5.0 out of 5 stars Basic and perfect
Published on November 9, 2005 by J. Cherry

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than expected
I wanted to like it more but the plastic display (not glass) scratches easily but it does the job. .
Published 23 months ago by Rdon

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic and perfect, November 9, 2005
This is the perfect watch for you if you are on a budget. I like it, though I'm more into the flash of the Casio MQ241E. The upshot is that this is a watch for the people. There's no flash, no digital, no leather band, nothing but a simple watch. For the price, you honestly cannot beat it. The only way it could get better is if either someone gave you the watch as a gift, or you won it in the "claw of luck" game in the supermarket entryway. That's the ONLY way it gets better than this... A true gem...

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the men's watch-equivalent of the "little black dress"., June 30, 2006
Amazon Customer (San Antonio, TX USA) - See all my reviews
An almost perfect watch. Simple, accurate, easy to read, unobtrusively low profile (8mm thick), and light weight. It only does one thing, but it does it very well. And it looks great doing it.

I love these things. I'm on my third one--but I'm extremely hard on watches. Eventually, after a couple years, the watchband breaks and, considering the price, I buy a brand new watch with new battery, crystal, and strap for the price of a replacement watchband! There aren't too many bargains like this around.

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch., April 9, 2009
Ryan L. Vick (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-7B2 Analog Watch with Black Resin Band (Watch)
I love it! I had ~5 watches in my life. Primary reason is for surfing. I need to know when it's time to go to work, or when the parking meter will expire. This is the cheapest watch I ever owned, and also the best (ironic!). "water resist" isn't very clear... but I been surfing with it and no problems yet (couple weeks now). Originally I thought I needed 200m rating (30,50,100m are all inadequate) for surfing (water sports) based on my research on water resistance ratings. But that is FALSE!!! This watch works in the water (ocean!). The watch is light (not cumbersome) and the large face and numbers make it easy to tell the time (without squinting or looking closely). Has no light, but I don't need it. The white face makes for plenty visibility. I am so glad I didn't waste another $60 on another G-shock watch... $8.50 for this watch. Also another great thing: only 1 button. I hate many buttons (confusing/complicated watches). Also, no Alarm or StopWatch/Timer modes... just one mode: it tells me the time!!! I love it. Simplicity at its finest. Last thing: its quite slim, and light. The size/weight is perfect, in my opinion. Very un-obtrusive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great time keeper, December 15, 2005
Barun Ghosh (New York City,U.S.A) - See all my reviews
I love this watch so much so that I have even started to wear this one out to parties instead of the other expensive watches that I have.

Everyone of my friends who's seen me with this watch has imagined it to be somewhere around 30-40$ but its so cheap and therefore its a great deal.

Its water resisitant and I can manage to see the time even in a dark movie hall.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a nice watch., February 7, 2011
It keeps time; what more do you want? You've got a cell phone, so you're really only buying this to look cool and it looks cool. The face is a little smaller than it appears in the picture, but it's masculine none the less. I've received several compliments on it simplicity and stylings. I wish it had a calender, I wish it had a backlight, I wish it had a calculator, I wish it had GPS and could tell me when my scuba tank was empty but it was $10 bucks and it's 3:13pm. Good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice simple watch, April 6, 2008
I selected this watch since it looks pretty simple but elegant, and it is significantly cheap. This watch is considerably thin; its watchband is not made of leather, but of plastic (it may bother you after a while). The size of the watch itself is fine for me, but when I first saw it, it seemed smaller than what I expected. Its black color and finish make it look elegant and suitable to wear with anything in any setting. Also, it is water-resistant, although I did not test mine. The watchband is long enough to fit on my wrist, but I would have liked a longer one; then, in case you need a very long watchband, think twice before buying this watch.

All in all, a simple, but nice watch; very recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing but small!, October 29, 2014
Amazing to use every day! Very light! However it is very small!

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic is Best, December 30, 2010
I have a ton of watches, maybe 10 or 11, ranging in price from $30-$150. But which one will I reach for every day? The Casio MQ24. Why? Because it is by far the easiest to read, and it is perfect for my casual style. I'm a stay-at-home mom and I live by my watch. The kids have to be driven here, there, and everywhere and I cannot be late. At 11 bucks I won't weep if I smack it and somehow break it (though it seems indestructible!). Since it's water resistant I can give my kids baths without taking it off and leaving it in the bathroom, only to be discovered days later. It's light and comfortable, and it keeps perfect time. The battery is guaranteed for 15 years! My uniform is jeans, Uggs, a long-sleeved tee, and my Casio watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back in black., April 6, 2011
bread (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Great, good-looking watch for a microscopic price.

This watch is basic, durable, plain, and classic. This about as unassuming as it gets. White face, black numbers, 3 hands.

You'll find no gimmicky lights, altimeters, alternate times zones... you won't even find the date on this watch. You look down, you see the time... no more and no less.

This watch is very similar to the Swatch classic series watch, but for a fraction of the cost. If you don't care about brand recognition (and if you're looking at this bare-bones watch, you probably don't,) buy this. You won't regret it.

I've accidentally worn this watch in the ocean, shower, I've fallen down on it. It's still working, with only a tiny scratch on the face. After almost 2 years the battery finally died on mine. I'm happy to report that despite rumors to the contrary, you CAN replace the battery on this watch.

This watch is simple, devoid of pretense, classic, and gets the job done. If this is your style, scoop one up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, December 8, 2008
Yes, it looks cheap, and yeas the face is slightly smaller than the normal "bulky watch" these days. Honestly though if you're spending this little on a watch you can't be that fashion conscious. This is a great watch for me because I don't mind looking broke (muggers love guys who show off through their watch). It's easy to read, functional and comfortable The strap does not pull on arm hairs which has been a frequent problem for me in the past. I've taken this in and out of water and through the rain forest, and in below freezing temps, no complaints so far.