5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Watch!!
I read a lot of reviews about this watch prior to buying it. Most of those reviews were good but some of them were bad so after having this for a few weeks now I'd like to mention a few things that may explain the bad reviews that I read. Most people did not seem to be using their heads or just I'll informed.

First I should start off by saying that this watch...
Published 23 months ago by mapper65

3.0 out of 5 stars pag240t7
Love this watch! However, within the first week the titanium band broke twice. After the second time the shop that was repairing it said the band was defective and they didn't want to repair it again. Took it to another shop and they gave me the same answer. I replaced the titanium band with a black resin band from a regular pag240 and its been great since.
Published on May 23, 2012 by J

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Watch!!, January 5, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's PAG240T-7CR "Pathfinder" Triple-Sensor Multi-Function Titanium Watch (Watch)

First I should start off by saying that this watch takes a reasonable amount of intelligence for you to get the most out of it. I have yet to find anything negative about it but you need to keep these things in mind.

Be careful when you size the band or ask someone to size it for you. This band does not use the typical link pins like most watches. You know, the kind that are split and spread out to hold the link pin in place. When you push the pins out of this band, each pin is held captive by a small split barrel that goes into the middle of the inside smallest part of the link. If you push any of the link pins out and you are not careful, that small barrel is going to fall on the floor or roll off of the table never to be found again. That small barrel is split because when the link pin grows through it, it spreads out a little and causes the proper tension to hold the link pin in place inside of the band. If you lose this small barrel the link pin is going to slide through the one side of the band and go right out the other side. If the small barrel falls out just remember it can only go into one side of the smallest part of each link. It won't go into either side, just one side where you can see that the hole has been made larger for this barrel to fit in.

After you get your band adjusted you will need to calibrate the barometer. It will be kind of close right out of the box but not right on. Once you calibrate it, it should stay within a couple of hundredths of your local barometric pressure reading. There are a few places that you can find highly accurate barometric pressure reading in your area. In my area there is a local county airport and on the (NOAA) National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration web page I can find the current barometric pressure reading for this airport. Barometric pressure readings seem to stay fairly accurate within 25 miles or so ofnwhere you live. Barometric pressure is listed on the NOAA website as "altimeter". Why would it be listed as altimeter when we are looking for barometric pressure and not altimeter? Well, that's because when airplanes calibrate their altimeters, it's actually controlled by barometric pressure so when you read altimeter on the NOAA site they are telling pilots to dial that value into their altimeter while they are sitting in the runway. Keep in mind that on the NOAA site, these values usually get updated once every hour. Sometimes when they are updated the reading is delayed by 15 minutes or so. As soon as that value updates on your web page, calibrate your barometer and it should be pretty much right on every time you check it from that point on.

Now for the altimeter. The altimeter on this watch just like in an airplane's altimeter is affected by changes in barometric pressure. Barometric pressure changes constantly. From time to time an hour will go by and barometric pressure will not vary that much. Other times it will rise quickly or fall quickly. If you calibrate your altimeter on this watch and the barometric pressure does not change much then your altitude reading will stay pretty much spot on. If you calibrate it and the barometric really changes drastically then the accuracy of your barometer on this watch will drop in accuracy. In order to properly calibrate the altimeter on your watch you need to have a good reference altitude. What I've done is made notes of the actual altitude of my house, where I work and other locations that I frequent. Now the easiest way to find these reference altitudes is to use Google Earth. Not Google Earth on your iPhone or iPad because that program will not show the actual elevation. On those devices it will only show you how high you are viewing any specific area from. You need to use Google Earth on your computer. That will show you the actual altitude of any place you rest your mouse on. Once you find these reference points you'll need to be at one of them and calibrate your altimeter. You should find that if you set it at your home and drive to where you work the altitude should be correct as long as it's not a day that the barometric pressure is changing rapidly. The altimeter can only be calibrated in increments of 20' so you'll have to pickthe increment that is closest to what Google Earth showed. Also, don't expect to calibrate this on the ground and then fly in a commercial airplane and watch the altitude change. Remember that they pressurize the cabin so your barometric pressure that you will read will be based on cabin pressure and I've already noted that the altimeter is affected by changes in barometric pressure. The altimeter on this watch is mainly meant for hiking and biking, not flying. In a small Cessna it would probably work fine but I wouldn't want to rely on this for landing the plane.

