5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect balance between ruggedness and looks
I bought one of these a year or two back because I wanted the features of my GW5600 G-Shock without all the clunkiness. The fact that it is available in brown & green was really nice, because I could wear it to work and it matches khakis.

Published on October 20, 2010 by Smaug

3.0 out of 5 stars Like the Looks but super small..
The watch looked great but would not fit comfortably around my wrist. I was on the last notch and it was tight. My wrist is 7" in circumference. I had to return it.
Published 16 months ago by Dom

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect balance between ruggedness and looks, October 20, 2010
Smaug "Jeremy" (Round Lake Beach, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's W94HF-3AV Sport Watch (Watch)

One day, I decided it is a disposable watch. I needed a clock on my motorcycle, so I took this off the band and used double-stick tape to stick it to the gas tank. Sold the bike and the watch went with it.

I have missed it ever since.

Another thing it has over the G-Shock is that the buttons protrude a bit and are easy to press.

The light is a proper backlight, and the button is front & center, but not too easy to press accidentally.

The one feature that is getting harder and harder to find, but is super-useful is the countdown timer. The basic digital watches don't have it. It is useful for reminding oneself to change laundry, to time frozen pizza in the oven, and even to time the brewing time on a pot of tea.

The last thing that is really nice about this watch is that the leather/nylon strap is much more comfortable than the resin strap on most of the Casios in this price range. It breathes a bit, instead of sticking to your wrist.

I miss this watch and will buy another one shortly.

For reference, this seems to weigh about 1/3 as much as a G-Shock and has a smooth profile that easily fits under shirt sleeves. I don't believe it has a mineral crystal, so it will scratch easier, but that doesn't really matter. It will still be legible.

The green LCD background also makes it easier to read than a gray on gray, like most of them have.

I highly recommend this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Inexpensive Watch, August 11, 2010
This review is from: Casio Men's W94HF-3AV Sport Watch (Watch)
I love this watch and this is the third one I have purchased. They do seem to last for a few years and die, but despite that, I still love 'em. It has multiple functions: timekeeping in two time zones, stop watch, countdown timer and an alarm. With the press of a button, the face illuminates so you can read it at night. Once you learn the controls, it's easy to use. As you can tell from my repeat purchases, I think it's a real value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for kids, not only men, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's W94HF-3AV Sport Watch (Watch)
This watch just fits on my 10 year old son's wrist. Mind you, he's a skinny boy so to find something that looks this good and fits him, is very difficult. It's a great buy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Like the Looks but super small.., August 6, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing/Cheap Watch!!!, October 27, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's W94HF-3AV Sport Watch (Watch)
I have literally put this style watch through hell... Literally! My work requires all sorts of water submersion & abuse on my own personal equipment. I've had this watch for (at least), 5 years now & not only has the face held up (I destroyed the band & bought another), but it still holds accurate time. One of the best cheap watches I have ever purchased. Do yourself a favor & give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth it, May 12, 2009
This review is from: Casio Men's W94HF-3AV Sport Watch (Watch)
I've owned one for a couple years now. I keep a backup and have ordered three more as gifts. Excellent watch (on one I changed the band to a velcro one for day-to-day rough use). Practical, easy to check the time in the dark, neat looking. No problems with it at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars It works but...., September 17, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's W94HF-3AV Sport Watch (Watch)
First off it does what I want and that is show date & time. Other bells and whistles are too cumbersome (for me anyway) to use.

My two biggest gripes are the date and day are too small for me to read, and worse the band is too small. I do not have large wrists and there should be no reason the band can't be another 1/2" longer. Another thing is the band "keeper" will not stay in place so the band end is always sticking up and snagging on stuff besides looking silly. Its advertised as a MENS watch but unless you're a 12 yr boy or petite woman the band may be an issue.

I bought this watch as an interim unit while my good watch is being repaired. When I get the good one back this one is going into the drawer to quietly fade away. I had a number of Casios in years past and was always happy with them, not with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars This watch is robust!, April 21, 2014
Kiwi (Masterton, New Zealand) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's W94HF-3AV Sport Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch in the US, ten years ago at another store for 25 USD. I have taken it over 18,000 kilometres, been in seawater diving, over mountain tops and jumped off bridges into river water here in New Zealand and encased in mud. The case has lost its color, the bezel is scratched to bits, I've replaced the battery twice and also the strap. But the darn thing wont die! That's why I'm going to buy me another one'. Forget your cheaper model G-Shock. This watch is the G-Shock without the case and the expense.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dark face creates problems, February 6, 2013
Griffindor (Tallahassee, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's W94HF-3AV Sport Watch (Watch)
Nicely sized and fairly comfortable watch. Bargain price for essential digital features.
The band is somewhat uncomfortable, stiff at leather junctures with rough edges.
The dark face is the problem, plus goofy face "decorations" that are not useful but are meant to look high tech and cool.
Too bad Casio, please stick to features, comfort over looks.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost Time After 3 Days, March 24, 2014
This review is from: Casio Men's W94HF-3AV Sport Watch (Watch)
Bought this to replace an older model that still worked but needed a new strap and crystal. Stopped working after 3 days. Spent $10.00 on a replacement battery only to have the watch continue to lose time. They don't make them like they use too!

Casio Men's W94HF-3AV Sport Watch