Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's AW49HE-7AV Ana-Digi Dual Time Watch
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 6, 2009
I've had this watch for 6 months now and have been wearing it everyday. Here are what I think of as the pros and cons:

Pros:
* Big clear analog display makes it easy to read at a glance (note: it's a silver dial)
* Digital functions make this double as a sport watch with dual time, alarms and timers
* Buttons on the left mean that I don't inadvertently push them when bending my wrist
* 50M waterproof so OK in the shower and to swim in
* Domed acrylic crystal is very clear and pretty scratch resistant
* Great price

Cons:
* No second hand (but easy to time things with the digital display)
* The digital display is a little small and may be hard to read
* Luminescence is available on the hands and hour markers but is not very bright
* Adjusting the time on the analog part of the watch is somewhat cumbersome - you have to hold down a small button on the right side of the watch and wait until you hit the right time (you have to get it just right or do it all over again since the button doesn't let you go backwards)
* Rubber strap can be a bit stiff - I fixed this by taking these off the watch and boiling them in water for 30 minutes to soften them up

All in all, it's a great functional watch and you just can't beat the price!
on September 24, 2014
My purpose for this watch was as an inexpensive option when I don't want to chance damaging or losing my usual watch. Snorkeling, whitewater rafting, hiking, and such are activities that could be perilous to a watch. If I lose this watch to them I won't cry. As such it works well.

Don't expect bells and whistles here. There is not lighting to it, but I wasn't worried. I either use it during the daytime or have another light handy.

It does have a stopwatch and calendar option, but so does every watch since the 80s.

It has the option to set the digital time to be different than the chronological time, which is handy when traveling. I can keep the digital time at the home time so I know when it is convenient to call friends and family at home.

I noticed that after only a week the watch was already 20 minutes behind. Had that not occurred I would have given it another star, but above all, a watch should keep time. 15 minute correction per week is pretty significant in today's digital watch age.
on March 9, 2008
This watch is an excellent bargain....keeps great time, is easy to read, has all the functions i.e. day, date, alarm, stopwatch, and two seperate time zones with superb Casio quality. I love it becaause my tired eyes can read the time without putting my glasses on which I can't do with a digital watch.
BD
on April 15, 2016
I've bought cheap watches in the past and have usually been disappointed so I wasn't expecting much from a $13 watch. I must say though that I am very happy with the look and "feel" of this watch. It doesn't look like a cheap watch and, unlike some of the more expensive ones (that I can never seem to figure out how to set the date and time properly) adjusting the day, date, and time is relatively simple. I only just received this watch so I cannot attest to how long it will last, but for now I am liking it!
on April 19, 2015
Perfect watch for the outdoors and work, where you might not want to wear a fancy watch.
The great thing about these is that they can go anywhere. In the shower, on the job getting scratched up, etc.
They just keep going, after a rigorous use/abuse the rubber thing that holds the band got cut, so I went to the local watch shop to get a replacement (and I paid 50% the cost of the watch, because I didn't want to throw it away.)

It has a basic functions that you can turn on and off: Hourly chime, one 24h alarm.
a calendar with date and day, and an option to set another time zone digitally.
Unfortunately it doesn't light up, so you'll have to have a source of light to read the time.

Another idea if you abuse your stuff like me is to get the military nylon watch bands, those are super tough, and the watch will likely break before the band does. *The band is 19mm wide.
on February 19, 2015
Inexpensive, high quality watch. Water proof down to fifty meters. Gives me the traditional hands and face that I like, plus the advantages of a digital watch. I like the black resin, in part because it is waterproof. I am in a foreign country, so I can keep my US time on the bottom of the watch. In the same area is the date. The controls for the watch are on the left side (instead of the right) so a "large" knob does not stick into my hand when I bend my wrist back. Due to advances in technology this watch is now possible as opposed to 30 years ago. The bright, light colored face and large numbers make it easy to read for this 52 year old. Watch has sophisticated appearance and is stylish. Watch is a statement against this large and ridiculous sports watches that you could land an airplane on. Very nice. Suitable for someone with an active lifestyle, e.g. swimming, world travel.
on August 23, 2012
This watch met all of my needs and it is sold for a reasonable price.
- It's an attractive watch.
- Its analog feature is very easy to read (even with these old eyes)
- One button is devoted to advancing the analog time
- Its digital features are easy to read with my glasses
- The two buttons that handle the digital features (date, stop watch, alarm, other time zone) are simple to use.
- The instructions are straightforward and easy to remember
- It has stayed dry inside its case as I swam several times in a lake

The downsides of the watch are not too serious:
- The analog adjustment goes forward only, so if you overshoot the set time, you have to watch the minute hand go around 12 times to try again.
- The battery and the seals are not expected to last more than 3 years
- The warranty covers just one year and excludes the case, glass, band, and battery
- The accuracy is specified as +/- 30 seconds per month - not great (mine seems much more accurate than that)
- I surmise that you can't replace the battery without damaging the seals from the instruction book.

In summary, you will have a good watch for perhaps 3 years and then you will need to replace it.
I truth, I don't think other watches last much longer.
I really like the watch and highly recommend it for others.
on September 21, 2014
I love the Casio reliability, simplicity, and value; I've owned many Casio watches similar to this one. I wanted a travel watch with an analog dial and alarm. While the bands are usually the first part to fail, my most recent Casio of this same model (but with black watch face) failed when one of the arms (holding the band pin) broke. Assuming this was a fluke, I thought I'd try again but choose a white watch face, rather than the traditional black face. Beware: the watch face is *not* white; it is iridescent. I will ding the watch one star for the description's failure to share this non-obvious but salient detail.
on January 12, 2013
I have about 20 watchesfrom this cheapie to ones costing several hundred dollars. I wear this everyday. It's best feature is the easily readable digital box. Other more expensive watches I own have a hard to read didital portion, so I can't wear them everyday. And since they are cheap enough, I just get a new one when the battery runs out or the band breaks. It's easy to set the alarm function, which I use throughout the day to remind me to take medications, make phone calls, etc. It's waterproof in the pool or shower, and keeps proper time.

(This has been added about a year later . . ) I'm amazed that the rubber band has not broken yet, which is unusual. And the same battery is still good. If the band holds up, I'll probably just put in another battery, rather than just replace the watch.
on May 1, 2011
I'm purchasing plastic band watches now due to a reaction with my skin to metal ones. This watch would have gotten a 5 of 5 if the glow in the dark markers worked a little better. They are quick to dim in glow, but that is not a major detractor for me. The watch has dual time, stopwatch, and alarm. I like the hourly chime. Being technically oriented, I didn't need the instruction manual to set the thing. So all in all, this is not a Rolex, but I am very satisfied with its operation, easy to read analog dial and digital features. If the watch dies, I will definately buy another one of this model.