5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch: Size, Weight, Style - All Great
Published 4 months ago by Jake

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe it's defective.
So, I could live with a 20 second a month accuracy, but I've had this watch for three days and have had to reset the time twice. The first time was about 20 minutes after I had originally set it, it was slow by ~5 minutes. The second time was today, again, slow by about 5 minutes. would not buy again.
Published 9 months ago by Zachary Griggs

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe it's defective., March 13, 2014
This review is from: Casio MQ-24-1BLCK Mq24-1b 3-hand Analog Water Resistant Watch (Watch)

3.0 out of 5 stars The watch face is very small, November 3, 2014
The watch face is very small, more suited to a female or
child...I'm a 6' guy....too small for me...otherwise watch
functioned as advertised...I sold it to friend for her child....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch: Size, Weight, Style - All Great, August 4, 2014
This watch is great. I have only been wearing it for a few weeks, so I can't speak for it's durability, but everything else about it is exactly what I wanted. I wanted a cheap, light watch, that still looks nice. I have a very nice watch, but sometimes there are times I don't want to worry about something happening to a more expensive watch. That's why I bought this one. Out of the box I wasn't impressed by the looks right away. But when I put it on it looked really nice. I have found myself wearing this watch really often and neglecting my more expensive watch. You really can't beat this watch in my opinion. The size and weight are perfect. I am a runner, and have smaller wrists, so I don't like clunky, heavy watches. This watch fits perfect. I will probably but another in s different style soon. The great price makes me question how long it will last, but it seems durable enough for casual wearing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive and functional, March 10, 2014
Just what I wanted, and inexpensive, functional, stylish watch I can wear while working, without worrying about it. Will buy another one if it dies for another $8.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch for the moolah..., September 18, 2014
This is a good watch...but not a great watch. Considering that it is routinely offered here for less than $10, "good" is not necessarily a flaw. It is most definitely a no-frills choice. I like the contrasting numbers and hands that are easy to read against the black background,important as there is no backlight. A second hand included at this price is a plus as well. The red secondary numbers used to translate the time into the military format are a bit too small for my eyes to read in all but the brightest lighting. Not a big deal for me though. The slim profile is a plus in that you're much less likely to catch or bang the watch in everyday use. One feature that I would point out is the composition of the face of this watch. It's acrylic. Acrylic is the least durable material used in watch faces. It's much more prone to scratches. For a few dollars more you can get a great watch from Casio. One with a better band and a mineral face which will take much more day-to-day abuse. However if price is your main consideration, this is a watch to consider.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little small for a mens watch, July 22, 2014
Jay Jordan (Ann Arbor, MI) - See all my reviews
Upon unboxing, it just looked a lot smaller than I was expecting. Now trying it on, I conclude that while it may be visually designed in the right proportions on a screen, it is scaled maybe 4-8% smaller than I would expect for an adult watch.

I wasn't expecting too much, but my point of reference is my current Casio F108WH sports watch (only coincidentally the same brand, I just liked the style+price of this new watch). Sure enough, I tried replacing the "Men's-width" band with the band from my previous analog watch, and sure enough it was 1/16" too small. This one must not truly be a mens watch.

So while the bezel seems a little too thin, and the band is a bit thinner than a stick of gum (which is slightly concerning), I think I'll still try it for a while as it still feels great albeit small. It's just a wee bit on the "dainty" side of "elegant".

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect! My son needed an analog, October 19, 2014
Perfect! My son needed an analog watch to time himself when taking the Bar Exam this summer--they don't allow digital anything of any kind in the exam room, and he needed to keep track of how much time he was spending on each section of the test.
So we bought him this inexpensive watch (he said it needed a second hand, and those are harder to find than you might think) and we expected him to use it for the two days of taking the Bar, then probably never again.
Well, he just came to visit us, two months later, I he was still wearing it!

4.0 out of 5 stars overall is a good watch for the price., June 26, 2014
for the price of the watch, it is good. the only thing that can get a little annoying is the strap will sometimes come loose cause the part thats supposed to stop it from coming out is not high enough

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch, June 24, 2014
S. Garrett (Lombard, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I had previously purchased the Casio MQ24-1E model, which is almost the same as this one, except for that one has no digits and gold lines every minute mark. So far, this watch has performed great. It keeps accurate time, and looks decent enough. It's really durable (worn it working out and to karate) and waterproof. I decided to go with this model over buying the MQ24-1E because my kids had trouble reading the time off the old one. The old one also gradually got scuff marks on the display over time, but after 2.5 years, the battery had given out as well, so I have high hopes for this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing watch!, May 26, 2014
I have been wearing it for the past 3 weeks and I couldn't find anything wrong with it. Extremely durable and sleek.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›