Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Price:$17.25 - $27.00

on March 2, 2009
Perfect regatta watch. I have used this watch for many years and currently own two of them. The best feature is the repeating countdown timer with audible alert every minute, 30s, 20s, 10s, 5,4,3,2,1 ... (this is not a common feature in other Casio watches - unfortunately) You can hear it in heavy air on the starting line, which can't be said about many other, much more expensive, watches. Over the years, I have gone through half a dozen or more of those, primarily because they got pulled off by a line or ripped off from my hand in some other fashion. Never gave it a second thought because it is so cheap, always carry a backup in my bag to a regatta. You can hand one to your crew or a friend and if it does not come back - oh well... The band is solid. The only disadvantage is that it is hard to keep it completely clean if you live an active life and spend some time in the water. Not quite good enough to wear as a dress watch unless it is new (although I have been doing just that for a while). Never had to replace the battery. You will get some scratches, but to my knowledge, this is essentially unbreakable watch. Also, no gimmick features like moon-phase...
- dual time is good if you travel across timezones occasionally
- alarm is loud
- stopwatch with the usual features
- countdown - the best
- back-light is bright enough
reliable, practical, durable, light, inexpensive and OK looking
good luck
on May 14, 2013
Its been 1 year now and I haven't taken this watch off unless to go to a wedding. I sleep in it, I shower in it and I work in it EVERY DAY! It absolutely amazes me that it is still going with all the stuff I put it through! If it ever broke I would buy a new one the next day!
on July 7, 2008
I had this watch for over 5 years without changing a THING (not even the battery needed replacement!) For the price, this watch is a steal. Every other watch I've bought in this price range has crapped out on me within a month or two, but this one just kept on going! Sadly, I left mine out in the sun on a very hot day recently, which finally killed the thing.

This watch does have some small digits in the upper part of the display, so I wouldn't recommend it if you have problems with your vision, however, for anyone else, this watch is an incredible blend of style, comfort, features, and (most importantly for me) durability.
on September 7, 2011
I have owned 3 of these watches over the last 4 or 5 years. I lost the first one and the battery finally died on the next. This watch is an excellent combination of features, casual style, and size. It is extremely thin yet the digits are readable and I don't have the best near vision either. Other great features include the count down timer and dual times (hours and minutes can be set interchangeably). Also I have an average to slightly above average wrist and the band is big enough that I use the 3rd or 4th tightest holes in the watch band.

The only drawback that I have noticed is the quality of the watchband and finish. The finish and the black coating on the band seems to deteriorate after a couple of years.

I have had this watch anywhere from 100 feet under the water to over 10000 feet in elevation and have never had any problems with it. It works great as a casual pilot's watch. You can keep local time in one clock and Zulu time in the other as well as have the count down timer as a backup on those instrument approaches!

This is my favorite watch and I plan on replacing it with the same model when the time comes. I hope Casio continues to make them.
on July 19, 2007
I love this watch. It's cheap in price. High quality (for the price) and keeps time. I like the cloth bands better than the cheaper plastic bands on other Casio models. Can't beat it.
on September 20, 2014
I just got this watch yesterday and am quite pleased with it. As other reviewers have said, the display is a bit small, but it's ok. If you have trouble figuring out how to do anything, the manual is quite clear. Hold down the adjust button until seconds (or whatever, if you're not changing the main time) flashes, then use split to go back and start to go forward and mode to change what you're adjusting. The illuminator function (turns on if held 90 degrees) only stays on for 3 hrs at a time, if you don't manually turn it off. To turn it on/off, hold down the split button. Everything else is pretty straightforward. I haven't tested the waterproofness of it yet, apart from hand washing, but so far it's a great little watch! The band could be a little better; it's a bit stiff because it has accents of (faux?) leather. Hopefully that will iron out with use!

update: 10/28/14- 5 weeks into owning it and I am sad. I still love the watch, but it has now reset itself (to 1/1/10 12:00 am) twice. Will replace with same.
on October 9, 2012
This watch is great. I've owned two of them the first for about five years. It finally got water in it after changing the battery. There is a seal that gets broke when you open the watch. So if you use this watch while in the water do not change the battery until the original one fails, and then take your chances. After five years of use this is not a big deal considering the price. Also the band is very nice. Its not like the cheep plastic ones on other watches in this price range. The light works very well. Its not overly bulky.
on March 22, 2015
UPDATED REVIEW:

I am so frustrated & disappointed!! My watch is malfunctioning like others have noted in their reviews & I am outside of the 30 day return period. The calendar is now showing a different month & date AND the time is off. This is CRAZY that they allow these "watches" to be sold like this.

This is the 2nd one I purchased. I had to return the first one because that malfunctioned right away, but this one took two months to do the same thing, so I thought I was safe since the other one changed dates & times after only 7-10 days or so. There are some good reviews, which had lead me to believe I had gotten a dud the 1st time, but I now feel they are ALL duds that are being sold now.

The OLD watches were GREAT!! The new ones are absolute JUNK!! What good is a watch that is WRONG?! While I can deal w/the date being off, I can't deal w/the TIME being off on a watch!! SHAME on AMAZON for selling this GARBAGE!!

I am VERY upset & won't buy more watches from Amazon!! NOT a savings when the piece of junk doesn't work!! That's no way to treat your customers, Amazon :/ !!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL REVIEW:

I am a woman, & have been wearing these watches for about 10-12 years now & love them. It is called a Men's watch here, but when I bought one in store it was in the women's section of the watch case. They are super durable & last a long time (2-3 years at least & would probably last a good 4-5 years if you took it off for gardening, etc.) under various conditions from gentle to tough wearing. I <3 this watch!
on March 2, 2014
I have used this watch for over five years, two different watches, and loved it. I would rate it 5 stars easily.

However I have ordered two of this same model from Amazon recently and both have the same defect: About once every 2-3 weeks, the entire watch resets to 12:00am on 1/1/10.

There is no rhyme or reason to why the watch resets--not a hard strike or blow, submerged, whatever. It just randomly resets the time.

One defect I would chalk up to the occasional, unavoidable manufacturing defect. But two in a row defective in the exact same way, must be some kind of defect in this entire stock or manufacturing run.
on August 1, 2014
good watch, functions as described. Makes a dent in my fingers when I try to set it. Trying to set it in low light is not recommended. The light function must be reactivated multiple times to try to set time; requires too many fingers.
I gave up using this as a sleep alarm, not loud enough. I couldn't read the time without my glasses so waking and knowing if I could snooze was not possible.

See 1 answered question