on August 2, 2007
I bought this from Amazon for $22, and it is a great deal. Here is what you get from this watch for a beer budget:

1. Quartz clock accuracy (+/- 20 sec per month, probably one standard-deviation, so yours is likely to be more accurate than that).

2. Anti-scratch mineral crystal watch surface. I accidentally bumped it against a steel nail, and the glass did not scratch.

3. Stainless steel case and screw-in back cover -- should be water-proof for many years even after battery change (as opposed to a press-and-pop-in back cover that loses its water-tightness after opening).

4. Stainless steel band with secure push button clasp should last a few years longer than leather or plastic bands which require constant replacing. I soaked the watch in water on the first day, and it has not rusted after two weeks -- stainless as advertised.

5. A good looking watch with quality workmanship -- smooth and shiney crystal glass with perfectly machined shiney stainless steel surfaces on the case and band. You would think that the watch costs $80 ~ $100.

The only thing missing from my wish list is the luminating hands and hour-markings. You will not be able to read the watch in the dark. But for 20 bucks, I'll live with it.
on October 11, 2007
i bought this watch 4 years ago and it to this day is still going on the same battery and with few nicks and scratches and that is only on the band itself. this watch is a durable peice and is not a waste of money.
on March 8, 2004
I got my Casio watch for school to help me know what time I had in between classes. It works great!!!!! The battery has run for about 7 months and I should get more time still. It works in the pool and has never had water in it like other watches I have purchased! It is a GREAT watch to have even for kids. The face is small but with a mirror like circle around it. The date is great and is easy to set. The only problem I had was when I first got it, I had it set in A.M. when it was really P.M. The date would be wrong, but I eventually fixed it and have had no problems ever since! I got mine from Target for $29.99: the same price here at Amazon. It is an awesome poduct!
on September 5, 2011
It was a difficult selection from the complex Casio range. My long time Casio digital-analog that I'm retiring was lightweight, thin - 15mm bracelet, 8mm thick and nicely simple to set. Now everything tends be huge, heavy, clunky and thick. I expect I'll become accustomed because the replacement with ten year battery has several good features, very visible digital display, readily programmable (but far more options than I'll ever use). The major snag to date is reducing the bracelet, I need to take two links out and notwithstanding instructions on the web with illustrations I can't handle the task, this means a trip to a jewelers. Nevertheless this watch was delivered rapidly, safely via Amazon; it looks great and seems to meet all the specs. as advertised.
on January 19, 2011
I was looking for a watch, but I was looking for a very particular watch. I wanted a metal watch, so as to appear more professional - but that watch had to be tough enough for regular use. And it could not be any normal metal watch either, it had to be shiny but subtle enough to avoid gaudiness. As usual, I turned to Amazon. I was about to give up, when I stumbled upon this beautiful piece of work. It was gorgeous, and the deep metallic blue of the face against the almost white metal caught my eye immediately - so I purchased it. All I can say is, what you see is what you get - and fortunately, what you see is gorgeous.
The watch arrived right on time, and I was shocked by what I pulled from the box. It was as beautiful as the picture showed, and without a scratch. There are many things I like about this watch (which I happen to be wearing at this moment). First, the edge around the crystal face is chrome-like, giving the appearance of something on par with, say, a Rolex. The deep metallic blue of the face is absolutely stunning, and gives an air of formality and professionalism. After having a watchmaker remove a couple of links (which in this case, was quite inexpensive), the timepiece fit snugly on my wrist, leaving just enough room for my skin to breath. My first day at work wearing it, I recieved several compliments. All in all, this a wonderful watch with an equally wonderful price tag - $30.00. Many people were guessing the retail value at at least $100.00.
This watch has many things going in it's favor, but it is not without it's detractors. I will proceed to list them below.
Pros:
-Brilliant, but not gaudy - a nice balance of the subtle and the flashy.
-Face is a nice deep metalic blue, which gives an air of formality.
-Scratch-resistant clock face. Apart from being quite bright, it can withstand a lot (as one reviewer proved).
-Fits pretty well, with some tinkering.
-The clasp is quite firm, only opening when the owner does so themselves.
Cons:
-Like all metal watches, the metal links can pull hair when the watch is adjusted.
-If you plan on buying a watch and doing activities that produce a lot of sweating, this probably isn't for you. If nothing else, buy a sport watch as well, as the stainless steel back will begin to feel very uncomfortable after a while.
-While the hands and the strips of silver metal that mark the minutes/hours are certainly dazzling, the face has no light-up feature like an Indiglo watch might have. In other words, you cannot read the time in the dark.
In conclusion, this really is a nice watch. It has all the qualities and reliability of a much more expensive watch, without the monstrous price tag. It is bright, but nowhere near excessive. This watch is great for formal meeting and business purposes, but is equally well-suited to normal wear - say hanging out with friends, or going out to lunch. I would highly reccomend this watch to anyone. And with the small price, why not buy one for a friend, also?
on December 8, 2008
That may seem like a bit much over an inexpensive Casio watch but I really do like this watch a lot.

I had broken my old watch a couple of years ago and a local national chain of discount department stores was having a watch sale. So I dropped by and of all the watches they had, this one jumped out at me. It's mineral crystal is beautiful and the deep blue watch face is extremely attractive.

