Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 4, 2009
I bought mine in Walmart 4 years ago. I just loved the design. Very balanced, reach blue color of dial, no tacky extras. Exactly what I wanted. I was surprised how low the price of the watch was.

Bracelet. After 4 years the stainless steel bracelet still looks really great.

Case. The watch case is made out of stainless steel. It is made out of another metal (like brass) covered by a layer of what looks like stainless steel. But I discovered this ONLY after 3 years of daily use! The upper layer was worn out in few places, mostly at the bottom edges. Not very visible though.

Glass. For four years the glass picked up absolutely no scratches! Even though I have hit it few times.

Battery. I changed the battery after 3 years. I do not know why this happened, maybe it was on sale too long. Anyway Walmart did that for free, I just payed for a new battery. This might be my watch only.

It goes with everything, either t-shirt or jacket. I am glad I found it on Amazon and I am going to buy another one. I recently bought Citizen Men's Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Perpetual Calendar Watch #BL8000-54L" for more then $300. I looks really good, but I still gladly use my old Casio for every day. If it picks up stretches in few years, I really do not care. I can always buy a new one for less then $30! $10/year - sounds like a great deal for me.

Even though the case does not last long, I am still giving 5 stars because at this price it is really not a problem.

Updated August 2009: just bought from Amazon to replace my old ones. Very happy! I had a little problem adjusting the bracelet. Until I googled it and found many detailed pictures and videos. It was easy.
44 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 1, 2012
Overall, it's a nice watch but, the one I received has some scratches in the back, it seems that it was done when they try to replace the battery, that why I took two stars.It seems also working well for now.
review image
on August 25, 2010
I purchased this watch on a deal-a-day site about 6 months ago and wear it several times a week. It is a great watch. It looks good and at 40 mm, the case doesn't look too big on my smaller wrist. It's nice enough to wear for a dressier occasion, but rugged enough to wear on a day to day basis. It would have been nice to have a light or luminous hands or dial to read in the dark, but at the price I payed, I can't complain.
on October 25, 2010
This is a great watch. The only problem is My battery quit after 3 years even though it has the 10 year battery statement, other than that it is well worth the money.
on August 22, 2010
I have one of this three years ago and I am very happy with it. The bracelet maintains its color. I bought on Oct. 2008

Here again (15-abr-13)
I am still happy with my watch, five years ago that I bought it and it is working like the first day!

14-Jun-15
I have almost seven years with this watch, and It's working fine, using the original battery.

22 Jan 2016
After almost 8 years of use, the battery died, the watch says 10 years. In summary I think it is a good product and I recomend it.
review image
on April 20, 2012
3.5 stars
In my mind this watch resembles a Seiko, but at $25 I can wear it for work (which is its intended purpose).

The details are a little cheap-looking, but I was not expecting much... knocked it down a star for a few unnecessary details that I would like see eliminated (e.g., "10 yr. battery" written on face, and faux rivets on edge). From a distance it looks nice though.

I have about a 7" wrist, and this is the smallest face/band that I would want to wear. I prefer I larger face and band which is why I knocked it down another 1/2 star.

The watch claims a ten years battery. If the battery lasts 2 years I will be happy with this purchase.

Update:
Sep. 09, 2013 - still working.

Update:
March 2014 - takes a lick in' keeps on tick in'. Still working well. Would recommend. Bumped up half star for reliability.

Update:
Dec. 2014- abused daily at work. Still going!

Update:
April 2015:
Watch still running strong, but pin on band just broke and band fell off wrist. not bad for $25 watch, but time to replace now.
on October 16, 2012
came really quick, but the band was really big i had to take three links out and it looked good in the picture but it feels and looks very cheap, but for twenty bucks what can i except. it runs slow constantly resetting the time...bottom line i wouldnt recomend it
on December 2, 2015
I like to get a new, inexpensive watch every now and then, just to have something new and different to wear. So, over the years I have owned quite a few wrist watches. For what I paid for it, this Casio is about the best yet--it is very attractive (in my opinion) and if it is not closely scrutinized, it looks to be a lot more expensive than it is. The watch itself is excellent. Now.....about the band. The band is really big. Your wrist would have to be about the size of your ankle to match the size of the band. Okay, so the band needs to be adjusted. So what? So this--the band is fiendishly difficult to work with! Remember, I said I have owned lots of different watches and none of them, not ONE of them, was nearly, not-anywhere-close to being as hard to deal with as this one. I found a brief video on YouTube that gave me enough info to get started, but by the time I was done improvising, my desk was covered with tools of all sorts, including, mind you, a hammer. Wrapping this up, let me say that I finally accomplished the chore, the band fits well, and I am very pleased with my new Casio. If you aren't somewhat skilled in the used of small hand tools, and don't know someone who is, it is possible that you will have to take this to a jewelry/watch store for help. And there goes your savings. I cannot understand how a company that makes as many watches as Casio can justify using such crazy-ridiculous bands as these. User-friendly they ain't. User-unfriendly for sure.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 12, 2013
The stainless steel color bezel is 41mm in diameter but it highlights the metallic blue face quite nicely giving the watch a much bigger look.

SEE MY PHOTOS IN CUSTOMER IMAGES

According to Casio, this watch is powered by a 10 year battery. I'll update this review if things go awry.

PROS:

Metallic blue dial is an eye catcher - this watch is very affordably priced. Still, it never sits on my hand without being noticed!

The mineral glass is slightly lower than the stainless steel bezel reducing the possibility of scratches

Easy to read Date display at the 3 o'clock position

The stainless steel wrist band is comfortably lightweight and appears well built

The watch band clasp has a double push safety so keep the watch secure on your hands

Water resistant to 165 feet (50M) - according to Casio, 'it's suitable for wearing around sinks, during swimming, athletic sports in shallow water but not while snorkeling or scuba diving'

The small screw down crown is easy to manipulate. At the three o' clock position, the crown never presses into my wrist when I move my hands upwards

CONS:

This watch has no unidirectional bezel. I agree, this is no dive watch, but I actually use watch bezels as countdown timers!

This 50M water resistant Casio quartz movement watch is a very accurate timepiece. Powered by a ten year battery, this affordably priced watch with eye catching metallic blue dial is a great buy. Definitely 5 STARS!

Check around before you buy this Model MTP3050D-2AV Casio Men's Classic Analog Dress Watch - the price varies on Amazon.

Hope my review and photos were helpful ...

Jeffrey A. (Jeff)
review image review image review image
on February 7, 2013
I was happy to find that I could replace the Casio Classic that I bought five or six years ago and lost with the exact same model. My old one kept excellent time, showed little wear after five or six years, and still looked almost new after daily use right up to the day I lost it. The replacement promises the same great performance and durability.

I withhold one star from the rating because the watch is difficult to read in dim light due to the color of the face, and also because it's a bit tricky to reset the date five times a year when the month has fewer than 31 days.