Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's MQ24-9B Classic Analog Watch
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on April 26, 2010
I was looking for a reliable yet inexpensive watch. I settled on the 3 Casio watches that look like this and chose this one of the three. There's the white faced, the black faced, and this one is the yellow faced w/24 hour numbering. (some pictures of this are over exposed. The face is what I'd call a yellowish wheat color. Quite nice.) All three likely have the same internal mechanism. My watch was unexpectedly light in weight which is a huge bonus in my book.

The band was cheap as hell, but I chose the "Watch Band Genuine Leather 16mm Black Classical Vegetable oil treated durable double stitched and padded with gold plated buckle" sold by Watchmaterial here on Amazon. Now I have a nice watch that looks like $1-200 bucks, and I'm out $20.

So, buy one of these el cheapo Casio watches, buy a 16mm (width) watch band to replace the really cheap band Casio sells with these, and you'll look like $1-200 also. Plus, if you damage it or drop it in the toilet, just spend another $10. I'm considering buying the black one next. I might like that better. My educated guess is that I'll get 5 years out of this one and will likely retire it when the cheap crystal gets too scratched.

I give this product Three Thumbs Up!!!

3-14-12 -- Edit to add:

This watch keeps virtually perfect time. Only my cell phone, ipod, and my computer, which are all synched constantly, do a better job. It's within seconds of the computer time when I adjust it twice a year for the time changes. The "crystal" is becoming moderately scratched so I thought I'd buy another watch. Quite likely yours will suffer premature battery failure as mine did, but it's pretty inexpensive to buy 2 watch batteries on Amazon for a couple of bucks. When I buy my second watch I'll probably just put that second fresh battery in it and it should be good for 3+ years.

Good deal? You bet.
88 comments|41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2009
I love the look of this watch. I needed $6.00 more for a free shipping offer and I picked this watch.
Two things:
This watch is much smaller in diameter than it looks on the Amazon pages.
The entire watch is 35mm in diameter compared to 40-50mm in most watches.
Second, the watch arrived with a dead battery. Was not working. I purchased a battery, installed it and it's working fine.

Just my observations.
on October 17, 2012
I needed a water-resistant watch for nursing school, since we have to wash our hands a lot. All the cheap ones I found in stores were huge and clunky and uncomfortable to wear. This one is flat and comfy, I don't even notice when I'm wearing it. I normally don't wear watches or bracelets or any sort of accessories, so it's nice to have something on my arm that isn't annoying me all day. The fact that it has military time is also useful for nursing.
on August 7, 2013
I finally found it! What has to be the cheapest, flimsiest watch band ever known to western man! That being said, you'll note I still gave this watch 3 stars. It is what it is, as the cliche' goes. For an $8.95 watch, this fits the bill as a work in the yard/garage knock around watch. It is water resistant (which means oil resistant) and in spite of the smaller than expected face, it is readable and has a pleasant "wheat" color to it dial.

Right out of the box, I saw the good and bad in this inexpensive timepiece and immediately ordered a cheap "Swiss Type" nylon and pleather 16mm band (from Amazon, of course). So, for $20 I have a custom watch which I think will take a reasonable beating thus saving wear and tear on my better watches. It has a plastic crystal, is super lightweight and likely will not become a family heirloom. But, it fills a need and looks decent with the addition of the better watchband.

If, like me, you are a person who feels lost without a watch and need an inexpensive beater, this will fit the bill. But, I cannot emphasize enough how cheesy and cheap the band is. It takes a 16mm and if you order this watch, consider picking out a $10 band to go with it. You will the have $20-ish invested, so when shopping for comparable watches keep that price point in mind. Or, if a super thin and lightweight plastic band is what you want, $8.95 on Amazon will get you into this watch, ready to wear.