So for $25.00, I walked out with a new watch. It's very well made, heavy duty with a nice wide easy on bracelet style band. It is minimalist as far as features. There is no night light or night dial so you won't be able to see the time in the dark unless you have a key chain flashlight, which I just happen to have so that's not a problem. And it is water resistant down to 300' which I can attest to since it's gotten wet or completely submerged numerous times.

One of the stylish features is a ring around the crystal which when under lights, throws refracted light in hundreds of different directions, giving a jeweled affect, which makes it look more like a jeweled Rolex than a Casio.

So if you are looking for a nice but inexpensive gift for your husband, or just need a good watch for work, this is one to consider. In fact, now that I've found it here, I'll be ordering another one as a backup replacement for the one I have, which unfortunately, I just hit very hard and gouged the bezel deeply.

I am so glad I found this watch again on Amazon.com!
on December 23, 2012
I chose this watch due to the shine and bright blue color. I got this watch for my son. I was not at all pleased with the appearance. Very dull looking. It just doesn't look like the picture.
on June 8, 2011
Caution: If you've been reading my other recent watch reviews, this watch is NOT one of my recent purchases; it stands by itself.

I decided to look for an inexpensive dress watch before interviewing for some internal positions at my company. Finding the Casio MTP3036 was a good choice.

For me, this watch was not a "practical" watch; it was purely for looks, with the outside benefit of being able to tell the time. I'll get to that later to explain. For brevity, I'll refer to this watch as "the 3036".

The 3036 is a NICE looking watch. Until Joe eagle-eyes reviews the stainless steel case or reads the watch face and notices "CASIO/QUARTZ", lots of people have told me (after I mentioned it first) that they thought it was a more expensive watch. The brushed silver case and pretty blue face look really nice; it has a refined, elegant, classic look to it, and a simple date display. The looks of the band are also simple and unobtrusive, and after a year of use I can't see any damage or discoloration. However, I can say that the crystal has some light etching or spots; I haven't tried heavy-duty cleaning, but they are visible to me. Luckily, the crystal face has no scratches, so +1 there.

Features are standard and unexciting. As I noted above, this watch was purchased primarily to make a mild impression in a business setting without breaking my wallet. For readability, I highly prefer a white face, analog, Arabic numerals, and glowing hands. While there is nothing about the 3036 that makes it difficult to read, the blue face was purely for looks, and it does a nice job. It is no exaggeration that several coworkers have commented, "what a nice watch!", and I had to modestly admit it was under $25.

I noticed in another review that someone said this model has a screw-off back. I don't see any screws, and those studs on the front of the case are NOT covers. If it is indeed friction-fit like it appears, too bad. Replacing the battery if/when necessary will probably be a job for a jeweler, because I've broken more than one watch with a tight, friction-fit back.

One of the features that I will not pick on too terribly is the comfort and fit of the band. I dislike the watch's overall weight, and I had a DEVIL of a time removing links to help it fit my wrist (find instructions online, and don't blame me....). Fortunately, the clasp has three adjustment holes for the right fit. I can also compliment the clasp for having a lock-shut feature; I cannot pop off this watch without depressing the clasp release. I've owned a few bracelet watches that popped off incessantly, and this one is a HAPPY exception; it NEVER pops off.

All of this said--I admitted that I bought this watch for looks and not practical reasons. I accept responsibilty for that decision, and wear it to my office conscious of the 3036's compromises. It still looks great, keeps good time, and cost less than dinner for two with a tip.

Oh, did I mention I got the job? :)
on October 10, 2012
Pros:
It looks like a much more expensive watch
It is very durable
Surprisingly, it rarely pulls my arm hair
It keeps time
It's face is not too large as seems to be the current fashion

Cons:
It is a much darker shade of blue than in the description and listing. After opening the box, I thought I was shipped the wrong watch until I saw it in the light.
It will more than likely require a trip to the jeweler to remove 1-3 links. It's possible to do it yourself, and instructions are available on the internet, but it is quite a bit quicker and easier to have a professional do it.

I'm happy with it, and I have received several compliments on it. The blue color is much more apparent in daylight, and I have had three strangers compliment me over it since I bought it.
on January 20, 2011
I got this watch for my boyfriend since he refused to wear his [...] dollar watch because he didn't want to scratch it. I got this watch based on the other positive reviews and so he could have a serviceable watch he would not care if he scratched. The appearance of this watch impressed both of us a lot. It definitely looks like a high quality and tasteful watch, and I would have paid up to [...] bucks for it if I had seen it in a store. In fact, IMHO, it looked better than the [...] dollar watch (it was a swatch). It is not big on the details - I'm sure watch collectors will sniff at the "smoothness" of the metal casing and the accuracy of the watch - but it fulfilled our shallower needs! I love the deep blue color of the face and the balance between the time markers and the backgrounds (I hate it when the markers take over the whole look of the watch).

It is very substantial-looking and feeling. Definitely a "guy" watch in all ways. The watch does weight quite a bit, though my boyfriend assures me that he doesn't mind. Adjusting the wristband was a challenge (my boyfriend looked up instructions online), but since you only need to do it once, I think it's still worth it. He has had it a month and it has no visible scratches on it. I don't know whether it is because it is somewhat scratch proof or if my boyfriend is just taking good care of it! There have been no other problems with it and hopefully it will last a number of years.