5.0 out of 5 stars The Good Reivew you are looking for
I'm a big fan of G-Shocks, but I'm the first to be critical of any shortcomings in terms of design, features and functionality. I bought this watch a week ago and have been wearing it non-stop ever since. The band is comfortable and the look is bold and clean.
Published 22 months ago by H. Chang

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional
This watch is very functional but I returned it because it looks like something a high schooler would wear. It looks great in the picture but is a very shiny plastic. I think if it was more of a matte finish it would be more sophisticated.
Published 2 months ago by John

5.0 out of 5 stars The Good Reivew you are looking for, November 6, 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's GWX8900B-7 G-Shock Tough Solar Multi-Band Atomic Watch (Watch)
I've read a few reviews about not being able to see/read the time b/c it is "so" dim. Well - two things. One - dimness is subjective - to me, I have no problems reading the time in a regularly lit room (in a dark-er room I was still able to read the time). Two - press that "G" button in the front and viola - it lights up and now you are DEFINITELY able to read the time. So i'm not sure what those complaints was really about since the features and funtionality of this watch far outstrips the POSSIBLE dimness one may percieve.
This watch recieve the radio signal no problem and self adjusted. I know it is always accurate b/c it syncs everynight to the atomic clock in Colorado. I know I won't run out of power for about a decade as long as I charge my watch via solar regularly. This is the watch for anyone and everyone (except the blind or near blind). This will be a great gift for Xmas thats coming up. Definitely worth it- if not for the functionality - for the looks - i've recieved countless compliments since I dawned this watch on my wrist. It's not so bad getting compliments all the time...lol

4.0 out of 5 stars Pro:The Perfect Self Sustaining Watch. Con:The White Paint Scratches, December 5, 2013
This is simply a amazing and beautiful watch, the night I got this watch, it was an hour off, then suddenly in the morning it auto adjusted itself. For a first time watch wearing I strongly recommend this watch. You dont need to fiddle with the settings or read through papers of manuel just to figure out how this thing works, it does it for you already. Its literally a self sustaining watching, atomic timing (auto adjusting for daylight saving and moving to different time zones) and solar powered (you dont have to change the batteries, it recharges by sunlight how cool is that). You couldnt read a better watch, and its g shock, so it can take some punishment, a month or two with this watch, and the glass hasn't even scratched! The only con about this Watch is that the white paint chips easily, thats the only annoying part of this watch, its my everyday watch and I'm beginning to notice wear and tear on the paint, which is sad, because if it wasn't for the white paint, this would be the perfect watch. Still despite the white paint, this watch gets the job done. And I'm only touching the surface, this watch is a versatile time piece. TImer, Alarm Clock, and even atomic timing for different cities around the world. This watch is AWESOME. Hope this review helps, Allsony ( ;

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Travel Watch with an Edge, December 16, 2012
I've been a fan of G-Shocks for a very long time. I was heading on a trip to the US and then Europe and thought it would be the perfect time to test the watch out.

First off, the seller was fantastic, the watch arrived on the date I needed it. I quickly pulled it out of the case and then proceeded to set it. It took a few minutes before I received an atomic radio signal in New York, but I was synchronized thereafter.

Upon landing in Italy, there was a delay in setting the watch, but after a few moments, it synced as well.

The only reason why I didn't give the watch 5 stars is because after a week of travel, and digging through my bag pack with my watch hand, I did notice some scratching on the face. I have very high expectations of G-Shock and their durability, so I should warn you that this beautiful white faced watch did demonstrate wear and tear pretty quickly. Apart from that, this is a brilliant watch, and I'm enjoying it tremendously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Watch!, March 20, 2014
Drew (Live Oak, CA) - See all my reviews
This watch is a fantastic watch. I work in the Garden Department of a home improvement store and decided to try out this watch. There was more than enough packaging to make sure this watch arrived unscathed. It is a beautiful watch and looks exactly like the picture. I would definitely recommend reading the instruction manual for the watch. It may look a little overwhelming but only about 1/3 of the manual is in English. The watch can be a little difficult to read in dim lights but it has on auto-illumination feature that lights up the watch when you tilt it to look at the time. When I received the watch, the battery was half charged and the time was a couple hours off. After I set my city code and performed a manual receive the time was perfect (Again, definitely read the manual). Also after an 8 hour shift in the garden department (both inside and out of the store) the watch was fully charged. I have yet to bang into anything or slam the watch into something so I can not attest to it's strength but it feels very sturdy. You will also get a fair amount of compliments on how good the watch looks because it's an eye catcher. This is a great watch and if you read the manual and follow the guidelines it should last for a long time. I will update this if something worth mentioning happens with the watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye catcher., August 28, 2012
Great watch much like most G-Shocks pretty indestructible. Supposedly the watch can go without a solar power recharge for 9 months which if true is amazing. No one has any idea where I got it and I get questions all day long. Very attractive and only slightly more expensive then the others that I own (up too #6 for g-shock now).

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoying the mens G-shock GWX8900-7, October 14, 2013
really enjoying it found so many thing it is capable of doing plus it looks real good. I loved the color too its hard to go wrong with a G-Shock

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good watch!!, March 13, 2013
This watch looks very good even though its bigger than i thought, very comfy, and made of very high quality materials, has loads of functions.

Pros: Very good looking watch that have LOADS of features, one of features that i like is the Auto Lightinning, which turn on the back light when you look into the watch !! how cool is that ?, The watch made of high quiality plastic and other materials, back light looks cool , very light and comfy, packaging is briliant.

Cons: display is kinda dim, and sometimes its hard to see the time unless you turn on light (i said sometimes , not always).

Regardless of its Cons, i highly recommend this watch for its rich features and briliant style.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2013 Solar Atomic G LIDE Black and White, September 10, 2012
I was looking for a white G Shock to add to my collection but was always hesitant to purchase an all-white model due to concerns of dirt and stain on the finish until I saw this black and white. I think it's a perfect combination.

The band is glossy black on the outside which can conceals stains it may collect in time as opposed to a white band. The case is finished in glossy white which I can make it much easier to clean as opposed to a matte-finished white.

The two major features that helped me decide to purchase are the Tough Solar and Multiband 6. It is primarily a surfer watch with its moonphase and tide graph functions. The buttons are easy to operate. This is my first G Shock with Illuminator lighting. It truly is bright enough to see the time and read the graphs in total darkness.

The watch is very stylish and futuristic.

Made in China

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, January 7, 2014
I bought this watch for my son for Christmas. He loves it. It's a different look but still trendy for him at 23 years old. He really likes the solar charging and the fact that it's an all around sport watch he can pretty much wear no matter what he is doing, snow skiing, water skiing, dirt biking, etc. Lot of different capabilities for him to experiment with as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!!!, November 30, 2013
This is a great watch!!!!! It came very fast and in a nice tin box!
The solar power works great i don't know what the other people were talking about cause it charges fast and last a good long time!
The coolest thing though, is when you look at the watch in low light the LED automatically comes on!
Overall GREAT watch five out of five stars!

Rate and Discover Movies