Lets talk about the temperature reading. This temperature sensor is really meant to tell temperature when the watch is off of your wrist. Keep in mind that when you wear the watch and press the barometer button to see the temperature, it's probably going to read around 83 degrees f. That's because the heat from your body has raised the temperature of the watch and the sensor is located inside of the watch. If you take the watch off I have found that it takes about 30 minutes for the watch to read actual air or room temperature. There are some people out there that have attempted to calibrate the sensor so that it takes into consideration their body temperature so they calibrate it to read room temperature while the watch is on their wrist. This is kind of a boneheaded thing to do because your body temperature is going to be affected by a number of factors. Also, if you wear a watch fairly loosly like I do it's not always going to be tight against your wrist so the watch temperature will always be changing.

In order to get the sunrise and sunset feature to be accurate you'll want to read the manual on how to adjust it and again, find your house or city on Google Earth to get the latitude and longitude and put that offset in the watch and you'll read within a few minutes of any of the sunrise and sunset times that you will find on the web for your area.

I'll be honest and say that I haven't adjusted the calibration of the compass. From what I can see it's close enough to my GPS, the compass on my car's mirror and a little handheld compass. I would expect that if I were lost in the woods or anywhere else for that matter I could get headed in the right direction. There are some adjustments that you can make to the compass off of maps but I haven't seen any reasons to calibrate it.

So with all of that said, this is a great watch. The automatic backlight feature works great although I bumped the default time up from one second to two seconds. The power saver feature also works as advertised.

If you are on the fence about buying this watch and bad reviews are what have you on the fence, hopefully I've shed some light on these issues that are really non-issues as long as you are using the watch properly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Men's PAG40-3COS Pathfinder Triple Sensor, December 30, 2010
I'm a watch nut but this particular watch is my favorite. It has a big face but since the metal band is titanium, it is ultra light. Time keeping is perfect. I've had this watch for several weeks now and even though it is not an atomic clock, I have checked it with my atomic clock and it is right on the exact second. It's a fun watch, looks absolutely great and I would rate it a 10 out of 10. It is a solar watch so you'll not have to ever worry about batteries. It's fun to watch the way it works - when you sleep (at night), it sleeps with you. When I put it on every morning the face is blank but as soon as there is just a little amount of light, the digits all appear. It also has an Indiglo style back light if you need to see the time in the dark. Great watch I would certainly recommend it.

William

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Casio wathc!!, November 10, 2010
I researched this watch for a while, but it is pretty new so there was not much info out there. I was worried about the brushed titanium look. The watch looks great! It is very light and comfortable. It is easily sized and can fit small wrists like mine. The ABC functions work well. The buttons are easy to find and use. There are even three raised bumps under the light button to help find it in the dark. The auto light is great as usual, and offers settings from 1 to 3 seconds. The sunrise/sunset function is nice. The duplex LCD display is great. I don't like that the bezel does not click or lock into place; it just turns either way with ease. I also like that in the time display mode you can display either the day of the week, the year, or the barometer graph. I of course refuse to pay near full price, so I bought it when I found it for less than $200.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Casio Men's PAG240T-7CR Pathfinder Triple Sensor Watch", December 6, 2010
"Casio Men's PAG40-3COS Pathfinder Triple Sensor Watch"

