4.0 out of 5 stars Good Time
The learning curve on this watch if you use it for fishing may take some time. The moon phase is nice to know about and the sunrise and sunset is pretty cool too, but I didn't give this watch 5 stars because for the money it didn't give me the one option I used more than any other on previous cheaper watches, a timer. This one has the stopwatch but there is no timer you...
Published on July 10, 2005 by Chuck

3.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, band won't work for small wrists and can't be replaced
I liked this watch and all it does. I'm a guy with a small wrist, so the size of the face is perfect. However, the band, does not adjust down to my wrist size( 7 1/4). Also, Casio doesn't make a different replacement band, and the face is so unique you can't buy an after-market band because it won't fit. Sadly, I had to return the watch because I can't use it.
Published on March 21, 2010 by Jake T.

‹ Previous | 1 2 378 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Med reminder, March 6, 2008
If you need reminding to take medication up to 5 times a day and your hearing is such that "beeps" cannot be heard, this is the ticket.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great watch...expensive band, July 30, 2010
This review is from: Casio Men's PAS400B-5V "Pathfinder" Resin Fishing Watch With Brown Canvas Band (Watch)
I really like my pathfinder watch. I got it about 7 months ago and have been wearing it almost every day since then. I love the vibration feature. I can set up to five alarms when I am at work, or in any quiet place, that will alert me without disturbing those around me. It also vibrates on the hour to keep me on track. The back light feature also works well, it even has a cool feature that turns on the back light when you tilt your wrist.
I would have given this watch five stars except for one annoying feature; the end of the band is a unique shape and I have had trouble finding a replacement band at a reasonable price. So far, the only ones I have found are almost as expensive as just buying another watch. So, if you want a good watch with a vibration feature this one works pretty well, but if you want to customize your watch band or replace the band when it gets old, the design might frustrate you.
Update:
In just under a year it vibrated itself to bits. Granted, the last vibrating watch I owned (the Vibralight) did the same thing but it is disappointing Casio could not find a stronger material to make the housing out of. One day I was wearing it and it just fell off of my wrist. The housing around the vibration alarm had cracked and it is not repairable.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this watch, November 23, 2008
This is a nice watch. Easy to read the display and to understand the display. I like all the moon information. The vibrating alarms are great, although I'm not certain it will wake you up. It will also vibrate every hour, if you want it to. It has a timer that can be paused and restarted. The setup is easy but you'll have to go online to find your longitude and latitude and zone number. The watch band is comfortable and I think looks very nice. I never fish, so you don't have to be a fisherman to enjoy it. It would be great for astronomers and anyone who just would like to know what the moon is up to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice watch, good looking & easy to use., June 15, 2012
This is one of the better watches that I've had. The only thing that I'm not real crazy about is its pretty thick and sticks up on my wrist higher than is really comfortable. But, this does allow it to have bigger buttons on the sides that are easier to use than the tiny little pin heads on some of the other watches I've had.

As for setting it up, that was real easy to do also. The instruction book had me a little worried when I first seen it. It's pretty thick for a simple watch but then it is in three languages, English, Spanish, and French. It seems a little complicated at first but if you can work any other watch this one shouldn't be any problem. You need to have the right coordinates for where you are, longitude & latitude, to have the watch give you accurate times for sunrise & sunset, and fishing/hunting times. There are several cities listed at the end of the book that can get you close if you live near one of them. I'm lucky, Denver Colorado is listed and I live about 120 miles south of Denver.

Besides the Fishing/Hunting times it has another function that I haven't seen before. It has a "time memo" button that you can use to mark the time that you caught a fish, bagged some game, or mark the time for anything else you need. The "time memo" records the time, date, & moon phase. You can record up to 40 time memo's. After recording 40 time memo's if you record a new one it deletes the oldest one. For me I will use it to mark when I take my medication for pain management. I've used the stop watch on my old watch for that but this will be easier to use. There's one function that it doesn't have that most multifunction watches have and that's a count down timer. But the stop watch works just as well for that or the easy to set alarms.

The vibrate alarm is something that I haven't had on a watch before and it's really nice. I have bad industrial hearing loss from working in machine shops for over 20 years and my hearing in the higher ranges is completely gone. The high pitched beep of the usual watch alarm is impossible for me to hear. I had one watch that had a very loud but high pitched beep that I couldn't hear. Some how an alarm was set on it for 11:30 AM and got me a lot of funny looks when it went off during Church service. I used the vibrate alarm this morning and it worked fine to wake me up. But, its not completely silent. What ever makes the vibration also makes a soft low pitch buzz that I can hear. But its nothing like the beep alarm and isn't very noticeable.

The light in it is very bright and easy to see. If its dark enough you can see the watch face continue to softly glow for several seconds after the light goes out. And the light itself is bright enough to see something like the key hole in your door to unlock it at night. The light can also be set to turn on automatically when the watch is moved from vertical to flat when you hold your wrist up to see the time. But, that can also be distracting when driving at night, or in the movie theater or something like that. And it will also shorten the battery life. It is easy to turn this function on and off. You just press the light button and hold it down for a couple of seconds to turn the auto function on and off. I had another watch that has the auto light but it was some complicated thing to turn it on and off. After I lost the book for the watch I never could figure out how to turn the automatic light on. At least I didn't get it turned on and couldn't get it to turn off.

