Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on January 28, 2006
I whole heartedly agree with the other reviewer. This watch is great for many reasons. The price is right. Less than $10. Come on, anyone can afford it. It doesn't weigh a thing! I personally don't like heavy watches. This is the opposite of a 10 oz Rolex or other expensive watch. It actually looks nice. Kind of a "classic" design. Gold hands and accents on black. A sweep second hand and a simple adjustable wrist band. A very simple, no-frills watch. It is my casual weekend watch that I wear when I don't need to know what day it is.

It is all plastic. The bezel can be easily scratched. But, it's easy enough to just buy another one and replace it if that happens. I'm on my second one in 10 years and I also have a spare in reserve. Once you've bought more than one battery for this watch, you have already reached the purchase price.

I hope Casio never stops making this basic model. In fact, they should expand the line to include other colors, designs, etc.
0Comment170 of 173 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2012
Fun cheap watch, but i'll tell ya this.. I have girl wrists and pretty small hands, and this watch still looks small on me.
review image
0Comment92 of 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2005
How can you hold back?! You can have a stylish black faced analog (YES- ANALOG!) watch with gold details for less than $10!!! I love this watch, but then again, I love not spending a lot of money on a timepiece. Best of all, you can watch the confusion on your child's face when they ask you the time and you show them the clock. "Oh, it's not digital?" Yeah, baby... this is old skool! I would only recommend against this watch if you are uncertain about the hash marks. If that's the case, look at the next casio in the price list and for (I think) $0.50 more, you can have number on your watch face... Love it!
11 comment71 of 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 22, 2014
Wonderful woman's watch. I bought this watch for a woman and she loves it. Classy and high quality for the price.

Unless they have very dainty wrists or like to wear women's watches, most men will find this watch much too small.

Other reviewers have done an excellent job documenting the size. I especially appreciated the image next to a quarter for reference. I added some new images to the mix so you can see it compared to some other watches.
review image review image
33 comments55 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 20, 2012
I bought this watch because I am like a bull in a china shop. I break watches like "Octomom" break's water. The thin profile should help me to be less damaging.
0Comment37 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2014
Im not a watch person, or a top rated reviewer. But I have owned this watch for over a year now and I am stunned by something a lot of reviews seem not to talk about. The water resistance/proof of this watch! Now it may be a hit and miss, I dont know. But I can say my watch has been in COUNTLESS pools, hot tubs, showers, and shows no signs of fogging or slowing down. I even took it surfing yesterday with 6ft swells on the freezing oregon coast! Still looks as new as the day I bought it! When and if I ever manage to kill this one, I will be back buying another one without a second thought.
on December 14, 2011
Probably the best darn watch to be gotten for less than $10.00. I've a few expensive watches, but wanted a watch I'd be comfortable wearing on a daily basis without having to worry about damaging a delicate and expensive timepiece.

Verdict: Well, this watch just withstood a slobbering from my Golden Retriever. I guess that's as demanding a test as any. 5 stars!

***UPDATE****
I had previously given this watch 5 stars, but I am docking it one star. The watch is fine, but the crystal scratches just a bit too easily for my tastes. None of the scratches are major, or are even visible unless the watch is held at just the right angle under the right light. But they're still there, and that does annoy me just a bit.

Despite this, for $10.00, this is a cute little watch.
review image review image
0Comment29 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2015
At first, the MQ24-1E will appear to look like a joke watch--something a kid would wear. Some may even argue: "This is a woman's watch." It's small. This is true; make no mistake. And you may think, what self-respecting adult would ever wear something like this? I get that, truly. And again, the watch is fairly small (hence the 4 instead of 5 stars). But if you can get over the size of the watch (and I cannot stress this enough, this watch is TINY) it really, truly is a minimalist masterpiece. As a matter of fact, with each passing day, I can begin to see how a smaller-sized watch like this could enhance the appeal of something as minimal in design as this timepiece. It is black with gold accents and that's it, pretty much. No Indiglo. No Sapphire Crystal. No chronometer. Just simple, to-the-point, cheap and efficient and elegant. There really isn't much else say.

NB: Pictures of this product are, in my opinion, very important, as it really can come as something of a surprise (the size of this watch) to some people if they are uninformed. Attached, are four pictures of the watch to remedy this situation.
review image review image review image review image
on September 15, 2008
I'm on about my fourth or fifth version of this watch, and will keep on buying them as long as I can. They're very inexpensive yet very accurate, losing about a second every two days versus my atomic clock. It's also attractive enough for dress-up events. I have very small wrists and can't wear many expansion band watches, so this one works very well for me.

Stan Davis
Lakewood, CO
0Comment35 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2008
My father wore a very similar watch for as long as I can remember. It was not this cheap model, because he had the battery replaced on that quite often and it kept working, and I understand from reviewers that this might not.

But at a price cheaper than a battery change for my father's watch, this is a truly excellent watch. It has understated refinement and elegance; it is waterproof and reliable; the lightness and the plastic strap means you won't sweat and it won't irritate you, and no numbers means the watchmaker decided not to insult your intelligence.

Not for me a flashy, bukly Rolex or Omega; not for me any whacking big metal watch; not for me a digital watch; not for me a watch with a whacking great dial; not for me any fancy bells and whistles; not for me even digits.

No, this is a functional, simple, classic, well-proportioned, unostentatious and elegant watch. I love it.
22 comments26 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse