Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS

on March 21, 2014
Given the perfect viewing angle, this thing is hot so I can't give it the two stars it deserves.

Danjah gave it 2 stars because you can't see what it's attempting to display most of the time. The reflection is horrid.

I posted a customer image on this watch's main page so that people can see what Danjah was talking about. I returned it and bought a PAG240B-2CR. I should have believed his review. Thank you for trying to warn me, Danjah.

For those that don't know, you can see my customer image by going to this watch's main page and SCROLLING down to the reviews (don't click where it says "customer reviews" on top of the page, you have to physically scroll down and it's to the right of the first review).
review image review image
0Comment41 of 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2014
I REALLY, REALLY, wanted to keep this watch, but ultimately ended up returning it, and I'm glad I did.

I won't go over the features of this watch, as the previous reviews have explained them pretty well. This particular watch was Made In Japan, which was nice. The watch's looks are very impressive, I especially like the blacked out case.

The main thing that I want to point out is the ABSOLUTELY POOR DISPLAY of the watch. I'm not for sure if my display was particularly bad, as other reviews don't seem to point this out as being a major issue (but kudos to the couple of reviews that tried to warn me).

I have near perfect eyesight and also own other Casio watches with negative displays, but this watch was the most difficult to read out of any watch that I've ever had. Being under bright sunlight or indoor fluorescent lighting works the best (and the watch with its Olive Green background looks great) but any other low-light conditions and this watch has to be at a perfect angle otherwise it's impossible to read.

I returned the watch and exchanged it for the more common PAG240 model, the PAG240-1CR. The main reason I didn't get that watch to begin with is because 1) I didn't think the normal display looked as cool and 2) the dorky yellow "Adjust" and "Light" button. Fortunately after getting a look at the PAG240-1CR first person, neither of those issues bother me any more, I think it looks great! The biggest thing is that I can now take a quick glance at my wrist and see everything that I need to without any fidgeting around.

In the end, I wanted this watch to be as "utilitarian" as possible, and having to constantly adjust my viewing angle or use the backlight to see anything proved to be a deal-breaker for me. The watch does look great though, so if you're able to get past that major issue (or perhaps the watch I received was especially bad) then maybe this is still the watch for you!
11 comment26 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2015
I rarely leave review on products, but felt the need to do so with this watch - considering how excellent this deal is for this Pathfinder. If you're hesitating because of negative reviews about the visibility of the screen, stop hesitating. At most viewing angles, I have no trouble with seeing all the indications on the screen. I've attached a photo (pretty much the angle I would use to look at the watch). The black body with green accents is very nice. The watch feels sturdy and is relatively lightweight. Functionality takes a little study to understand, but the watch is very feature packed. A great buy!
review image
on July 29, 2011
My husband owned a rugged Casio watch when he was a police officer because it was black and could take a beating. He loved that watch. The battery had finally gone dead in it and we thought about just getting another battery. But after having it for so many years, it looked like it had been through the ringer. So I talked him into getting a new watch to celebrate his new job as a federal park ranger. We shopped around and he liked this watch alot, so I got to work on finding the best deal and I found it here. Its a large watch and has lots of gadgets that I would probably never use, but he loves it. He especially loves that it's solar powered because he's outside all day long. Its a great looking watch too. It seems to be very rugged and exactly what he needs.
on June 15, 2012
This watch has the easiest face to read of any watch that I've ever owned. The black numerals/info contrast perfectly to the green background. Watch fits my wrist perfectly. Altimeter and barometer work perfectly. Of the 10+ watches I own, this one is on my wrist the most.... by far.....
on June 19, 2013
I loved this watch on paper, but when it arrived I was very disappointed. The feature set it fantastic, this watch does everything. The problem I had is with this specific watch model: If you don't look at the face at the perfect angle, the face is almost impossible to read. If Casio could increase the visibility of the face, this would be a great product.
on October 25, 2014
This watch is a leader in its class. Compared to the Suunto its equal. The sensors are accurate. I am in the military and have fine tune all 4 sensors. The book teaches everything about this. I love this watch and the display. Some say the display is difficult to see...maybe in a darkened environment with out the light function, sure. Just click the light? When I am in the sun its super clear and bright. The watch looks amazing and has great detail put into it. This is my favorite watch from Casio...bonus....ITS SOLAR!!!
on November 25, 2013
I love the watch for the price and function. However, if you are looking for a tactical watch and plan to use this one with a topo map, it is very reflective and the altimeter is off by a 100 meters or less. I cant say how accurate the barometer is, but it does work well enough to inform me of weather change which is nice when hiking a mountain. The compass is pretty spot on, when i progamed the watch i added the magnetic declination and it seems to stay true. Overall this watch is a great buy period.
on March 2, 2014
Im an avid outdoorsman and I bought this watch as a back up to my compass. I was pleasently surprised and how accurate and easy it was to use, I now find myself using it more then my tradtional compass. The barometer and altimeter are a great addition and i find them very accurate. The watch face is very large and easy to read. The solar battery charges very well both outdoors and indoors. Whatever your outdoor likes are you will defiently find this watch very usefull.
on February 3, 2013
This is a g-shock on steroids. I bought this for my son in the Army. He is yet to receive it, but I think he will be thrilled with it. This is way beyond a timepiece with great looks. This is a tool that will enable a soldier or an outdoorsman to obtain data that can be quite useful. Then you add in the fact that it is solar powered and I think this item is worth many times what it cost me. Heck, a lot of watches cost this amount and only tell time.