5.0 out of 5 stars My husband loves it!
Published on July 29, 2011 by Aubrey

I REALLY, REALLY, wanted to keep this watch, but ultimately ended up returning it, and I'm glad I did.

I won't go over the features of this watch, as the previous reviews have explained them pretty well. This particular watch was Made In Japan, which was nice. The watch's looks are very impressive, I especially like the blacked out case.

The main...
Published 3 months ago by JJ

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband loves it!, July 29, 2011
This review is from: Casio Men's PAG240-1BCR Pathfinder Triple Sensor Solar Digital Watch (Watch)
My husband owned a rugged Casio watch when he was a police officer because it was black and could take a beating. He loved that watch. The battery had finally gone dead in it and we thought about just getting another battery. But after having it for so many years, it looked like it had been through the ringer. So I talked him into getting a new watch to celebrate his new job as a federal park ranger. We shopped around and he liked this watch alot, so I got to work on finding the best deal and I found it here. Its a large watch and has lots of gadgets that I would probably never use, but he loves it. He especially loves that it's solar powered because he's outside all day long. Its a great looking watch too. It seems to be very rugged and exactly what he needs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Watch, Horrible Display. Returned It For The PAG240-1CR Model., April 30, 2014

The main thing that I want to point out is the ABSOLUTELY POOR DISPLAY of the watch. I'm not for sure if my display was particularly bad, as other reviews don't seem to point this out as being a major issue (but kudos to the couple of reviews that tried to warn me).

I have near perfect eyesight and also own other Casio watches with negative displays, but this watch was the most difficult to read out of any watch that I've ever had. Being under bright sunlight or indoor fluorescent lighting works the best (and the watch with its Olive Green background looks great) but any other low-light conditions and this watch has to be at a perfect angle otherwise it's impossible to read.

I returned the watch and exchanged it for the more common PAG240 model, the PAG240-1CR. The main reason I didn't get that watch to begin with is because 1) I didn't think the normal display looked as cool and 2) the dorky yellow "Adjust" and "Light" button. Fortunately after getting a look at the PAG240-1CR first person, neither of those issues bother me any more, I think it looks great! The biggest thing is that I can now take a quick glance at my wrist and see everything that I need to without any fidgeting around.

In the end, I wanted this watch to be as "utilitarian" as possible, and having to constantly adjust my viewing angle or use the backlight to see anything proved to be a deal-breaker for me. The watch does look great though, so if you're able to get past that major issue (or perhaps the watch I received was especially bad) then maybe this is still the watch for you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, November 25, 2013
I love the watch for the price and function. However, if you are looking for a tactical watch and plan to use this one with a topo map, it is very reflective and the altimeter is off by a 100 meters or less. I cant say how accurate the barometer is, but it does work well enough to inform me of weather change which is nice when hiking a mountain. The compass is pretty spot on, when i progamed the watch i added the magnetic declination and it seems to stay true. Overall this watch is a great buy period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masculine!, February 3, 2013
This is a g-shock on steroids. I bought this for my son in the Army. He is yet to receive it, but I think he will be thrilled with it. This is way beyond a timepiece with great looks. This is a tool that will enable a soldier or an outdoorsman to obtain data that can be quite useful. Then you add in the fact that it is solar powered and I think this item is worth many times what it cost me. Heck, a lot of watches cost this amount and only tell time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Pathfinder (green face), June 15, 2012
This watch has the easiest face to read of any watch that I've ever owned. The black numerals/info contrast perfectly to the green background. Watch fits my wrist perfectly. Altimeter and barometer work perfectly. Of the 10+ watches I own, this one is on my wrist the most.... by far.....

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing watch, March 2, 2014
Im an avid outdoorsman and I bought this watch as a back up to my compass. I was pleasently surprised and how accurate and easy it was to use, I now find myself using it more then my tradtional compass. The barometer and altimeter are a great addition and i find them very accurate. The watch face is very large and easy to read. The solar battery charges very well both outdoors and indoors. Whatever your outdoor likes are you will defiently find this watch very usefull.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch, February 9, 2014
JASON K HART (MUNDELEIN, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this for the solar battery. I've had it for 4 months now & the battery has never gone off full. There are tons of goodies on this watch that if you were really into outdoors stuff you would love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Watch I've ever owned, September 26, 2013
One word... AWESOME!!! Definitely reccomend. Not entirely accurate, though unless you calibrate it which you have to do frequently but it is still a great tool and all of the other features it has besides the A.B.C. Features make the watch even better. And one of my favorite things is how light weight it is. Sometimes I forget it's on my wrist.

5.0 out of 5 stars espectacular y comodo una maravilla muy util, March 1, 2013
excellent watch, for all uses, provides informacon temperature, barometric pressure, timers, compass, altimeter and more, blue light for night very useful and robust design. Fully recommended for beach and mountain field, inculusive for casual use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid and very reliable watches, December 15, 2011
I really like them since they suit perfectly to hunting conditions and extreme traveling inside forests. Feasible, comfortable and readable - that's important under non-ordinary circumstances.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›