4.0 out of 5 stars Everything I expected it to be
Published on May 9, 2009 by M. Salsbury

1.0 out of 5 stars READ IF YOU WANT ACCURATE ANALYSIS OF TERRIBLE WATCH
This watch is terrible. There are several reasons why it's only getting 1 star. Listed below are those reasons.
Pros:
- It has several time zones to choose from, so for being in the military and having a girlfriend in a different timezone it's great to not have to play the "what time is it there" game.
- The atomic clock is excellent (when it...
Published 4 months ago by Joshua

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything I expected it to be, May 9, 2009
I have an older Casio watch that I really love, but the battery died recently and I haven't had a chance to replace it yet. I bought this one to tide me over. This one looks good. It's light. It's comfortable. The default display includes the day of the week, date, and time, which is what I like to see on the watch face. The other functions are less useful to me but it's nice to know they're there if I need them.

This watch doesn't sync with atomic time as well as my older Casio did, but it does do so. It usually works best when I'm outside where it probably has clearer access to the radio signal from the atomic clock.

Casio digital watches aren't Rolexes, of course, but I find them to be inexpensive, reliable, nice-looking timepieces that I'm perfectly happy to wear. They've been a favorite of mine for decades and probably always will be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Atomic Watch, May 18, 2012
I have been wearing the Wave Ceptor since 2003. The WV200A is the sports version. I also wear the WV58A which is the much thinner Wave Ceptor.

I live in the Texas Panhandle and have no problems receiving the signal from Colorado Springs. The WV200A time display is large but the date is tiny. In the stopwatch mode, the actual time is quite tiny and can only be read in bright light.

The WV58A has a better display but the WV200A is much more rugged. I use the WV200A for daily jogs or when working outside. For everyday wear I prefer the sleeker look of the WV58A. Also, with the WV58A, there is no problem with the cuffs of long sleeves getting hung on the watch. That can be a minor problem with the WV200A.

Both the WV200A and the WV58A have a filled-in signal display if the signal was automatically received the night before, so you always know if the watch has been successfully synchronized within the past 24 hours.

The battery life of these Wave Ceptors is 2-3 years. The cost of replacing watch batteries has gotten so high that I now just replace the watch when the battery wears out.

I prefer the WV58A but the WV200A is also an excellent version of the Wave Ceptor, and I will continue to wear this model for as long as Casio makes them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch just won't synch, March 24, 2009
CAF (Connecticut) - See all my reviews
I really like this watch - but - I'm having the same issue as another reviewer, it simply will not synch up with the atomic clock. I've tried everything but it just won't synch. I even left it in an upstairs window facing Colorado overnight but still no good. The watch shows that it's last synch was back in July of 2008. I contacted Casio tech support but they were absolutely no help at all. After verifying the watch was optioned correctly, they told me to set the time manually. Gee, thanks, I buy a watch that is supposed to automatically synch up with the atomic clock and they recommend that I set the time manually?!? Looks I'm sending this one back and will try another. I'll update this review after I receive the replacement.

Update: I received the replacement watch and it appears to be working fine. It has synchronized with the atomic clock all but one night since I received it. This is a great watch! I have changed my rating from 1 to 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect. Does it all in a right-sized package and easy to use., July 30, 2010
Barry Seymour (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I've owned a lot of digital watches and they all fell short in some way. Not this one.

Keeping it simple, I'll make a list of what I like..

* Easy to read Display
* Watch updates nightly with great reliability (I'm in LA). Signal strength indicator too.
* I LOVE the recessed mineral crystal with raised edges. (I have scratched so many watches but this one stays good)
* Basic functions - World Time, Timer, Stopwatch, Alarm - that are easy to figure out and set
* Buttons are large and easy to push
* Black wristband has a lot of closely-spaced slots, making it easy to adjust it for your exact wrist size

It's nothing fancy, but it is easy to use and looks great. (Again, I LOVE the recessed crystal.) And the price was right.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bezel too big, numbers too small, December 20, 2008
I purchased this as a replacement for a Casio Waveceptor that was $10 cheaper. What makes this worth the price is the fact that it checks from midnight to 5 a.m. to synch its time signal with Colorado. In the month since I've owned it, there has been only one day when it did not synch with Colorado. The bezel is so large that when I wear a shirt with buttoned sleeves, my wrist hurts because the sleeve presses in on the extremely large bezel. In addition, I find the day, date, year function a bit small in terms of ease of readability. But I just love, love love the waveceptor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Watch, Cool Features, October 23, 2009
This is a nice & cool watch. like any other Casio watch it gives accurate time. The auto time sync feature is really cool & it works perfectly. But I had hard time setting it up to work for the first time. It syncs with the atomic time only in the mid night & my watch did it in the third night :). There after it does it automatically I do not monitor it any more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Casio Mens's WV200A-1AV Waveceptor Atomic Sport Watch, February 3, 2012
I have owned this watch for about 2 yrs now. No complaint about the watch. Just had the battery replaced at a local Sears store. My only complaint whatsoever is the band. My watch band broke recently and it has been hard to find at a good "cost effective" price. I have considered not buying any more Casio without finding out how much the band cost to replace. Other than that is is a good machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., November 22, 2013
Even though I live more than 1000 miles away, it faithfully resets the time while I am sleeping, wearing it. I would have given it 5 stars, but for the stupid red wheel, just to the right of the date, which indicates the signal strength on the last update of the time. A simple single digit would have sufficed.

Since I've had it less than a week, I have no information on longtime service. Nowhere do they tell you what battery it uses. I had to go to battery manufacturers to determine that the battery is a lithium # 1620.

1.0 out of 5 stars READ IF YOU WANT ACCURATE ANALYSIS OF TERRIBLE WATCH, July 30, 2014
Pros:
- The atomic clock is excellent (when it works). Possibly the most accurate watch I've had so far...again I say WHEN IT WORKS.

Cons:
- It has a mind of its own when it wants to reset itself. It's reset a half dozen times already and I've only had the watch for about 3-5 months.
- The backlight decided to stop working now also, and will work when it wants too.
- The DST is wrong on auto mode, so there's no point in using auto-mode for it.

All in all, this watch is terrible, yes it does it's job, but its reset itself on me in crucial times; such as during a test when I used my watch to keep track of time, and working out, again where I used it to keep track of workout sets and the time of day. This watch is great if you don't want it to be reliable. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT GETTING IT. The watch I had before this was a simple, cheap armitron and it lasted 4 years! I'll go back to that.

3.0 out of 5 stars My son loved it but the strap broke, June 5, 2012
The watch is accurate and very nice. But the strap broke when my son was sleeping. I could not find the part to repair it. He had been wearing it day and night for 6 months.

Casio Men's WV200A-1AV