5.0 out of 5 stars Tested in water, stream and sauna
The reason I bought this is for swimming and going to hot stream room. It is no reason to ruin an expensive watch. Finally I tested it out and want to share with others who use it for similar purpose. I swam in heated swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna 170F, stream room and hot shower for 10 minutes each. Of course, typical jogging also. It can stand under all of those...
Published 21 months ago by Product finder

3.0 out of 5 stars great value waterproof multifunction sports watch
This watch is definitely solar, tough, and waterproof - great value for the price. The operation of the different functions, however, is far less than obvious. Do not discard the manual upon unpacking! I generally awake to find the display blank, but once you press a button, it promptly comes back from power-saving mode.
Published on August 28, 2011 by M. Knock

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 514 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, January 2, 2012
This review is from: Casio Women's LWS200H-1ACF Solar Runners 120-Lap Black Digital Sport Watch (Watch)
I run about 4 miles at least twice a week, and previously used my iPhone stopwatch till the rainy season started. This watch fits my needs perfectly. It is waterproof, stylish without being trendy, and the solar battery is awesome. I've had other watches I liked before but found changing the battery a hassle. The only weird thing I have encountered is when setting the time, you have to enter a city code. I have been unable to find a translation for all the city codes (there are maybe 20+) though admittedly I haven't been completely thorough. Aside from that this is a total plus purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, August 9, 2011
Great watch!My other watches stopped working because they need a battery.This one is solar powered so I can leave it overnight in the dark and wake up in the morning and it has the correct time when I put it in the light.Plus I like that you can see what time it is all around the world.Very cool!

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim, solar-powered, functional watch perfection, September 27, 2012
We all have phones attached to us like limpids. They all tell the time, and smartphones can give you timers, stop watches, time zones, moon phases, a compass, and so on. Haven't watches seen their demise and shouldn't they give up their grip on this world and just let go? Well, I managed with a phone only for a while, but for the last few years I have worn this wrist watch and hope to continue doing so for years to come.

Yes, I am gentlemen and this is a ladies watch, but it works. The LSW200 is not super skinny, looks gender-agnostic, is nicely sized, and very light. It weighs close to half that of the closest and most similar 'mens' watch. A heavy watch is a sweaty, bulky, pain; but this watch floats on my wrist like a ring of spring flowers.

Upfront, here is my minor critique: a couple of the functions act a bit funny / aren't too useful. The alarm, or rather the apparent five of them are ok but I've struggled to get them to be audible. The stopwatch is fine and has a one hundred lap memory, but I've never used this. Finally, it has a daylight saving time setting but it's either super smart or super dumb: either way I found it too unpredictable to rely upon.

Here are some more reasons to love this watch:
- It is amazingly good value;
its diminutive size and largely classic and simple Casio design make it innocuous (it won't win beauty contests, but neither will it get booed off stage)
- It has solid not-too-fancy construction;
- I expect to never, ever, ever have to change the battery, thanks to the solar powered nature of the watch (the battery will apparently last 11 months without light, and it also uses a clever technique where the screen switches off after time when not exposed to light. It can be turned on again at the press of any button);
- You can wear it just about anywhere: it's waterproof enough for showers, swimming, the ocean (it says to 50m but I've been told that's baloney);
- It's easy to clean, thanks to the wonders of plastic;
- It has the usual digital functions. My favorites ones are: the world time, so I can easily switch to a second time zone when traveling; and the countdown timer, which has dual timers that cycle up to ten times. For example, it can countdown five minutes, then one minute, then back to five minutes. I use this for helping my intervals for running, and have used it before for Pomodoro timing. It would be great if it had more than one timer, so I could use it for running, and Pomodoro, and Tabata training. Oh well;
- FINALLY AND PERHAPS BEST OF ALL, it has just enough but not too much. There's no moon phase calendar, no compass that doesn't really work, no altimeter, no astrology predictor, and no heart rate monitor. It tells the time, in several different ways, and should tell the time for decades to come. It hits the sweet spot between form, function and price

