5.0 out of 5 stars Latest of my raves for ANY version of this watch
I have reviewed one version or another of this very same watch so many times now I am starting to feel like a spammer (or maybe they need to give me my own section so you can focus on what anyone ELSE has to say?) I ALWAYS rave about it, and this version is the classiest to date, IMHO.

Each review says about the same thing. To sort-of summarize: I have worn...
Published 20 months ago by Madelyn Griffith-Haynie

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch
I have had a number of these watches because they have all the perks that I need and like - timer, date, alarm, digital, etc. I wanted to try this version with a silver face (I have always bought the black faced ones) and found that it is a little difficult to read - for some reason. All the features are great except that one thing!
Published 6 months ago by E. V. Wilkerson

5.0 out of 5 stars Latest of my raves for ANY version of this watch, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Casio #LA670WA-7 Women's Metal Band Countdown Timer Alarm LCD Digital Watch (Grey) (Watch)

Each review says about the same thing. To sort-of summarize: I have worn some version of this watch ONLY for over 30 years now, take it off only to bathe or swim, can't run my life without the set-in-literally-seconds-with-your-eyes-closed countdown timer, a feature *unique* to this ONE watch (now in many finishes).

When I first found it in a little shop in NYC, the only version available was the black plastic-strapped one Casio Women's LA11WB-1 Daily Alarm Digital Watch - for years). It used to be difficult to find AT ALL - God Bless Amazon!

I always repeat that the ONLY downside to this watch is that batteries eventually die and must be replaced. If you don't take or send to a Casio dealer for its battery change, you may get it to keep on ticking forever, but there is a *high* probability that there will be no "alarm" functionality after opening the back (some teensy thingie springs away - too small to locate, nobody but a Casio dealer will even try - no sound without it).

At this price, I'll keep replacing every 2-1/2 to 3 years - saves me TIME and hassle, and is still a bargain buy, even totaling repeat purchases. (Cost per wearing is way less than a penny a day if it is your main watch, even if you replace every 3 years -- and sometimes you luck out, battery-replacement wise). Watches that do far less cost more.

I ALWAYS keep at least one in reserve because I'm the ADD Poster Girl and tend to lose things in weird ways (you'd have to have ADD to understand.) Plus, you never know how old the battery was when the watch came to you, and I don't want to go a single day without my sense-of-time-on-a-strap (stopping the alarm the second it rings is a single button push and conserves battery life, btw -- so good to rotate wearing your back-up, if you keep one)

There is also a daily alarm (more steps to set, but not bad) - that sounds every day at the same time. If you stick it in a drawer, it will ring for a minute or longer (never tracked it), so if you are like me and want back-ups, don't stock up or you'll defeat the purpose -- otherwise I'd buy them out and never have to worry again that Casio will stop making this watch.)

Since the newer versions are more attractive in my eyes, I no longer buy the black-plastic-strap one (slightly cheaper, btw. if you like that look - you can change the strap relatively easily). Currently, I have one just like this but with a black face Casio Women's LA670WA-1 Daily Alarm Digital Watch, a gold-toned one with a black face LA670WGA-1D Ladies Gold Tone Digital Watch RETRO, and now this "silver-on-silver" version. This is MY all time favorite, since I wear primarily silver-toned jewelry - precious metals and knock-offs alike. (I also wear an heirloom platinum ring 24/7 and the watch is fine in combo - nothing "cheap" about the finish - and believe me, I can be rough on things).

Like I said, I wear this watch EVERYWHERE for the functionality, but its nice to see my thinking that this would turn out to be a slightly "dressier" version validated. The face looks "grey-er" in the photo than "live" btw and the time square is closer to the same color. If checking the time in the dark is more important for you than easily tracking elapsed time "until" - keep looking - no backlight, even though the photo looks like there might be.

The watch itself looks most like high-end stainless steel to my eyes, and doesn't pull focus from cuff bracelets or fight evening sparklies like the black-faced one seemed to (in my eyes - it's a taste thing - YOU may like the other better for your life and wardrobe).

Check out my more detailed reviews for other versions - they all work the same.

