5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap McAwesomeWatch
This watch was cheap. And it's awesome.
Every time I look at it, it tells me the time.

Sometimes it sticks to my wrist. I think all watches do that though.
I keep mine on notch 5, or 4 if I'm feeling crazy.

If you're looking for a watch, this is the bee's knees.
I consider Casio the Volkswagen of watches. No reason aside from the...
Published on December 11, 2009 by Keith Montgomery

3.0 out of 5 stars Great looking design, but very fragile.
Published on December 10, 2011 by J. J. Eige

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap McAwesomeWatch, December 11, 2009
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-7E Black Casual Watch (Watch)
This watch was cheap. And it's awesome.
Every time I look at it, it tells me the time.

Sometimes it sticks to my wrist. I think all watches do that though.
I keep mine on notch 5, or 4 if I'm feeling crazy.

If you're looking for a watch, this is the bee's knees.
I consider Casio the Volkswagen of watches. No reason aside from the fact that I drive a Jetta, and also own this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Style and elegance, April 8, 2006
Jan Husdal (Molde, Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-7E Black Casual Watch (Watch)
I had a watch like this a couple of years back and it was my favourite watch, unfortunately I lost it, but I loved it so much that I just had to buy it again. I have to agree with the previous reviewer, this really IS "the most refined, well designed watch on the face of the planet", so elegant that you forget that it, after all, is a plastic watch, not a Rolex. So light that you wont notice it's there, and stylish enough to fit even the most expensive business attire. A classic for sure, and never mind that there aren't any numbers on the dial, or no date, or no alarm, or no backlight. I just love this watch, simply because it really is a statement of good taste, and no one will ever guess it coast you less than 10 dollars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Six part per million accuracy, January 18, 2009
Donald Scarl (Glen Cove, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-7E Black Casual Watch (Watch)
I have had this Casio watch for two days and have been comparing it to National Time Clock time from the National Institute of Science and Technology and the Naval Observatory. In two days it has not lost or gained a second, so its accuracy is 1/172800 (86400 seconds in a day). That is less than 6 parts per million, which makes it one of the most accurate watches available. My Bulova 98H51 holds 3 parts per million but costs about 12 times as much as the Casio.

At less than $10, the Casio is probably the world's best example of mass produced accuracy in any measuring device, especially one that works over a wide range of temperatures, positions, and accelerations. It is a magnificent achievement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best watch money can buy!, July 21, 2005
Ben Up the Tree "benupthetree" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-7E Black Casual Watch (Watch)
This is the most refined, well designed watch on the face of the planet. Sure there are those that think you have to pay hundreds of dollars for an elegant time piece, but let me assure you - you don't. This watch is, in effect, flawless and for less than $10 it is the best investment you will ever make in a timepiece. I just bought 6 for security! (but one was the all black model) Buy one today!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with the watch, November 2, 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-7E Black Casual Watch (Watch)
This is a basic watch, which is exactly what I was looking for. It keeps time pretty accurately. Sometimes, I carry it around in my pocket. Last night, I forgot it inside the pockets of my shorts and put the shorts in clothes washer. The watch survived a normal wash cycle in warm water wash followed by a normal dryer cycle (still inside the pockets). Any time, I forget a coin in the pockets, it invariably pops out in the wash cycle. The additional bulk of watch straps and lighter than coin weight, probably, kept it inside. It is still ticking and did not lose or gain any time during the wash and dry cycles. No signs of any water ingress in the watch. I am not going to tempt my luck again, but I figured, it deserves a review posting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, always classy., October 20, 2009
Patrick Tomas (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-7E Black Casual Watch (Watch)
This is seriously a great little watch. It looks timeless and works flawlessly. It looks great with everything. Looks even better with a suit. It's also kept time pretty well. I bought it because I look at my phone a lot for the time and I'm pretty much in the dark when it runs out of battery.

The plastic band isn't always the most comfortable thing and the face of my watch got scratched pretty easily. I had no idea what happened though. Would be nice if it had a date, but only a minor inconvenience because I've got my phone. (most of the time!)

Overall, if you're looking for a simple and cheap watch that looks good with anything and everything then I highly recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars the perfect watch (for me), December 9, 2010
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-7E Black Casual Watch (Watch)
There are a number of reasons I love this watch:

1. It's small and light. I don't like the feel of a heavy watch. Metal is too heavy; most sports watches are too bulky.

2. No allergic reactions. I get a light rash from many watches due to a mild allergic reaction to nickel (which apparently is pretty common). The backing on this watch is stainless steel and doesn't irritate at all.

3. Batteries are cheap and easily replaced. I've had this watch for a year and had to replace the battery once. The back pops off with a small screwdriver or pocket knife. I ordered a pack of 5 batteries for under 5 bucks, so I'm set for years to come.

4. It's inexpensive. I have a history of losing and breaking watches. I'm not out too much if this one gets lost or left in the hotel room. My 4-year-old son likes to play with it and I don't have to worry about what will happen with it.

5. It's durable! This is the first watch I've had that has lasted over a year. There are a few scratches on the face (my fault, obviously) but the wristband and other elements of the watch are in terrific condition.

Two notes on the watch: it is not waterproof, but it is water resistant. When you pop off the backing, you'll see a little rubber ring that keeps water out. Remember to keep the ring in place when you pop the backing on again. Secondly, it doesn't have any bells or whistles: no light, no glow, no alarm, no date. This is how the watch stays to light and sturdy (less stuff to break) but if you like that sort of thing you'll want to look elsewhere. Otherwise, buy five or six of these watches for yourself and you'll be set for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, June 20, 2009
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-7E Black Casual Watch (Watch)
This watch is a simple, no-pomp, accurate time-piece. You can get fancier, but you can't get better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great looking design, but very fragile., December 10, 2011
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-7E Black Casual Watch (Watch)
I really like the looks of this watch, and at $10 the price is amazing. It kept very good time. But this is the second time I have bought one of this model and they both have broken after a few months. It is supposed to be water resistant, but the case cracked near where the back snaps on, letting the case open slightly and kill the watch when a little water crept in.

I bought this model for active sports, to be light weight and easily cleaned. But the previous watch broke at the band attachment, not repairably. The material there is a thin and apparently weak plastic, not metal. So the watch is nice and light-weight, but at the expense of durability. And the directions also warned that it does like exposure to sun screens, which is limiting. CORRECTION: The last sentence is supposed to read "does NOT like exposure to sun screens".

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, January 18, 2008
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-7E Black Casual Watch (Watch)
This is a solid watch that preforms well. It is elegant and not an overstated hulk of plastic. Quietly ticks away and will continue doing so for a very long time. For this price there is really not much of a reason to not purchase one.

Casio Men's MQ24-7E Black Casual Watch