Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's W213-2AVCF Sport Watch
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 19, 2011
This is a small watch (case diameter 40mm) - about the size of a Casio Baby-G Shock Watch.

Although it's certainly not G Shock tough, this watch is well built and makes a great utilitarian work watch.

The blue on black bezel is actually quite fashionable ... it complements my blue jeans :))

BASIC FEATURES: Stopwatch, count-down timer, 5 alarms, dual time-zone

CONS: The ILLUMINATOR lettering on the watch case and the 'Product Description' - "EL backlight with Afterglow" is misleading. The backlight is in fact, a small LED in the corner of the screen - bright enough to light up the screen. However, typical of LED light sources, it brightens the part of the screen near the LED more than the rest of the screen. The LED backlight is certainly no even glow like electro-luminescent / EL / Indiglo illuminator, but it works ... I can see the time in the dark.

If you like the feel of a lightweight watch on your hands, with the basic features, and best of all - simple to use ... then this Casio Men's Basic Blue and Black Digital Watch is the one!

UPDATE: I bought another Casio Men's Basic Blue and Black Digital Watch for a young family member instead of a Baby-G.
He loves it! And, of course, I saved myself $$ :))

Hope this review was helpul ...

Jeffrey A. (Jeff)
Ok, so I've had this watch for about a 2 years already and I must say I'm very happy with it. It doesn't exactly seem to be built to the G-Shock quality, but the durability is surprisingly adequate. I'm not very easy on it, nor extremely careless either, but I've worn it plenty of time's while doing work on my truck, turning wrenches and busting my knuckles all the while having it get all banged up and apart from the obvious scratches it still works and looks great.

Now about the construction of the watch: the overall weight is fairly light and it's not very bulky like some Casio's G-shock watches. The illumination is provided by an orange LED bulb tucked behind the bezel so don't expect a fancy indiglo light. The housing has a semi-metallic blue coating with a similar blue plastic under; I like this because if it gets all scratched up (like mine) it wouldn't be so obvious and it'll never fade.
The strap isn't the softest rubber type I've felt (it's of a plasticky-hard rubber type) which I don't think is a con much because seems to make it more motor oil resistant. I've had other cheap watches in which the rubber strap over time swelled, became brittle, and broke because of motor oil and other chemicals like brake fluid. The case buttons provide good tactile feed back and stick out a bit for easy configuration, but on occasion because of this the time modes change when I'm moving around bumping into things; fortunately it's just the mode display and not the time settings that cycle (In order to adjust the time/alarm settings one of the buttons must be depressed and held for a few seconds).

For me the best part of the watch is the price. Sure, it'll probably break sooner or later, but at least I won't be breaking the bank just to pick other one up.
on April 7, 2013
But the face is more cluttered and not as readable as my previous Casio.
That circle in the upper left shows which of the 5 alarms is enabled, but
it's hard to read because it's recessed. And the bar across the top has
segments with change with each second, but why, if it also shows the
seconds in numbers? The alarm chirp could be louder. The countdown
timer and dual time screens have blank space that could display useful
information.
on December 27, 2012
Got this for my 8 year old. It fits him great, and he loves it. He is fascinated by the different time zone feature, stopwatch, and light. I thought the light was strange. It only lights from one corner, and it is very yellow. It is fine for a kid, but I don't think this would be a good watch for an adult.
on March 7, 2015
This watch works well, but not the band. I like the watch's great appearance, the dual time, the stop watch, the alarm, and being water proof. My only complaint about this and the last four other Casio watches I have had is that the battery and electronics far outlast the plastic/resin wrist band that it comes with. I have had several of these ten-year battery watches now that have a 1-1.5 year band that starts cracking, tearing, and falling off way too soon. Even worse, most are non-standard bands that cannot be easily matched and replaced. Most replacement casio bands cost $12 when the whole watch costs $14. I now only take my watch off one to two times per year to make the resin band not crack or break apart as quickly. I wish Casio would sell these with an extra band, or that somebody in China would start making cheap knock-off compatible replacement bands for this model and I would love this product. In summary, this is a great watch with a poor to mediocre resin band that will only last you a max of 18 months.
on September 4, 2015
although this watch is normally for men, i will be giving this to my 13 year nephew. the watch is smaller than ordinary men's watch so it will be perfect for him. i wanted a water resistant and with a battery that will lasts really long. this watch has a 10 year battery lifetime so im positive that it will go along way. i like the color combination and all the features it offers such as alarm clock and stop clock even though i won't be sure if my nephew will use those.
on December 1, 2011
I've been wearing the watch everyday for 2 1/2 years and never have had a problem.
The white letters are worn off but the watch works great still.
on April 21, 2012
I have allways used casios watches, they are very resistent and stilish too, but sice celulars i had abandon all watches, recently I buy 2 casio watches because I don't want to take outside my poket the mobile, and this is just perfect, not too big not too expensive, and has several alarms, also the color is very special like metalic blue, the beasel is very resistent, and the cristal don't easy get scrached
on August 31, 2015
Excellent replacement/alternate watch, considering it's not a "high dollar" model. I bought it as a back up to my other watch of the same type, and I was surprised to see it has a 10 year battery (didn't think that was possible; will see). Anyway, the five alarms are nice to have, it looks nice; with decent sized numbers for me (eyesight's not what it used to be). Nice color. My other is black and silver this is as pictured, black and blue; which is cool, as I like both colors. Nifty little inexpensive watch to have.
on July 28, 2015
Love the look, love the easy-on-and-off watchband, but the buttons are too easily pressed accidentally, so I sometimes find the time-telling face to be gone when I quickly look at the watch for the time--the watch has moved on to the next screen because one of the buttons was accidentally pressed in my daily work and movement (which is not strenuous or unusual movement--I work at a desk at my job). But it is a bargain, and a great-looking watch.