5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Watch!!
I read a lot of reviews about this watch prior to buying it. Most of those reviews were good but some of them were bad so after having this for a few weeks now I'd like to mention a few things that may explain the bad reviews that I read. Most people did not seem to be using their heads or just I'll informed.

First I should start off by saying that this watch...
Published 24 months ago by mapper65

3.0 out of 5 stars pag240t7
Love this watch! However, within the first week the titanium band broke twice. After the second time the shop that was repairing it said the band was defective and they didn't want to repair it again. Took it to another shop and they gave me the same answer. I replaced the titanium band with a black resin band from a regular pag240 and its been great since.
Published on May 23, 2012 by J

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch. Functions well and is easy to calibrate, September 9, 2014
This review is from: Casio Men's PAG240T-7CR "Pathfinder" Triple-Sensor Multi-Function Titanium Watch (Watch)
Awesome watch. Functions well and is easy to calibrate. Wouldn't recommend to people with small arms, hands, wrists. May not look as good as it does on a man sized arm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Titanium Casio Pathfinder watch, April 22, 2012
This watch is above and beyond what a watch could be. It has a lot of bells and whistles which the small fat included manual explains in good detail and will take some getting used to. Not all features are as useful as others. Being as the watch automatically updates, the time is never off. 100% accurate, not so sure, but is within seconds. The only 2 downsides as I see it, if there is any, is the price and the face size. However both are not that bad to negate my purchase. I've only had the watch for a couple of weeks so any long term performance will have to be determined later.

4.0 out of 5 stars Casio Pathfinder, January 19, 2012
The functions of this watch are great. Compass works well, barometer works well, Altimeter works well, Solar charger works well and time is correct. Anyone who claims that Barometer reads incorrectly probably has not taken it off their wrist. Think about it, how can the barometer get an accurate reading while directly placed on your body heated wrist. Take it off and allow some time for it to get actual reading. Read the instructions and follow them, I have had great readings from all functions of this watch. I take it hiking, hunting, camping, fishing and outdoors mostly and love it. I have one complaint and look forward to fixing that with an easy watchband switch. I am not a big fan of the titanium watchband, it easily comes unsnapped and almost caused me to lose this watch on a couple separate accounts. I finally learned to use a small piece of duck tape when I go on my hikes to strap around the latch (works well). I will be soon replacing band with a nylon or leather band that is more secure. Other than the titanium band, I love this watch. Main thing: If you want correct readings, follow instructions!

Update 10-10-12: I used my pliers to carefully crimp the band connector (or whatever it is called) and it now locks perfectly. I actually love the band now and have not had a single problem with it. Another cool factor: I found a setting that initiates the night light when you flick your wrist......! Totally cool and useful! I love this watch! Expensive, but you get what you pay for.

3.0 out of 5 stars pag240t7, May 23, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, December 4, 2011
Im really happy with the watch itself. The only downfall was that the first day i wore it a pin slipped out of the band and luckily a friend noticed it had dropped to the ground. Once i had it repaired it happened again but a different link so i therefore had the whole bands pins replaced. A real hassle. No Casio watch has ever done this to me before.The watch itself is fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch!, April 21, 2014
We purchased this for my son for Christmas and he loves it. My son can be pretty hard on watches (he's an engineering student and a Mr. Fixit), but so far this one has held up very well and we've had no problems with it. Sizing it is easy as any extra links can be removed (we took it to a watch shop to size it). My son has a metal allergy and can't wear most watches with metal bands; however, the titanium in this watch hasn't affected him. He loves all the features, it's easy to operate, and has a very readable display.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch but..., September 21, 2012
I really like this watch and would have given it given it 5 stars but...

The alarm loudness is so low as to be of no use whatsoever. The faint sound can barely be heard in a very quiet environment, such as a library, and it's going off would certainly not elicit a complaint from the librarian. I do not understand why they bothered to even include the alarm function.

So if you do not need an alarm function, this is a really great watch. If you need audible alarms, look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars PAG240T-7CR Outstanding, June 24, 2013
Arrived one day earlier than expected. Packaging was more than adequate. Watch came out of the box with a high charge. I downloaded the user manual to my phone so I can zoom in on processes. I learn a little more each day. You really really really need to read the manual. You have to look at it like a computer because that is what it is. If you don't like to read at least watch some YouTube videos before you give a bad rating. I have gone the Timex, Armitron, and Under Armor route and was always disappointed with the resin bands and Timex screen failure. My past experiences drove me to this model. The titanium band is great looking and a deal. If I had gone cheap and bought a resin band model - I would have saved $34. I have never had a resin band last more than a year. A replacement titanium costs about $139. This watch is a quality product. I feel like I have an outstanding watch that will serve my needs for years to come. Also, I made sure I did not get atomic timekeeping because I set my watch 6 minutes fast. I did not want to have to reset it daily if I allowed it to receive data from the mother ship. Extremely happy with this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, surprisingly light, October 29, 2012
I'm really happy I purchased this watch. I had it on my Wish List for quite some time. When they went on sale, I decided to finally get one.

My first impression was that I was really surprised how light the watch is. For some reason I thought it was going to be a lot heavier.

I like everything about this thing. The controls are easy and intuitive (I did read most of the manual, though, to make sure I wasn't missing out on any features). I had everything set in a matter of minutes. I found that the temperature reading is about 15º off compared to what it actually is in my apartment but his expected since my wrist will skew the reading. The compass seemed on out of the box but I do plan on calibrating it just to make sure.

When I was removing a link to resize the band I didn't know about the little sleeves that hold the pins in. Luckily I was able to find them on the floor with a flashlight. If you are going to remove links yourself, be very, very careful with the sleeves. They are tiny.

Overall, this is a great watch and I only wish I bought one sooner!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly good watch with critical flaws - bracelet problems., September 9, 2014
Great overall features. Not as full-featured as the "top" ProTreks/Pathfinders, but still great. Had to return it (and the 2 stars knocked off) because of the qeustionable bracelet. Not a full titanium watch (as I eventually discovered) but just plastic watch case, an outer cladding of titanium for the bracelet (unknown inner material), plus the weak looking pins that hold the bracelet to the watch case. Not worth the chance. And disingenuously advertised. Sent it back.

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›