on November 15, 2012
+ Quality is great. Unlike many other cheap Casio watches the "mineral glass" is actually glass and not plastic. The wrist band, housing and buttons are over-sized and gives a solid impression
+ The user interface is basic and to the point, and in my opinion, the retro look trumps the modern day g-shocks aesthetically.
+ Uses a capacitor rather than rechargeable lithium battery. While a capacitor can only go a few weeks without sunlight, it is (unlike a rechargeable) near impossible to destroy by over-discharging, overheating or just aging.

- Contrary to Amazon product description this watch DOES NOT have a light of any kind. There just is no way to read the time without an external light source.
- Clasp is made of plastic, about the only weak point quality wise.

If you can live without a LED, this may very well be the watch for you. For me this is a deal breaker and while I am sad to part with this bad boy, it is going back to Amazon.
on April 20, 2013
This watch is awesome!
I have it already one month and I am happy with it! For me this watch has only pros.
Before ordering it, I knew, that it doesn't have a back light. It isn't important for me because on my previous Casio watches I rarely used light. I have never been in totally dark place and I was always able to check time with minimal surrounding light. Anyway classic watches don't have light at all but nobody says that is bad.
It looks fantastic on my wrist! No other watches have the similar design! With solar batteries on display the watch looks like sophisticated futuristic device. I had two G-Shocks, one is 7 years old and other is 2. When I got the second one nobody even noticed that I have new watch! Because all G-Shocks look like a hockey puck with almost the same design with bunch of plastic and annoying circles on display!
This watch has everything what I need from digital watch: alarms, countdown timer, stopwatch, solar power and mineral crystal. High quality materials and assembly make it real 200M water resist!
I am impressed with such a unique watch from Casio. I highly recommend it anyone who appreciates the reliability and know the value of good things!
on May 29, 2013
Cheap, Cheerful & 200 metres water resistant.

Add to that it's 100% solar powered with only a capacitor and not a battery and you get a very economical watch!

It's built nicely and is comfortable on your wrist, just the right size for a medium sized mans wrist.

Highly Recommended.
on August 8, 2013
I’ve been wearing this watch for about 2 weeks now and so far I like it a lot. I was very excited when I got it and immediately tried charging it under a standard lamp for a few hours expecting it to work but only got 15 seconds of use before the charge was exhausted. The next day I charged it in the sun for about 3 hours and it has been working well ever since. Reading the instructions would have told me this but, hey, I’m a guy!

The controls are simple and easy to operate and I especially appreciate the mineral glass window for scratch resistance. The “dead” button for the light serves as a convenient rest for your finger as you manipulate the opposing buttons. These buttons seem to operate more smoothly than my recently purchased Timex watch. Oh, if you want a light then check out the WS200H-1BVCF which is more stylish and says it has an LED light. It’s also about $6 more.

I am not sure of how many cycles you can expect out of the capacitor but I suppose keeping it charged will help prolong its life. I plan on keeping mine charged as much as possible.

Since this watch is so “obviously” solar powered it appealed to the nerd in me - don’t expect Tag type styling is what I’m trying to say. All in all I am “pretty to very” satisfied with this watch. It’s functional and durable while being very reasonably priced.
on December 16, 2013
No light for this watch but it is not a big issue. I like the concept which is not functioned using battery. I've done an experiment, put the watch under the sun around 90 mins, it can stand for around 2 weeks.
Nice design, easy to use, very suitable for sport ppl.Price is totally reasonable. A must have I think.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I have become a bit of a watch freak, unintentionally. I certainly did not need another watch, but could not pass this one up. A solar-powered Casio rated to 200 meters for 19.99? I'll take it. It arrived charged and then I left it on the stand and put it on the window sill for a few afternoons facing the setting sun. So far it's keeping excellent time. I am not quite clear on how often it has be be placed in the sun, but that shouldn't be a problem. The slightly recessed face appears to be quality clear mineral crystal. I have worn it mountain biking a few times, or at least what passes for mountain biking around here. The buttons stick out and are easy to press, even with gloves on. It is thinner too, than the similar-appearing G-Shock series. Also, this has a capacitor in it, as opposed to a battery, which supposedly never needs replaced, unlike, even my solar powered battery containing G-Shocks will charge for only so many battery cycles. The only minuses are I have to hold the watch away from my face sometimes, to read without reading glasses, and no illumination, but that's what your cell phone is for!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is a CASIO solar watch of earlier design with visible solar panel. It has great functions ,like stop watch, 5 alarms and count-down timer. The specs says that it has mineral (glass) window and also a water resistance of 200 meters, as you find in a diver watch...Thus the watch has almost all the features found in more expensive watches, at the same time it is solar powered.
The only 'missing feature" for me is the illuminator or back lighting as in other solar watches.
The case size just the right size--neither too big nor too small.The other Casio solar watches ,called 'tough solar' or "slim solar' are pretty big.
The band is functional and may not last long and would need replacement, if I can use the watch with solar power for many ,many years.
The solar power part is interesting; this does not use a rechargeable battery, but a super capacitor. The manual says that it can give power for 14 days after full charging. The capacitor gets charged in about 90 minutes in direct sunlight;.may be CASIO can improve performance for rapid charging ,say about 30 minutes in direct sunlight. Direct sunlight can heat up the watch with its black surface and may even damage the components to some extent. So I would charge it in small intervals of 20 minutes each time with cooling period.
I must add that this watch is the best one can buy for about $20 with CASIO reliability and quality .The back cover says that it is 'Made in China", not "cased in china" as in other models. This may mean that the entire product, including the movement is Chinese made and may not come with the quality normally expected of a Japanese product.
Yet since this is a watch with older design, I presume that the manufacture has stabilized well for a quality product from a Casio unit in China...Above all, the price of $20 is attractive and I highly recommend this for a solar watch.
on March 7, 2014
I actually did not realize that you need a good beam of sunlight for a few hours to get this watch started. I put it under a lamp for a few hours and it didn't respond well.

The watch stays relatively accurate - there seems to be about a +/- 10 second difference between the watch and my atomic watch so its great!

Pricing is great - only down side is no nightlight/night glow - but only 4/5 was because of the difficulty in recharging the watch!
on November 11, 2013
so far so good. Looks to be like a nice watch! I don't need all the five alarms but the stopwatch, date time and clock features are nice. And the solar powered feature is cool. Can't beat the price (even better than Ebay)
on February 4, 2015
I bought this to use as my Dive Watch. I know - CASIO has a disclaimer that states do not use this for diving.... I have been diving with Casio watches for about thirty years. I have never had one fail on me yet. This watch is a bit different. It does not use a battery at all. It uses a solar panel to charge a capacitor which powers the watch. Until the watch is fully charged it will lose it's programming. Once charged it will run for several days in complete darkness. I received this watch and promptly went on a trip where we went snorkeling with the Manatees at Crystal River FL. The watch was in the water for at least ten hours over two days and did not have a problem. Since we not on SCUBA it only got to about 20 or so feet with it. This is a very well built watch. While not as rugged as a Casio "G Shock," it is rugged enough to handle the rigors that most people would put it through. The buttons are large enough to activate even while wearing gloves. My only concern is that of longevity. I am hoping that since a batter does not need to be replaced that it will run longer than other watches that I have retired because of concerns of water resistance following a battery replacement. If it holds up as well as I hope this will have been a GREAT purchase. If it is only as good as the watches that proceeded it it would still be a good buy. Short version: I LIKE THIS WATCH!

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations