5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch that fulfills reasonable expectations
-See comments below for update!-

After being on the edge for a long time, I bit the bullet and purchased the PAG240. I am happy with it for the most part :)

Rather than do a full review, here are some observations/details to supplement other reviews:

-Pictures don't do the watch justice! Look at one in person if you can, or search Youtube...
Published on January 25, 2011 by Arthas

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing features
I bought this watch as a replacement for TIMEX Data Watch (Had for 6 years and loved that watch $65--just wanted something new). Thought the sensor features of the pathfinder would be neat.

Good:
All the sensors are fun to use and work as advertised. You do have to adjust but knew this up front.
Big letters which are great for 50+ eyesight...
Published on February 4, 2012 by tttet

‹ Previous | 18 9 1037 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars really great watch! I like the altimer, August 8, 2014
This review is from: Casio Men's PAG240-1CR "Pathfinder" Triple Sensor Multi-Function Sport Watch (Watch)
really great watch! I like the altimer. When is calibrated, it is pretty accurate. Enjoy the altitude changes when driving up and down...

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Pag240-1CR is an excellent watch., January 4, 2015
Logan (Southern California) - See all my reviews
I own one of these already. Thought mine was broken and brought this one as a backup. I had replaced the 5 batteries inside watch just last year. It was out again so I ordered this watch before I took the other watch back and found out the batteries had failed. Watch maker replaced all five batteries for free no charge for labor. So both watches work. Cost for changing batteries in this watch is $25.00 or more. I love Casio watches and this one is busy. Does a lot of things and has multiple alarms and loads of other stuff. Works for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the bestwatch I have ever had, July 31, 2014
Jim (Grand Junction, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This is the best watch I have ever had. It took me a while to learn how to program it but now it is just fun to work with. The barometer seems to be accurate. The altimeter works great as long as I remember to set the initial elevation and the compass works great after I learned how to program it. The people who rated this watch as 1 or 2 stars have NOT read the manual. The only problem I have with it is the size of the print in the manual. Extremely small, otherwise it is great!

4.0 out of 5 stars 1st Solar one hes owned, hope it holds up, July 29, 2014
My husband is a fireman and it has held up pretty good. The back light stopped working and the other day the compass ring for the outside fell off somewhere. Other than that its working well. I like that its solar so never need to replace the batteries. He likes the pathfinder edition and we buy him a new one about every 5 years. This is his 1st solar so hoping it holds up its only a year old now and 2 things have broken on it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not accurate!!!, March 2, 2014
My brother and I bought two of these from Kohl's. We synched them. ( Review based on both watches) A week later, they were off. Temp gauge is not remotely accurate. Light does not stay on long enough..I don't use the barometer or altimeter. But if the temp is not consistant. I doubt the others will be. Ok watch. We spent about 150.00 each. Wish I would have researched more and forund a real accurate one..-Have had it two years. No real wear or tear. So that's a plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio PAG 240, October 5, 2014
Great watch! Barometer and Compass near perfect in my area. Altimeter not so hot, however my area is not mountainous so that really does not affect me. Sunrise/Sunset times within 1-3 minutes of what actual times are. It's extremely light on the wrist for it's size too. I really like this watch and have had Casio watches in the past. This watch is the best one I've had so far. I would highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the 3rd pathfinder watch that I have had ..., November 21, 2014
Dean A. Hass (Rapid City, SD, US) - See all my reviews
This is the 3rd pathfinder watch that I have had. The only complaint is the volume of the alarms. So soft you might as well not have it on. I can set the watch for a minute away so I know they are going off and have to have the watch almost up to my ear to hear it. They are of no use to me whatsoever. However the alarm capability is not why I purchased these watches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very close to perfect, July 12, 2014
Randall A. Morter (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
This watch does everything I got it for: compass, altimiter, temperature, and sunrise/sunset. I got it to wear when I'm out doing my landscape photography, especially when I'm camping. I really wanted a compass so I can know how a scene will be lit from the rising or setting sun when I'm scouting a location, to know if it's a place I want to try shooting a picture of. I had a hand held compass but was hoping to jettison it from my pack in my attempt to minimize the size of bag I carry around. The compass on this watch is accurate enough to let me know whether a location will be lit in the golden hour.

Along with that, the watch has a sunrise/sunset database or calculation. It's pretty accurate, at least getting me within a half of an hour or so, and that's close enough.

When I'm camping, the altimiter and temperature are interesting pieces of knowledge. Not really necessary, but when I can brag about braving the 40 degree nights in Arizona due to the knowledge imparted by the watch, well, it counts for something.

My only complaint is that it's a complicated watch to adjust. I'm sure I'll start remembering how to adjust it after using it more. The manual suggests re-setting the altimiter every chance you get but half the time I can't remember how to adjust it. The buttons aren't labelled for increasing or decreasing a value. Additionally, one other minor annoyance is that the button to turn on the backlight is itself hard to see or find in the dark. I wish it glowed in the dark.

I also want to mention that I don't use a cell phone. I know that some of the features can be added to a cell phone but 1) you have to have cell phone / data reception for gps info; 2) I don't want a phone with me - I like the isolation when I'm camping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 11, 2014
paola herran gomez (miami, florida, US) - See all my reviews
OK

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have, June 9, 2014
This is the must have watch to have no matter what you're into. Military, hiking, kayaking, camping, etc. I am very happy with my purchase.

‹ Previous | 18 9 1037 | Next ›