I hope this review is of help to you.
on October 28, 2011
If you travel away from the 12-hour system to the 24-hour military time system, then this watch is great, having both on the dial. I have used these for almost 10 years. I get over one year with a single battery, and then maybe another year before the water seal is shot and moisture migrates inside. No fear, cheap and disposable. I figure I still have spent far less than most for a timepiece over a decade. And I have no feat of misplacing it or having someone else want it. A quartz movement, it is invariable accurate until it just stops after getting the most value from an under USD$15 watch. The matte finish plastic band is especially comfortable without sticking to the flesh. You can wipe it clean instantly as opposed to the skin oils and grime which build up on metal and leather bands.
on October 23, 2013
This was the only watch that I could find with a 24-hour face for under $400. Albeit, it's not a true 24-hour watch, but it still works for my purposes.

As other reviewers have stated, the band that came with it was extremely poor quality. I replaced it with a leather band purchased from a popular online auction site, and it's a fine looking watch now.

Seems to keep reasonable time; I've had it for a couple of months now and haven't had to adjust the time at all.
on May 8, 2015
It's not a very advanced watch, but it looks nice. The case is fairly slim for a cheap watch (about 8mm, including the lens and the bulge in the case back) and it has a simple classy design. It's about the same size as men's watches used to be before everything had to be large and extreme (which I like sometimes, just not always), which also makes it an OK option for women who don't want the super-dainty "women's" watches. Being all plastic, it's super lightweight and you barely know it's there.

This watch pauses the second hand when you set the time, so you can wait for your reference time source to reach the same exact time before you press the crown back in and run. Some cheap watches don't, so you can never synch up exactly. Sure it's going to be off by 30 seconds in a month anyway, but it's nice to have the option.

Casio makes this series with about 10 different face designs, so you can get the style you want. I like this soft yellow face with 24-hour marks.

Not so good is the strap. The buckle is plastic, so it can break if snagged on a door latch for example. "Resin" bands tend to get brittle and split over time.

Another drawback is setting the time. It's the sort of cheap movement which wiggles back and forth a bit, so you might have to try 2 or 3 times to set it perfectly.

There's no date, but any watch close to this price won't adjust for the days-per-month anyway, so I'd rather skip it than fiddle with the date setting at the end of the month. I can look at my phone or computer for the date when I need to. Watches are now mainly for checking the time while you are running about, not running your business.

A slightly more durable option in a small and lightweight watch is the Timex T18581 camper. More of an old style military design. It has a very finely woven nylon band, which lasted me forever, and a metal buckle. The only drawback to that watch is that it, like most basic Timex models, is VERY loud. That brings me back to another good feature of the Casio. It's much quieter than the Timex or a Swatch which is also infamously loud. The Casio is also half the price, and the whole thing can be replaced for only slightly more than the cost of buying a new band for other watches.
on August 2, 2015
For the money, it's really hard to beat Casio watches. I now own several, including this one, which I bought mostly because I liked the unusual, yellow-colored watch face. Actually, it looks more like antique white to me, which matches nicely with the clean numbers on the face, combining to give a pleasant, subtly vintage look to the watch. The case measures approximately 1 7/16" across at the crown, which makes it just a bit smaller than I like, but this is in no way a fault of the watch; if you prefer watches with smaller cases, this will work perfectly for you.

I also noticed that the band seemed a bit small. It barely fit my wrist, and I'm an average-size guy at 6'tall and 175lbs. I suspect it was sized for smaller people, and would work equally well for men as for women.

The watch keeps excellent time, as is usual for Casio watches, and the dial is clean and uncluttered, with not even a date window to complicate things. The overall weight is extremely light, being made largely of plastic, though I have not found this to compromise toughness or durability on Casio watches in the past. They just plain work, and work well.

For the very modest price - around $10 - it's very hard to beat these watches, as long as they fit your wrist.
on January 11, 2016
This watch is simple but beautifully designed -- the off-white coloring adds a little personality to an otherwise basic watch.

I've been buying the all-white MQ24 for a few years now but this is my new go-to. I love this watch.
on July 30, 2013
This watch was extremely small, especially to have the description "Men's Watch." It might fit a man with EXTREMELY small wrists, and superior eye-sight. Very thin, too. Not what I expected. What do you expect for a watch under $10...