5.0 out of 5 stars Best watch ever for sports or every day wear!, September 2, 2012
Solar powered and all the information I need (day, date, time, etc) without having to push buttons. It rests in the dark, but if the light button is depressed the display will go on again. The watch charges perfectly and I have never had a problem. I have them in all the colors: blue, red, grey and black. Good looking enough for younger styles, big enough display for older eyes. I have a very small wrist and it is still comfortable and fits well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch, August 4, 2014
Love this watch. Once it is fully charged, you do not have to worry about it. Just wear it outside every few days or charge in the sun. I like that it has two timers for my interval training AND that I can swim with it. I have used it in the ocean twice I. I also appreciate the power save feature. I give it 4 instead of 5 stars because the strap is a bit inflexible and does not seem to be too strong. Luckily, I can alway replace the straps should I need to. I hope I am wrong though and look forward to using this watch for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing watch. Bought it over a year ago, January 22, 2015
Amazing watch. Bought it over a year ago. Wore it everywhere. Despite living in cloudy area it never ran out of batteries & always kept time. It even survived military boot camp. Only needs a little bit of light (eg lamp) to have power. Also cool additional features such as stopwatch, timer, other time zone (which I conveniently set to Zulu / GMT), easy change to DST. Only reason I am buying another one now is because I lost it somewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ok for guys too, January 1, 2013
FarmerT (Atlanta, Ga) - See all my reviews
Was looking for just a plain unobtrusive watch with multiple timing functions. Didn't like the looks of any of the "guy" watches. This one is just black with white writing, gray face and of course the silver buttons. Nothing about it looks feminine. What classifies it as "womens" is it make be slightly smaller size than the "mans", (a good thing) and it has a shorter length band, which I was worried might be to small. I'm an average size guy and the band fits perfect in the third notch. A larger "mans" band would have been too long with the excess hanging off.

I like the solar feature. No more batteries. If you are not use to all the features, you will need the manual to figure out how to use it. Even just to set the time. The face is just plastic and has very light scratches after 4 months, but you don't notice them unless you catch them just so in the light. So far, over all a good deal, even for us guys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why for women? Awesome for boys!, October 17, 2014
I got this for my 7 year old son a year ago and it is solid. He hasn't killed it. It still looks almost new. He's 8 now and I explained again how it runs off sunshine like a tree and he's got a new respect for it. First I bought my kids analog watches with hands. Then I told them "when you are a Time Master (Can read analog watches well) I'll get you a good watch". This was his good watch reward :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Women's LWS200H-1ACF Solar Runners 120-Lap Black Digital Sport Watch, June 22, 2014
After replacing batteries almost yearly in three of my other four watches (and having the crystal of one of them broken during its last battery replacement), I was MORE THAN READY to try a SOLAR watch! (Yes, I know that solar batteries also fail, eventually...but bought this Casio watch hoping that this will be a rare, as opposed to yearly, event). My new Casio watch arrived with its battery completely discharged. I immediately placed it in direct sunlight (checking often, to ensure that it was not becoming excessively hot) for several hours, after which its battery had charged sufficiently to enable re-setting time/date functions. It will require several days in full sunlight to reach full charge (so as to enable my use of all functions), according to my understanding of its manual. That is OK with me, since it will take me some time to read the entire manual/understand use of the lap-timing and other functions. I am happy that the new watch seems sturdy in construction, with non-metallic band and sufficiently water-resistant that I will not need to protect it from sudden rainstorms. (My other pace watch has developed spots of corrosion, forcing me to coat portions with clear nail polish to prevent nickel allergic reaction; without water-resistance, I cannot use it in rainy weather. Therefore, I can now appreciate the Casio--although I had not considered these features in making my buying decision).

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Watch, June 3, 2014
Really like this watch, inexpensive, easy to set, multiple features. Like the solar feature but don't be suprised if the disply blacks out, as soon as it picks up light it comes right back on. Display is easy to read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 514 | Next ›