5.0 out of 5 stars Beauty is skin deep, It has it where it counts.
I bought this phone as a replacement upgrade to a LG Voyager, with the touch screen. It was 2 and a half years old, wasn't working as well as it used to. It was my 3rd LG phone. As durable as they were, I had been looking for a more durable replacement, or addition I could use while working. Two years I considered other Casio Gz'One phones as a secondary phone. Their...
Published on March 24, 2010 by Patrick H. Crain

2.0 out of 5 stars High hopes, but phone fell flat!
Well, after using the Casio G'zOne Brigade for over a week, running it through it's paces and subjecting it to various tests, I've come to the conclusion that although this phone IS hardy enough to go with me where ever I want, it simply does not deliver the features I need/want. It doesn't matter that the phone is out in the elements with me, if it's unusable, it's no...
Published on June 14, 2010 by D. Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a winner, March 29, 2014
This review is from: Casio G'zOne Brigade C741 Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
Nobody can hear me when i talk to them with this phone. The front screen cracked after a 4 foot drop and no longer works, so its kinda rugged, but not that rugged. I would not recommend buying this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, January 6, 2014
Had it for four years and it still works fine. Never bought another battery...no need It's just time to retire it, but I'll not sell it as it will be my back up!

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk from the start!, November 23, 2012
I purchased phone and paid $400 for the darn thing when it first came out (shortly after), the phone was acting up and since I do not use a phone the way I use to I did not know it was trouble- I called Verizon and they said no trouble- sent me another (Not New just New to me) phone- I noticed the shipping label that said "Value less than $100" I just paid $400 for it a month and week ago - long story short- junk with the software- turns off/on on it's own - no body wants to know anything about this thing- stay away! You will only have trouble and nobody backs up what you paid for it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio G'zOne Brigade C741 Phone (Verizon Wireless), September 18, 2012
I LOVED this phone. It is sturdy and indestructable as it is encased in rubber, not at all like the cheap plastic phones that explode when dropped. I had dropped this phone on cement floors more than once and fell into the lake with it, neither of which had any effect on the phone at all. The querty keyboard was easy to text with as it had buttons indstead of a pad, and the features were easy to learn. I can't say enough good about it. My husband wanted to get Razors. Reluctantly I changed which has been at least 7 months ago-I would still rather have my Brigade. The Brigade is smaller than a Razer but heavier. I am not a big person, so the Brigade fit in my hand better. I could find it in my purse easier and it was easier to spot if I left it lying around the house. If you are a person who travels a lot, backpacks, camps or spends time around rocks, streams, rivers, or lakes,and want a phone you can count on, I highly recommend this phone. It also had a hole in the side so you can attach a wrist strap or secure it to you gear. We were told it was the same phone as the Navy Seals used. There is another version of this phone that is a flip top that is similar and rugged that my husband had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brian Proof and best non-smart phone I ever bought, June 15, 2012
I bought this phone back in 2010 as a gift for my boyfriend who is probably the worlds worst cellphone user. He is the godzilla of cellphones! He can destroy an indestructible phone....that is, until he started using this one! The biggest test came just this week when he lost it. He could not remember (or so he says) where it was last but he felt the need to retrace the path he took with his truck just in case... ;-) We tried several different spots, i tailed along with my phone and I was calling his so we could possibly hear it ring, but no luck. 5 days and 3 torrential rain pours later, I get a message from a friend that someone found it. She was the last person to text him so he texted her back, saying he found the phone! It was still partially charged when he found it on the side of a major highway! The person who found it was on a road construction crew and happened upon it while working on the side of the highway! I am happy to say Brian and his phone have been reunited and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and it works perfectly. The battery hadn't even died yet! If you are really hard on phones, this is the perfect phone for you. You can even take pictures underwater with it! Besides this, it is very reliable and he also likes listening to music on it while he's working (in construction.)

5.0 out of 5 stars The one I was looking for!, November 29, 2011
After trying several other phones without any success, I decided to try a Casio Brigade. This is the phone that I was looking for all along. Like many others I see writing reviews, I also work in the construction business. The other phones I tried just wouldn't hold up in this environment but the BRIGADE has worked flawlessly. I would go out of my way to protect the other phones without success. With the Brigade you can work with it on your side and not give it a thought. It will work when your ready to use it. I have stepped on it, dropped it in water and covered it with mud. I have went into the ocean with it in my pocket and subjected it to the sand while on the beach. And yes, at the end of the day I did shower with it and not once did it have a single problem. For those who use a phone like any other tool, you understand the importance of reliability........and that"s what the Brigade delivers. It's not the fanciest of phones, or the latest hot rod phone out there like the third iphone I'm about to buy my wife. This will be the her third one since I started using the Brigade. This phone is a working man's phone and it performs extremely well under adverse conditions. It will also perform reasonably well for internet and Facebook use. It has excellent battery life and recharges quickly.

1.0 out of 5 stars The phone is usless - everything sounds muffled - on both ends (the caller and the listener)., September 7, 2011
This phone is usless - everything sounds muffled - on both ends (the caller and the listener). It's even worse when trying to use the speaker phone. Did not return it in time so now I'm stuck with it. :(

1.0 out of 5 stars What a piece of junk!, June 6, 2011
What a piece of junk! Built to military specification? Ya right! What kind of brain dead engineer designed this? Problem 1: It is built tough BUT the idiots used two 2mm x 5mm standoffs to keep the two halves separated when closed and guess what happens when you put in your back pocket and sit on it. That's right, all that weight in bore down on those little standoff and it crushes the bottom, keyboard, half on the phone. (FYI - I am 200lbs.). Problem 2: it is hinged on the wrong side! I have been using this phone for 6 months and it still feels like opening a book with the binding on the wrong side. Problem 3: numerous software bugs, phone locks up when used a lot, powers down when you are trying to send a text message and someone sends you one at the same time. Overall it is a mere prototype phone that should have never been released for sale. It does have potential if the designing engineers learn some common sense, but I believe the days of the full mechanical keyboard phone is coming to an end, full touch screen keyboards are the way of the future. The Casio Brigade could of been a great phone if the engineers would have spent more time refining it. What a shame.

1.0 out of 5 stars Deserves Zero stars Fragile piece of junk Useless Warranty, February 28, 2011
Amazon Customer "Photo fan" (Chester, IL United States) - See all my reviews
My son got this phone from Verizon last week and dropped it a couple of feet onto a carpetted floor yesterday. Both the hinge and inner screen broke. I called both verizon and Casio and they both said that the warranty doesn't cover the phone if it is dropped. i wish it could be given a zero

1.0 out of 5 stars This phone is TERRIBLE!!!, March 10, 2011
I have never written a review on anything before but I am so disapointed in this phone I just couldn't help myself.

I have had the phone for less then 30 days and I put it down on the coffee table after using it and when I picked it back up again and opened it up the screen was cracked in 3 places. Of course that is not covered so I am stuck with it or buy another one at full price because of course I just renewed my plan.

I previously had the G'Z One Type-V and had it for 5 years. My horses stepped on it, I dropped it on concrete and everything else and not one time did I have an issue with it. And now I am stuck with one that cannot even handle being put down let alone dropped.

After all this we have decided after 15 years of being with Verizon to also leave and go with another cell phone provider. The customer service was just appauling. They asked me if I had the phone in the cold...WHAT? in the cold? It is a construction grade phone that is outside with me, am I supposed to leave my phone at home because it is cold outside? Another statement from them was that something in my purse must have gotten in between the screen and keyboard. Really now? Come on...

So anyway, if you need a phone to stand up to everyday life, this is not the phone for you!!