Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's MQ24-1E Black Resin Watch
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Periphery Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: Inquiries - by email|Change

on January 28, 2006
I whole heartedly agree with the other reviewer. This watch is great for many reasons. The price is right. Less than $10. Come on, anyone can afford it. It doesn't weigh a thing! I personally don't like heavy watches. This is the opposite of a 10 oz Rolex or other expensive watch. It actually looks nice. Kind of a "classic" design. Gold hands and accents on black. A sweep second hand and a simple adjustable wrist band. A very simple, no-frills watch. It is my casual weekend watch that I wear when I don't need to know what day it is.

It is all plastic. The bezel can be easily scratched. But, it's easy enough to just buy another one and replace it if that happens. I'm on my second one in 10 years and I also have a spare in reserve. Once you've bought more than one battery for this watch, you have already reached the purchase price.

I hope Casio never stops making this basic model. In fact, they should expand the line to include other colors, designs, etc.
0Comment| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2012
Fun cheap watch, but i'll tell ya this.. I have girl wrists and pretty small hands, and this watch still looks small on me.
review image
0Comment| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 20, 2015
At first, the MQ24-1E will appear to look like a joke watch--something a kid would wear. Some may even argue: "This is a woman's watch." It's small. This is true; make no mistake. And you may think, what self-respecting adult would ever wear something like this? I get that, truly. And again, the watch is fairly small (hence the 4 instead of 5 stars). But if you can get over the size of the watch (and I cannot stress this enough, this watch is TINY) it really, truly is a minimalist masterpiece. As a matter of fact, with each passing day, I can begin to see how a smaller-sized watch like this could enhance the appeal of something as minimal in design as this timepiece. It is black with gold accents and that's it, pretty much. No Indiglo. No Sapphire Crystal. No chronometer. Just simple, to-the-point, cheap and efficient and elegant. There really isn't much else say.

NB: Pictures of this product are, in my opinion, very important, as it really can come as something of a surprise (the size of this watch) to some people if they are uninformed. Attached, are four pictures of the watch to remedy this situation.
review image review image review image review image
on November 22, 2014
Wonderful woman's watch. I bought this watch for a woman and she loves it. Classy and high quality for the price.

Unless they have very dainty wrists or like to wear women's watches, most men will find this watch much too small.

Other reviewers have done an excellent job documenting the size. I especially appreciated the image next to a quarter for reference. I added some new images to the mix so you can see it compared to some other watches.
review image review image
33 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2005
How can you hold back?! You can have a stylish black faced analog (YES- ANALOG!) watch with gold details for less than $10!!! I love this watch, but then again, I love not spending a lot of money on a timepiece. Best of all, you can watch the confusion on your child's face when they ask you the time and you show them the clock. "Oh, it's not digital?" Yeah, baby... this is old skool! I would only recommend against this watch if you are uncertain about the hash marks. If that's the case, look at the next casio in the price list and for (I think) $0.50 more, you can have number on your watch face... Love it!
11 comment| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2014
Im not a watch person, or a top rated reviewer. But I have owned this watch for over a year now and I am stunned by something a lot of reviews seem not to talk about. The water resistance/proof of this watch! Now it may be a hit and miss, I dont know. But I can say my watch has been in COUNTLESS pools, hot tubs, showers, and shows no signs of fogging or slowing down. I even took it surfing yesterday with 6ft swells on the freezing oregon coast! Still looks as new as the day I bought it! When and if I ever manage to kill this one, I will be back buying another one without a second thought.
on December 14, 2011
Probably the best darn watch to be gotten for less than $10.00. I've a few expensive watches, but wanted a watch I'd be comfortable wearing on a daily basis without having to worry about damaging a delicate and expensive timepiece.

Verdict: Well, this watch just withstood a slobbering from my Golden Retriever. I guess that's as demanding a test as any. 5 stars!

***UPDATE****
I had previously given this watch 5 stars, but I am docking it one star. The watch is fine, but the crystal scratches just a bit too easily for my tastes. None of the scratches are major, or are even visible unless the watch is held at just the right angle under the right light. But they're still there, and that does annoy me just a bit.

Despite this, for $10.00, this is a cute little watch.
review image review image
on May 20, 2012
I bought this watch because I am like a bull in a china shop. I break watches like "Octomom" break's water. The thin profile should help me to be less damaging.
on February 26, 2015
I first bought one of these in the mid '80s, when it was $40 and minimum wage was $4. I've bought three more since then. I love the minimalist face, and the lack of bulk - I don't need the whole world to see that I have a WATCH, just something I can put on my wrist and tell time.

A few caveats:
It's smallish, so if you need to show off your watch, it's not the right one. You should probably get a big gold watch instead.
It's analog, and has no numbers, so you need to be able to read a clock without the numbers there for you. And be able to recognize if the writing on the face is upside down, as the current styling doesn't distinguish the 12 from the 6 unlike previous versions.
The face scratches; if you go rock-climbing, or work with sand a lot, it will become unreadable eventually.
The o-ring seal inside doesn't always go back into place nicely after you've changed the battery; this led to the untimely demise of one of mine. You can get replacement o-rings, but it's a pain.
The band is cheap plastic; it will eventually break and you'll need to buy a new band. This will happen far sooner than anything else will go wrong, unless you're very gentle with your watchband.
on December 4, 2014
VERY SMALL. Nice watch and looks exactly as it does in the photos but is not a typical large men's size. The face is about an inch small, so it looks more like a women's or children's watch than it does a men's. A bummer because its a simple and attractive watch at a great price.
review image