5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best G-shocks out there..
Published 18 months ago by RedEyedJedi

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
produto apresentou problemas
Published 1 month ago by Vitor Vasconcelos

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best G-shocks out there.., June 27, 2013
RedEyedJedi (Galaxy Far Far Away) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's GWX8900-1DR G-Shock Tough Solar Multi-Band Atomic Watch (Watch)
Where to even start... lets see well this watch is solar powered.. it has a tide graph.. and it receives the time signal from an atomic tower closest to you! besides these awesome features it has all the other features a standard g shock would have such as alarm, timer, stop watch etc... one of the things i really like about the 8900 watch series is the size. its a nice big watch, al ittle bigger than the 6900s but its not as thick as a 6900 so its fits great on my wrist. also u cant go wrong with the color scheme.. nice blue letters where it says g-shock, and a dark orange "g-lide". all wrapped up in a glossy black. i also really dig the chrome eye on the display. it indicates the charge level on your watch.. the standard 8900s have the eye on the right side and it only counts seconds.. This is a great watch get it before the price goes up my friends, I've seen this watch go up too 200 on ebay, i was lucky to get it on amazon for $100. no tax no shipping cost, and its worth every penny!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch. The atomic timekeeping seems to be a ..., August 13, 2014
Very nice watch. The atomic timekeeping seems to be a contentious issue with folks; I will say that it isn't cut-and-dried as to how well it will work. I live in Oregon, and about every other day it successfully sets itself. It absolutely can't do it during daylight hours--I presume that's due to solar interference (as is mentioned in the instructions). I travel a lot within North America, and this seems to be about right nationwide (including in Denver, about as close to the atomic clock transmitter as you can get)... every other day or so it'll have the magic set of circumstances happen simultaneously and the set will occur. The only time this is a real drag is the FIRST setting... the Daylight Saving function won't work correctly if you can't get the first set accomplished. Set it in a place in the room away from electrical interference and go to bed and cross your fingers. I was concerned at first, but in my specific circumstances, the watch performs more than adequately.

I was very surprised that my watch arrived with a minor defect (the auto light function would not work), but the seller (in my case, WatchesZon) made amends and I have sent it to Casio for warranty repair. Otherwise this would be a five star review.

Not mentioned in any of the reviews I've seen on it: the tide function can be set to your actual desired surf break/harbor specifications, not just one of the hundred preloaded cities. There is a relatively simple way to simply enter in the first high tide time of the day (consult a local table) and the watch does the rest.

Good purchase, I like it and people comment on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best watches I ever owned., July 20, 2014
This is the best watch that I have invested into. It has a tide graph and a moon phase graph which is usefull for when I go down to the beach. It has a 200m water resistance which is like 600 ft underwater. It is a multiband 6 watch and automatically updates my time. You could see everything clear and it has a very bright light o see in the dark. If I were to ever get another watch, Ill make sure its a G-Shock because this is a very amazing watch and I would reccomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, September 20, 2014
After a ton of research on different G-Shock models, I have no regrets about buying this watch. Has a awesome glossy black finish and overall great look to it. I wear it almost every day at work and every weekend while surfing. Love the tides, tough solar and atomic time-keeping features. Only annoying thing is after you illuminate the screen, if goes dark if you switch between modes.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best G Shocks, July 6, 2014
The best G shock ever own, very light , good visibility .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch and great service, March 31, 2014
H. Boo "Mailman" (new york United States) - See all my reviews
Places order on 27th of march and rec on 31st of march...This was shipped from asia not calif.....FedEx....I was able to trace....The watch was already set to my location....The watch itself is very nice.....I expected a little bigger....But its still a great buy.....I cant say enough about the seller.....WatchesZon......Very fast and well packed......If you are looking for larger face ...They have lots in stock...The price also was great......The watch is made in China...I plan on using for gym and vacation...When you get up at 3am you need the casio led light...Could be a little hard for boomers to read certain indicators....Atomic time not important to me because I always run 3-4 min fast...Old habit from working years....No more catching that train.....Their price was 40 bucks less....Shipping from Singapore was SUPER fast..I sent for nato strap for Seiko 2 weeks ago..Still not here from Calif....Not from them...

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, March 11, 2014
Bought this for my boyfriends birthday, and he was very impressed. Great fit and a good resourse to the tides

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT WATCH., December 1, 2014
GREAT WATCH. STILL WORKING PERFECTLY AFTER TWO YEARS.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, November 19, 2014
produto apresentou problemas

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Best, January 17, 2014
T. Sammo (Palm Springs, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I love this watch! I don't have to change the time or worry about changing the battery, and it looks awesome on top of all that! Easy to read day or night when illuminated.