For context: I am an ADD Coach who also trains time-management skills, and I recommend this watch to clients and students ALL the time -- the idiot-proof countdown timer is one of THE best time-tools going. I promise I don't work for Casio or get a kick-back - but if they had an affiliate program I WOULD sell it on my blog or website (and I don't recommend ANYTHING I can't personally stand behind).

Just shoot me if there ever comes a time I can't get a replacement when I need one - if I have to review repeatedly for the rest of my life to encourage others to purchase so that Casio keeps manufacturing, SO BE IT!

ONE LAST THING: I recently discovered there is a "gold on gold" version, btw Casio Women's LA670WGA-9 Gold Stainless-Steel Quartz Watch with Digital Dial(just purchased the gold with black face (linked above), so am waiting - I will buy it the next time I'm looking to replace and will be reminded to review AGAIN (and I will).

I'll come back someday to edit (adding any missing links to help you jump to the other versions) -- the screen reminding me to "rate your recent purchase" takes me to a rating form with no link option, and I'm currently more than slammed with Christmas details on top of everything else. (That I took the time to write yet another review AT ALL right now speaks strongly about how very much I LOVE this watch!)

Madelyn Griffith-Haynie, CMC, SCAC, MCC
- ADD Coaching Field co-founder -
(blogs: ADDandSoMuchMore and ADDerWorld - dot com!)
"It takes a village to educate a world!"

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, February 22, 2013
I would give it 5 stars if you didn't have to push a button to see the date and if it had a light. But it's a nice size and very good quality. I guess they put the money in to things like a real mineral crystal and stainless band instead of the other things. It won't get so scratched and worn looking as the similarly priced Timexes I normally wear. I like it a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladies Casio, October 30, 2012
The only ladies watch available in the states, I believe that has an up timer, a down timer, an alarm and today's date. I couldn,t live without mine

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Style, April 21, 2013
I needed a good looking but not flashy watch with the alarm feature as I have to take medication at certain times of the day. There aren't many alarm watches, especially women's watches, but I found this here on Amazon. And I'm very happy with it. It is expensive looking but not flashy and the features are great. My only problem is I initially did have some difficulty learning how to set the features but got them done pretty quickly. I wear it every day as it goes with everything.

Thanks Amazon!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kris in WI, November 23, 2012
the countdown timer - could not live without!
LOVE this watch. Wish Casio would have this feature on more watches! I'd buy MORE! (and add a light please)

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, February 1, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch, June 21, 2014
These watches for me are so very useful. It seems I use that timer at least 5 times a day. When to turn the meat, when to shut off the water outside, when to call someone back... you get the picture. And it is the only watch I have ever found with a push button timer. That feature is soooo easy to use. Very smart design.

I have worn this Casio style with the countdown timer for 25 years. I started with the black plastic band. The band broke way before the watch did. So I replaced those as needed. Replaced the batteries as needed. Replaced the watch as needed... you get the picture. It was not an attractive watch, but it was so practical that I wore it for everything.
Then I found the silver metal band with the black ringed face and have worn that one for I bet 5 years... same story as above except the metal band never broke. And it was so much more attractive! Wore it for everything.

I was excited when I found the silver faced one because it is dressier. I love it! So now I will be wearing this one all the time. I have a metal allergy so I loosen the band so it fits more like a bracelet and it works perfect for me. I can't imagine wearing any other watch because of the timer. Other than that it is a basic watch. So if you need something flashy and high end, this is not the watch for you. If you find yourself in need of a simple reminder system, get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite watch yet - excellent for mothers, athletes, and cooks, June 5, 2014
I will admit I have a ridiculous amount of watches, but this one is my favorite yet. It goes with everything, is water resistant, has an adjustable band, alarm, stopwatch, and most awesomely an adjustable timer; by clicking the upper right button, you are able to set a timer for 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, or 30 minutes. I use this for my balancing exercises on the Bosu ball in the gym, for giving my toddler time-outs (she knows when mommy's watch beeps she can get up), and for cooking. Love, love, love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars love this watch, April 2, 2014
Only problem is that the batteries are not replaceable. Have to replace the whole watch, which is why this is the 5th time I have bought this watch over more than 10 years. The countdown timer is awesome and useful in so many unexpected ways.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best watch, March 23, 2014
Ive been buying this watch for over fifteen years. Its my favorite. The timer is great when you need to time something for 3 to half hour.

Rate and Discover Movies