5.0 out of 5 stars Good value
Published on April 26, 2010 by T. Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Sharp Watch!
I love the look of this watch. I needed $6.00 more for a free shipping offer and I picked this watch.
Two things:
This watch is much smaller in diameter than it looks on the Amazon pages.
The entire watch is 35mm in diameter compared to 40-50mm in most watches.
Published on August 26, 2009 by Vaughn Seavey

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, April 26, 2010
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-9B Classic Analog Watch (Watch)
I was looking for a reliable yet inexpensive watch. I settled on the 3 Casio watches that look like this and chose this one of the three. There's the white faced, the black faced, and this one is the yellow faced w/24 hour numbering. (some pictures of this are over exposed. The face is what I'd call a yellowish wheat color. Quite nice.) All three likely have the same internal mechanism. My watch was unexpectedly light in weight which is a huge bonus in my book.

The band was cheap as hell, but I chose the "Watch Band Genuine Leather 16mm Black Classical Vegetable oil treated durable double stitched and padded with gold plated buckle" sold by Watchmaterial here on Amazon. Now I have a nice watch that looks like $1-200 bucks, and I'm out $20.

So, buy one of these el cheapo Casio watches, buy a 16mm (width) watch band to replace the really cheap band Casio sells with these, and you'll look like $1-200 also. Plus, if you damage it or drop it in the toilet, just spend another $10. I'm considering buying the black one next. I might like that better. My educated guess is that I'll get 5 years out of this one and will likely retire it when the cheap crystal gets too scratched.

I give this product Three Thumbs Up!!!

3-14-12 -- Edit to add:

This watch keeps virtually perfect time. Only my cell phone, ipod, and my computer, which are all synched constantly, do a better job. It's within seconds of the computer time when I adjust it twice a year for the time changes. The "crystal" is becoming moderately scratched so I thought I'd buy another watch. Quite likely yours will suffer premature battery failure as mine did, but it's pretty inexpensive to buy 2 watch batteries on Amazon for a couple of bucks. When I buy my second watch I'll probably just put that second fresh battery in it and it should be good for 3+ years.

Good deal? You bet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Sharp Watch!, August 26, 2009
Two things:
This watch is much smaller in diameter than it looks on the Amazon pages.
The entire watch is 35mm in diameter compared to 40-50mm in most watches.
Second, the watch arrived with a dead battery. Was not working. I purchased a battery, installed it and it's working fine.

Just my observations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for nurses/nursing students, October 17, 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-9B Classic Analog Watch (Watch)
I needed a water-resistant watch for nursing school, since we have to wash our hands a lot. All the cheap ones I found in stores were huge and clunky and uncomfortable to wear. This one is flat and comfy, I don't even notice when I'm wearing it. I normally don't wear watches or bracelets or any sort of accessories, so it's nice to have something on my arm that isn't annoying me all day. The fact that it has military time is also useful for nursing.

1.0 out of 5 stars It arrived with a dead battery., July 1, 2011
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-9B Classic Analog Watch (Watch)
I opened the box when it arrived and discovered the battery was dead. I called their technical department and learned there was no easy fix. The technician wanted to connect me with the replacement parts department. I decided to send it back. For $10.00 I didn't expect much. I got what I expected. I had hoped it would work at least until I got my regular watch to the shop for a new battery.

ps... the technical department telephone number in their brochure is wrong.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a small watch, October 29, 2011
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-9B Classic Analog Watch (Watch)
The watch does what it is asked and nothing more. If you are looking for a watch with a second-hand as I was, it does the trick. However, the watch is very thin and smaller than I expected. Doesn't look right on my arm as a 6 foot 200 pound guy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Eureka!, August 7, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-9B Classic Analog Watch (Watch)
I finally found it! What has to be the cheapest, flimsiest watch band ever known to western man! That being said, you'll note I still gave this watch 3 stars. It is what it is, as the cliche' goes. For an $8.95 watch, this fits the bill as a work in the yard/garage knock around watch. It is water resistant (which means oil resistant) and in spite of the smaller than expected face, it is readable and has a pleasant "wheat" color to it dial.

Right out of the box, I saw the good and bad in this inexpensive timepiece and immediately ordered a cheap "Swiss Type" nylon and pleather 16mm band (from Amazon, of course). So, for $20 I have a custom watch which I think will take a reasonable beating thus saving wear and tear on my better watches. It has a plastic crystal, is super lightweight and likely will not become a family heirloom. But, it fills a need and looks decent with the addition of the better watchband.

If, like me, you are a person who feels lost without a watch and need an inexpensive beater, this will fit the bill. But, I cannot emphasize enough how cheesy and cheap the band is. It takes a 16mm and if you order this watch, consider picking out a $10 band to go with it. You will the have $20-ish invested, so when shopping for comparable watches keep that price point in mind. Or, if a super thin and lightweight plastic band is what you want, $8.95 on Amazon will get you into this watch, ready to wear.

I hope this review is of help to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for utility and value., October 28, 2011
R Clarke "Rob" (Miami Beach, FLA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-9B Classic Analog Watch (Watch)
If you travel away from the 12-hour system to the 24-hour military time system, then this watch is great, having both on the dial. I have used these for almost 10 years. I get over one year with a single battery, and then maybe another year before the water seal is shot and moisture migrates inside. No fear, cheap and disposable. I figure I still have spent far less than most for a timepiece over a decade. And I have no feat of misplacing it or having someone else want it. A quartz movement, it is invariable accurate until it just stops after getting the most value from an under USD$15 watch. The matte finish plastic band is especially comfortable without sticking to the flesh. You can wipe it clean instantly as opposed to the skin oils and grime which build up on metal and leather bands.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great inexpensive watch, March 26, 2009
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-9B Classic Analog Watch (Watch)
Love the military time dial. I have several inexpensive Casios for everyday wear. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars International watch keeps going and going and going, June 7, 2008
R Clarke "Rob" (Miami Beach, FLA, USA) - See all my reviews
These "24-hour time" watches never want to quit. I have two of them (I misplace my watches), one five years old and one three years old. After about three years I have to replace the battery, a simple project. On the older watch, the resin strap broke recently and a commonly available replacement works like new. This a great watch, keeps perfect time, looks good, and I can remember what time it is when someone says overseas, "I will see you at 15:30."

5.0 out of 5 stars Only watch with a "24-hour" face for under $400, October 23, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's MQ24-9B Classic Analog Watch (Watch)
This was the only watch that I could find with a 24-hour face for under $400. Albeit, it's not a true 24-hour watch, but it still works for my purposes.

As other reviewers have stated, the band that came with it was extremely poor quality. I replaced it with a leather band purchased from a popular online auction site, and it's a fine looking watch now.

Seems to keep reasonable time; I've had it for a couple of months now and haven't had to adjust the time at all.

Casio Men's MQ24-9B Classic Analog Watch