The Swiss Army tool of watches. Every watch should have the features this watch has. Even with a large 50 mm case this is a light weight watch. It is so light weight, I barely know it's on my wrist. All the sensors have their own large dedicated buttons. I find the barometer/thermometer feature very convenient. I never have to wonder or check the weather, I always know what temperature it is at the simple push of a button. And it can predict what the weather will be! The other feature that, I also find convenient to have is the compass. At the simple touch of a button you know which direction your going. This watch at first may make some seem a little timid. A few minutes with the instruction booklet (if you need it) and you will have all your sensors calibrated or to your liking. I prefer Fahrenheit when it comes to temperature settings and not Celsius. This watch will come with the Celsius setting from the factory. I haven't been hiking with it but the altimeter is nice to have so you can track your altitude, cumulative ascent and decent in route to your destination. A feature that some may not consider is the clasp. The clasp is a fold over clasp and secures quite nicely. No worries of it coming lose and losing the watch. The mineral crystal is very thought, I have owned it for weeks now and not a single blemish. This is a watch that you can where to work or play. The watch is more than just watch it's like a computer on your wrist. Finally, and maybe the ultimate feature is that it's solar powered. Never have to worry about battery's again! Amazon.com has the best price on the internet. There may be an unfamiliar website that may have it for a few dollars less but it's not worth the risk. For the piece of mind and price you can't go wrong. If you have any second thoughts about this watch remember this an easy watch to use and has an easy to read instruction booklet. The booklet is a bit thick but most of the information you will not need. The box that it comes in appears to a be "green" box (recycled or Eco-friendly). Which, I find very appeasing that it's environmentally friendly. The Casio engineers did an awesome job on this watch. If you want to be in the know. You will want this watch. I would highly recommend this watch to all military service members.

Note: I have received many questions about getting an accurate temperature reading. You will have to take off the watch and let sit to read the ambient temperature for several minutes to get a precise temperature.

5.0 out of 5 stars This watch is almost like a crystal ball that foresees the future., October 16, 2011
This watch is amazing. It predicts the future! The watch can predict if my joints are going to hurt while looking nice on my wrist. Before I got this watch I did not know what low and high atmospheric pressure meant. Yes I heard it thousand of times on TV but I had no idea that the atmospheric pressure was so important and that is had to do so much with the weather patterns. The only thing I knew is that when the weather was bad my joints would hurt. Now I know why.
The compass feature works. It will show me the right way and works perfectly. The altimeter feature is awesome, it will tell me when I will run out air and will get very tired easily. I is almost like a crystal ball that foresees the future.

The sunrise sunset time feature is great. It tells me how many hours of sunlight in a particular day of the year I will have. Nice feature if you do not want to be stuck in the dark. Please note that the default sunset and sunrise calculation is Japan. You will have to read the manual to find your place in the world and set the watch correctly.

The world time feature will show you where in the world is 5 pm so you get out of work.

The titanium band will ensure I do not have to worry about it for several years. My other plastic and metal solar watches bands always go bad before the watch does. I own several solar watches with broken plastic and metal bands. Just one word of advice, if you are removing the links your self to resize the band, be very careful with a little spacer that holds the pin inside the link. If you loose that, the pin will not stay put and the link will be useless. I learned the hard way. Watch carefully where the tiny cylindrical spacer goes and how it works.

Solar watches are the way to go. My oldest solar watch is twelve years old and still works. I will never buy a battery operated watch, what a waste of money and time.

I spend all day watching my watch. It is interesting observing the atmospheric pressure graph. It shows you the atmospheric fluctuations every two hours and displays it in a tiny graph in the watch. The temperature sensor is not very accurate if you leave the watch in your wrist. You can adjust the reading but you will have to read the big tiny manual to learn all the crystal ball's secrets.

Enjoy it, it is a fun watch to own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best watch I ever owned, April 16, 2012
Beats every hi end watch hands down. I rarely spend over $500 for a watch but have owned several Seikos in that price range. This Pathfinder is fantastic and beats every brand and type of watch I have ever owned. In the Army Rangers, I/we used Seikos for accuracy and as a macho thing. I wish this watch would have been available back then. It is incredibly accurate, never runs out of power is tough titanium and classy as can be. I'm retired now and partially disabled so cannot use the bells and whistles like I wish but we have 20 acres in farm and woods and this thing is incredible for the 'survival' tools included. I have another Casio Sport Pathfinder that I misplaced. It has almost the same bells and whistles as the Titanium but is made from durable black plastic/rubber. I wore it when doing the rough stuff as to not damage my 'nicer' watches. I missed it so much I went for the Titanium Pathfinder and am glad I misplaced the Sport. I never take off the Titanium even when doing the rough stuff outside. It is incredibly resistant, never seems to scratch and all I do is wipe it down and my wife and I can go to church or a nice restaurant. I get more complements for this than for any other watch I have ever owned. We found my Sport Pathfinder and I feel guilty. Like I bought home a new puppy that is a favorite and the ol reliable has to sit alone and is lucky to be put by a window to recharge the solar battery. I didn't mind finding new homes for my pretty Seikos but I can't give up my Sport. Reminds me to much of the Titanium.
If you like the outdoors and NEED to keep accurate time, the Casio Pathfinder is a must.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, no so great titanium bracelet., March 30, 2011
Watch is good, although I like the look of the regular version better, but I got this one at a really good deal, it's so far the best casio I've ever had. Other ppl have talked about the great things of this watch, let me tell you something that I think is not so great.

