5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Compass Watch and I Like It
Published on December 14, 2008 by Daniel F. Schopp

3.0 out of 5 stars Casio Digital Compass Watch
The watch is tough and the nylon band is much more comfortable than the usual plastic band you find on most inexpensive watches. I have the following negative comments:
1. The watch is HUGE. It spans my entire wrist. I should have paid more attention to the dimensions.
Published on April 1, 2010 by R. L. Meleady

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st Compass Watch and I Like It, December 14, 2008
This is my first compass watch. I was concerned that the compass would be difficult to use and calibrate. After receiving the watch I was easily able to use and calibrate the compass. A neat undocumeted feature of the watch is that the current time is displayed in all modes - world time (which also shows the name of the world time city selected), compass, stopwatch, countdown timer, and alarm. The digits are large and easy to read. The backlight illuminates the digits, not the whole watch face. The cloth band is very comfortable and looks sturdy and well made. All in all a very good value for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch except for thermometer!, December 16, 2008
I bought this watch recently and as any Casio watch its great looking and worth fully for the price tag. Compass, World timer, Stop watch, Alarm and timer features are great and easy to operate. My only complain is the thermometer which I find practically useless. The instruction manual says watch sensor needs 30 min to adjust to the atmospheric temperature. For instance if you take your watch from warm place to a cold environment it will give erroneous readings for 30 mins!! And if you are wearing your watch, you can't depend on the reading at all since body temperarture will ridiculously increase the reading even in a cold winter day! If you take off your watch and try to measure.. you have to wait 30 mins to get accurate readings. So this sensor is not useful at all for measuring temperature when you are outdoors. Other than this, I like the watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Casio Digital Compass Watch, April 1, 2010
2. The temperature function is for all practical purposes useless. You have to take the watch off and let it return to ambient temperature before you can get an accurate reading.
3.The compass reading doesn't stay on long enough. Since the bezel doesn't rotate, you have to rotate your whole body to align the indicator with north, or else remove the watch and rotate it. Either way, the indicator is usualy already gone by then.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch., May 27, 2009
Like many, I have had Casio watches for years.

This watch is not my first, but it is one of my most recent and favorite purchases of a Casio watch.

First off. No rubber watch band that will break after a few years of use in salt water. This is a rubberized nylon band. Green - not my favorite - but still sturdy.

Second, the watch face is pretty large. And better yet, the digital clock has nice large numbers.

Third, the features are nice. This watch has a digital compass which is fairly easy to set up, but will probably require the use of the internet beyond the instructions. Multiple alarms, stopwatch, timer and world time constitute the features on this watch beyond the compass.

It is sturdily built, with the band, mineral face, a plastic ring around the watch face to prevent scratches, and a very solid feel. However, the watch is quite light as well. It is also supposed to be quite water resistant.

This watch should last for a while.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of Casio Twin Sensor Watch, February 1, 2010
Phyllis E Anderson (Simi Valley, Ca 93065) - See all my reviews
Product is extremely durable. Use it all the time and is one of my key tools with Search and Rescue. Has a built in compass and thermometer. Compass is great for basic bearings and can handle setting declination. Pretty accurate in the 16 points if references. The temp reading is pretty much useless as it is attached to your body which greatly impacts its reading. Has several alarms, multi-time zones, stop watch laps and luminescent back light that lights just the number info in light blue. Like indiglo. Have smacked it on tree, rocks, in dirt, through rivers and snow. Works great. Just don't use the temp option. For the price, can't beat it.

5.0 out of 5 stars *3 Years Strong*, March 18, 2012
Good watch, rugged build, strong band. Has lasted me 3 years so far with no problems. Haven't had to change the battery yet either. Compass seems to be accurate once calibrated. Temperature works better with the watch off. I mainly use it just for the time so no complaints here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible watch., July 14, 2010
D. Wilcox (Washington, D.C.) - See all my reviews
This watch, for the money, has all the features I wanted for an upcoming deployment - compass, temp, world time, nylon band, rugged, backlight, 4 alarms (with snooze), etc... It is comfortable, well made, works great, and easy to use. During my last deployment I spent several hundred dollars on a watch with all of these functions - and while the Suunto was a great watch, it was rubbery and thus, my wrist was sweaty all the time. Additionally, I've always found watches to be annoying... This watch is SO comfortable, I haven't taken it off once since I've bought it. I will highly recommend this watch to all of my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Watch, June 4, 2009
This is a fantastic model from Casio. Accuracy and battery life are never concerns with Casio watches. The few things I am not delighted about with most Casio models are their cheap plastic looks and the rubber watch band which easily breaks.

However, this one looks great due to its beautiful aesthetic design (colour combination inside the LCD display (a sea greenish hue) and of the dial as a whole, the size, font and positioning of the digits, the partitioning of the display into three parts, the elegant main time display). Much better looking than almost any of the G Shock or other digital models.

The compass works great and it has lots of other features - the timer (countdown) being a really useful one for multiple tasks - exercising, cooking, meditating, jogging, whiling (when you want to set aside a specific amount of time for a leisure activity) etc. The band is not the typical rubber which breaks easily (characteristic of Casio watches and one of the weak points of most Casios) way before the watch ceases to be useful but is actually made of some kind of polyester which is quite comfortable, earthy and green in colour.

The temperature detector works very accurately too PROVIDED you take the watch off and let it lie in the ambient temperature for about 15 - 20 minutes.

I own many Casio watches but this one is my favorite along with MDV301D-2AV which is another OUTSTANDING Casio due to its aesthetics, form and overall quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Running and Traveling Watch, January 12, 2009
The display is great - clear and very easy to read outdoors or indoors, in darkness or light. The world city time, chronograph, compass, and alarm modes are very easy to read and use. The only weak points for the watch are that the temperature reading is accurate only if you remove the watch from your wrist and let it sit for a time, and the band is a bit stiff starting out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best affordable compass watch, January 11, 2010
I was looking for a waterproof sports watch with compass and stopwatch/timer function in the $50-80 range. For a guy I guess I have skinny wrists, so the Timex watches like #T49686 appealed to me for their smaller size and lesser weight. However my last Timex Expedition (similar plastic design to their digital compass watches) broke quite easily, proving their inferior durability. The Casio more than justifies the miniscule size/weight difference.

Advantages (vs Timex)
Mineral face (vs plastic)
Better water resistance - 200M (vs 100M)
More durable bezel/case (Timex plastic is more fragile, rotating bezel breaks)
Better controls (on Timex you can only increment timer in one direction, not +/- mins)

Cons (don't know about Timex)
The Casio has 4 daily alarms. You can't have different schedules for different days of the week.

Casio Men's SGW100B-3V