Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Pro Trek Gents Altimeter/Barometer Strap Watch
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 27, 2011
This is one of my favorite digital wrist watch. All the functions are working just as it was advertised. I didn't have to read the user manual to set the time and other functions. I'm certain I'd keep using this watch for another 3-5 years. Although I am having a temperature reading on the watch that is not very correct. I don't know if it should be caliberated before use. Since this is my first time of using a watch with thermometer, I guess there are more things to learn.

The screen is well protected and there would be no need to fear for scratches. I really love this watch.
on August 27, 2012
I really like my watch! Altitude sensor varies on quite a few conditions, such as temperature and so. Being new in this area of barometer, altimeter, etc on watches, I had expected to have a more consistent reading, but if your life is not depending on the altitude reading, I would say it does a very fair job. I would recommend this watch to my friends!
on February 12, 2014
I bought this watch because I needed to know what time it was when I ventured places where my phone couldn't go. Placees such as free diving, seal wrestling, and mountain conquering. So far it has worked great as far as the time goes, and since I spend time abroad I like the world time feature where I can click through all the worlds time zones.

As for the twin sensor… I have no idea how accurate the pressure gauge is, but it is useful in predicting quick weather changes on the mountain since it is accurate enough to tell you if pressure is getting higher or lower. The thermometer is never accurate while it is on your wrist as your body heat interferes with the reading, but take it off your wrist for a while and it is accurate. I like using it when I free dive so I can so how cold the water is. It even has an altimeter which is excellent for hiking since you can see the change in elevation from when you started. It has been durable so far , but I gave it four stars because it came with a thin strap that worries me.. there is nothing worse that your strap breaking while tangoing with an overgrown beaver-shark mid free dive and your watch swimming to the bottom without you.
on January 5, 2014
I love my watch. It was a steal compared to a number of other watches with similar features. The only reason I didn't give it a five is that it is a bit complex and you need to read the mini manual that accompanies it. Otherwise, I get the time, altitude, barometer and temperature all in one space.
on November 11, 2015
Don't buy this one. The altimeter doesn't work at all. I owned an old Casio G-Shock Altimeter that was great...but this one actually gave me readings that my altitude was going up...when I had descended 200'. The watch is decent looking and it keeps good time. The temperature reading isn't accurate because it plays also off your wrist skin heat--but it can give you temperature change. Overall, highly disappointed, because I bought this watch for the altimeter feature. Save your money.
on August 29, 2015
Always wanted one of these until I received a Casio Wave Ceptor as a gift 10 or more years ago. While the Wave Ceptor is a nice watch (I still like it) it's a digital/analog that has radio-controlled timekeeping and is somewhat complicated to operate...but it still works great, though. I feared that this one would be difficult as well. However, I quickly realized it is very simple to use. I'm very pleased with the size, shape, operation, and features, etc.,etc.. You can't really go wrong with this model...or any other Casio in my experience.
on December 4, 2014
This watch does everything that it is advertised to do. Be aware that it is large! As an electrician, I prefer the plastic band and case of this style watch.

This was shipped from California with no tracking information via the generally abysmal and unprofessional Lasership, but that was likely Amazon's decision.
on November 15, 2015
My husband has had this watch for over a year and the band has been repaired four times. It is now beyond repair and he cannot use th watch. The pins that connect the band to the watch face are weak and come unattached. The spot on the face where the pins attach breaks and there is no way to reinsert the pins. Great watch, but the band makes it useless.
on January 3, 2014
Before I bought this watch I read that the thermometers and pressure sensors are about the same regardless of expense of watch. And this one seems pretty good. The temperature is totally off when wearing it because of your body heat, but does very well when sitting in a room or placed in a cold stream! The altimeter seems ok. It is hardly ever better than a few hundred feet, but sometimes it is dead on. I've had one epic fail where it got no reading and then it was fine the next day, so not sure what happened there. It is best used for deltas as you climb. I doubt you will get anything more accurate unless you spend an excessive amount on a watch, but my hunch is that this is the same sensor as the more expensive version of this watch - so save your money! Also it is kind of big and for a woman it is really big, but there really wasn't anything comparable in female version when I looked. So I will say that it is annoying to have a giant watch under your sleeve to deal with and wearing on top of techwick, etc is also annoying. Hopefully streamline will come back into fashion soon and gone with the big clunky style of "look at my watch"!!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2014
Time measurement - accurate
Temperaature - all over the board, not accurate
Altimeter, measures changes in elevation usually in 40 foot differences, but sometimes in 20 foot changes sand sometimes in 60 foot changes. Bought the Casio Pro Trek watch to measure changes in altitude while I cycle, and it is okay at that.