1st, the bracelet is not solid tatinium, this is the biggest complaint so far, it's just thin tatinium plate wrapped over some metal (maybe tatinium), it's light but it does feel kinda cheap, really. It was priced at $300 so I really think they should put solid tatinium bracelet on it, and it wouldn't add any extra weight;
2nd, it uses pins instead of screws to attach the band to the watch, so it makes it incompatible to the resin brand they use on other models I think (for those of you who know better about this watch, please correct me if I'm wrong);
3rd, the compass ring turns pretty smooth, but doesn't click while being turned, so it's kinda hard to keep it in place, whenever it catches my sleeve, it moves, so I have to keep turning the red "N" back to the 12 o'clock position;

Besides these, I have a question that I wish you can tell me: which part of this watch is tatinium besides the bracelet? because to me, the watch bezel looks just like plastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great function watch, September 15, 2011
To summarize: light, useful, can take muzzle blast from an AR like a champ.

I was searching for a good function watch (as opposed to luxury/dress watch) to wear actively and casually. More specifically, I needed a solid digital watch that could withstand a lot of activity and wouldn't crap out on me (worth noting that analog watches don't take muzzle blasts very well).

First thing I noticed about the Pathfinder 3246 was variety of features Casio managed to stuff into a wristwatch. Of course, half these tools may not have an immediate need but, much like any toolset, it's better to have the tools ready and available than not. Second thing I noticed is the generally positive reviews that Amazon users gave the product and it was enough to sell me.

Took two days for the item to be shipped to me, technically one since I got the shipping invoice a day before it arrived at my doorstep. First thing I noticed was how much bigger the face was. Most everyone in advertising sizes up their products to look larger than they actually are, like Big Macs or... stuff, but the Pathfinder 3246 did surprise me. Suppose a big face is to be expected with all those features.

Being a Houston native, I find myself using the compass feature more often than I should. Directions can be a bit confusing in a big city and the compass definitely helps, and it's amusing as hell.

Do plan on reading the user manual if you decide to purchase this product, but if you're a guy like me ya probably do that anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Titanium Manliness, September 15, 2013
Lembach (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
When this watch was delivered, I opened the box to discover it had grown a foot long beard in the 2 day transit. THAT'S how manly this watch is. I will never need any of the features this watch has besides the time/date, but when the Zombie Apocalypse comes, I WILL be ready. Seriously though, I like this watch for its looks and I kind of have a thing for collecting titanium items. There are reviews that cover the specifics way better than I could. I bought this watch based on mapper65's review and he was accurate on all points (I apparently had an easier time adjusting the band, though. It was pretty easy if you're careful.). This is the most expensive watch I've ever bought and I have no buyer's remorse at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect watch!, November 8, 2014
I love my Casio Pathfinder watch! I bought this last year during an amazing sale on Amazon. I've long been a fan of Casio watches and I've absolutely fallen in love with the solar models. It all started one horrible afternoon when I took my older G-Shock into RadioShack and watched in horror as the girl behind the counter spilled its insides out onto the counter before telling me she had no idea how to put it back together again. It was traumatic. I still have nightmares.

I'm by no means a watch snob, but I am very proud to show off my Pathfinder to anyone who seems to enjoy watches. I've also had countless compliments from strangers. It's a great watch that works well in many situations. It's dressy enough to pull off on date nights and formal dinners, while still being a great watch for camping and hiking with the kids. The rugged titanium design is metal detector safe - meaning I don't have to take it off when I pass through security checkpoints at work or the airport, a huge plus! I consider myself fairly active and rough and tumble at times, but this watch hasn't suffered a single scratch in the seven or eight months I've had it. And, like I mentioned before, I don't take it off when I get my hands dirty.

Definitely a keeper and a watch I would highly recommend without hesitation!