5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch just to be geeky / nerdy
Its a great watch. I like the size and the huge display, and the strap is comfortable to wear. The time keeping portion functionality reminds me of the Casio G-Shock GD100. :)

+ Big numbers on the...
Published 24 months ago by DL

3.0 out of 5 stars nice enough
Cheap feel to the watch but what did I expect for the price. Not as retro looking as i had thought. I will stick with gshock which have been limited in style lately.
Published on January 11, 2013 by Sonal Parikh

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch just to be geeky / nerdy, January 30, 2013
DL "on Amazon" (Long Beach, CA United States) - See all my reviews

+ the analog clock shows current home time in all modes
+ Big numbers on the display
+ bright LED can be set to 3 seconds illumination
+ easy to use buttons
+ 10 years battery is a major plus

What I don't like about it:
- buttons too easy to press sometimes (result in accidental changing timezone display in the current time mode)
- no snooze alarm
- I am sure I will scratch up the display soon because its large and relatively unprotected
- though the strap is comfortable, I wished that its 1mm to 2mm wider to match the big case.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Casios. I need to stop buying them... seriously., April 16, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's AE1200WH-1A World Time Watch (Watch)
This is probably my 12th Casio watch I have purchased over the last 10 years or so. For the price they are selling it on Amazon, it is a GREAT deal. I couldn't turn down the retro styling for the price. It's made of a completely plastic construction with a stainless steel back, like virtually all of Casio's watches in this price range. The face is a little larger than I thought it would be. Nice size overall. It's relatively easy to set and cycle through the functions and time zones. The time display characters are large and super easy to read. Very good viewing angles. The backlight is a yellow-orange LED, which Casio uses on their lower-end watches, but it does the job just fine. The clear plastic on the watch face is beveled and has a nice glass-like effect when looking at the watch from an angle. The wrist strap is very long, a little longer than most Casios in this range, so those with larger wrists would do really well with this watch. Great deal and another solid product from Casio.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice world time watch, February 27, 2014
This review is from: Casio Men's AE1200WH-1A World Time Watch (Watch)
I give this watch only 4 stars because it does not display the year, and in world time mode, it does not display the day of the week (Tuesday, whatever), and the "analog" time display in the little circle is virtually unreadable. I got it mainly to have a reliable world time watch, in case I travel. (I was using a Casio atomic watch for this, but is has an unfortunate habit of automatically resetting itself to 01/01/05, which makes it basically unreliable when on the other side of the world.) I like that this watch displays day of the week, month, and day in the home city display. It's also nice that it shows month and day in the world time displays, except for the T2, T3, and T4 displays, which I will never use for that very reason. If I was redesigning it for myself, I'd get rid of the unreadable circle display. And the map could go, too, tho it's kinda cute. I gotta admit tho that the two of them together, along with the digital time display, sure do look technical. If you got rid of the circle, you'd have plenty of room to display the year and whether it was Tuesday. I have no idea if the alarms and timers are any good because I never use them. All in all, aside from minor quibbles, it seems to be a very good watch. I've set it up so that with one press of the C button I can get Beijing time and date, and with a few more presses of the C button I can return to my home city time and date. Nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet watch!, January 27, 2013
Jasoh (Melbourne AUS) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's AE1200WH-1A World Time Watch (Watch)
How many watches have a digital LCD map of the world? Not many I'm guessing. That makes this watch a winner in my book. Anyway, lost on star due to the face being easily marked (mind has a large diagonal mark; grrr).

4.0 out of 5 stars A unique looking, impressive watch for the money. Highly recommended., July 24, 2013
Gary Kinsman (Simi Valley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's AE1200WH-1A World Time Watch (Watch)
Pros

- Unique design with cool looking small analog clock and world map
- Digital time has large digits and is very easy to read
- Display has very high contrast and is easy to read in low to moderate light (much better in this regard than my other Casio digital watches)
- Useful modes (world time, five alarms, countdown timer, stopwatch)
- 24 hour countdown timer and stopwatch
- Three alternate timezones selectable from the main time screen. These timezones can be easily changed going either east or west, and the DST status for each timezone can be easily set as well. (In the dedicated "world time" mode, timezones can only be set going east, which is cumbersome. This mode is somewhat redundant given the flexible world time features selectable from the main time screen, although the dedicated world time mode does additionally show the date in the selected timezone, and allows easily swapping the home timezone and world timezone.)
- 10 year battery
- Very inexpensive
- Extremely accurate (0.5 second per week slow with this sample)

Cons

- Analog clock and world map are small and can be hard to read
- Case is somewhat thick (but much thinner than most G-Shock models)
- Amber LED illumination is a bit uneven (brighter at the bottom of the display, especially in the corners)
- Font for day of week (and timezone name) is thin and somewhat hard to read
- Top of date can be shadowed by the crossbar just above it in certain light, making it hard to read

Notes

- The accuracy probably has quite a bit of sample to sample variation. This particular sample is my most accurate quartz watch.
- It would be nice if an individual timezone could be set to 24 hour time (for example, UTC)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cost effective and decent looking, June 28, 2014
This review is from: Casio Men's AE1200WH-1A World Time Watch (Watch)
I bought this as a daily general purpose watch (tell time, alarms, stop watch, timer) and Im honestly satisfied. Easy to understand instructions in my opinion but Im used to having to program a new watch once or twice every year so its not that complicated for me. My favorite features about this watch is the easy to clean wrist strap, automatic DST (once its set), button press to cycle through time-zones and the overall look of the watch. Supposedly water-resistant down to 100ft, I haven't taken it underwater but im lazy and dont take it off in the shower (what better way to clean it right?) and so far so good, fog doesn't get behind the screen. Its lightweight, cost effective, good looking and has all necessary features, if that is what you're looking for then this watch will do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Mens, April 21, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool watch!, March 9, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's AE1200WH-1A World Time Watch (Watch)
This is a great addition to my watch collection. I probably won't use all the time zones it offers but I will definitely take this watch on my next travels. It is solid and well built but not too large for my wrist. If you are looking for a cool digital watch with lots of functions and is quality made check this out. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Watch!, May 17, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's AE1200WH-1A World Time Watch (Watch)
The Casio AE-1200H is a very good watch in this price range.
Pros-
*Comfortable band
*Lots of functions
*Buttons are easy to press
*It's a Casio
*It has 4 different times to keep.
Cons-
*The light is not the strongest.
Overall, the AE-1200H is a good buy if you want a nice, durable, reliable watch under 25 bucks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased April 2013, April 30, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's AE1200WH-1A World Time Watch (Watch)
I wanted to purchase a very inexpensive watch to use at work (prison). The basic functions I needed was illumination, countdown timer, and date. This watch provided my basic needs and also added 5 alarms, stop watch feature, 1.5-3 second options on the illumination. It has the ability to have world times, which I didn't need. The watch design appeals to me because I've only ever had round watches. The square feature with the second had display (in the top left) and the world map (top right) are just design features, but I like the look. I had no problems setting my time/date/day light saving/hourly beep signal/etc. The instruction book was legible, but I really didn't use it.

The most important feature is the feel. After placing it on my wrist I noticed the watch is very comfortable. It may be a plastic band, but it's not stiff. I believe this watch will completely satisfy my needs. If I have any problems with the watch I will try to come back and make additional comments.

Casio Men's AE1200WH-1A World Time Watch