The band on it is a bit stiff and a little difficult to get it buckled the first few times. The strap with the holes has a narrow plastic strip sewn inside it making it pretty stiff. The band itself is made of a heavy but soft nylon canvas like material. After wearing it long enough it molds to your wrist and is pretty comfortable. It's pretty long too. My wrist is about 8 inches around and it still has a few holes left after I put it on. From the end of the buckle to the last hole in the band is 9 3/8 inches or just under 24cm.

One other thing I like about this watch is the ring around the face of it. The surface of the lens is recessed below the chrome ring around it. This will help protect the lens from getting scratched or possibly cracked. I've had other watches with the bubble shaped lens over it that got rubbed and hit by everything it came near to causing all sorts of scratches in it. It wasn't long before it was hard to see through and tell what time it was. The raised ring around this one wont protect it from everything but it will protect the lens from casual contact with things like walls and doorways and things like that as you walk by or through them.

Overall I think this is a very nice watch that was well designed to be easy to use. It looks like a outdoors sportsman watch without that clunky look. And the combination leather & nylon band looks a lot better than the solid plastic band on a lot of watches. If it just wasn't quite so thick and was water proof it would be the perfect watch. But even though its a bit on the fat side I still love this watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mens Casio Forester Fishing Timer Brown Band, May 13, 2007
Love this watch. Wished it had a count down timer instead of a count up. I don't use the memo mode. I like the muliple alarms. Too high a profile on my wrist. With the down sides I could only give it 4 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good watch but problem with moon rise and set times, November 7, 2010
Pickles (Statesboro, GA USA) - See all my reviews
I withheld one star for a possible accuracy problem I will describe later. Otherwise, the watch is a great value. It is comfortable, looks nice, has a plenty large enough band for fat wrists, and several very useful functions for fisherman. For example, a memo feature allows you to record (with a single button press) a catch time for each fish taken.

So while I believe the watch is clearly worth the money at the Amazon price (and it goes for 50 bucks at Bass Pro), there is an issue that may bother some. I set the "home date" consisting of lat, longitude, and GMT differential for Tybee Island, GA, where I do most of my fishing. By comparing the watch numbers with reliable charts available on the web, I can conclude the following: The times for sunrise, sunset, moon overhead, and moon directly under are spot on, within about 5 minutes (and the watch does round to the nearest 5 minutes) to the exact times. On the other hand, the East and West transit times, which I take to mean moonrise and moonset times, wobble in and out of correct time with errors up to an hour. I suspect that the watch just does something simple using the high and low transit times, which leads to these errors.

My wife thinks I am being way to picky in my complaint. Maybe so. But it is still a great watch and I would buy another if anything happened to this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars unique watch, excellent value, December 2, 2010
I actually don't like fishing at all, I bought this watch for its 5 vibrating alarms. I have very different schedules on different days of the week, and I needed a way to remind myself each day without disturbing the class if the alarm for a different day went off. It's been very helpful in that respect, with 5 alarms, so I can set it for only a particular day, and it has the option of using vibrate (not each one individually-either all beep or all vibrate), so even if I set an alarm for every day it won't disturb. Aside from the date (which I never remember), the other features are just kind of cool curiosities for me (sunset/sunrise, moon phase, fishing times, stopwatch), but I love the bragging rights of having a watch that tells you when to go fishing! The price is also excellent, much cheaper than many other multi-alarm watches I've seen (at least here on Amazon).

The only drawback I find is that it's kind of big and thick, so it's hard to fit under the sleeve of a button-down shirt, which is what I wear most of the time. It also doesn't have a countdown timer, but I can usually just set one of the alarms for the time I want. If it had a countdown timer and were a little thinner it would get five stars.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone for whom a timer isn't crucial.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch is great... band is not so good, there is another band that fits, January 24, 2014
This review is from: Pro Trek Men's PAS400B-5V (Watch)
I have purchased two Casio Pathfinder watches in the last 3 or four years. The watches are great, the crystal is protected from scratching and I am rough on my watches. The bands are not so good, they wear out in about a year and a replacement band is almost as expensive as replacing the watch and band. The bands are buckle or velcro and are much too long for my wrist (they look bad any way you trim them). I purchased this band (Mens Rubbertech (TM) Silicone Rubber Watchband Stainless Steel Deployment Buckle - by JP Leatherworks) hoping to modify it to fit the Pathfinder watches. I used a Dremel type tool to narrow the watch mount a little and an exacto blade to cut the center out of the band(where it mounts to the watch). It worked perfectly! The band seems strong enough with its center removed and it looks and feels better than the factory bands, plus it fits!!! I'll try to attach a picture soon. The silicone rubber band cuts easily so be careful and take it slow.

It's been almost 6 months since I replaced the band and it is still like new! No tears or wear. It does not collect dirt like the original. The clasp is still like new, actually the watch shows more wear than the band! I am hard on my watch, and this combination has held up great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, January 30, 2009
David L. Howell (Bonaire Georgia USA) - See all my reviews
I had a previous version of this product and enjoyed it for many years. This watch seems to have better features and battery life. I enjoy the sunrise/sundown feature and the moon/fishing info. The features and price of this watch are fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW HAPPPY CAMPER ME, June 2, 2010
WOW what a nice gift and I wanted this as soon as I saw it.It is very nice ,over the top and to tell you when to fish the best hrs, that is just great for a fisherman.The little book that comes with it was not little,this watch does everything except catch the fish and cook it .Very nice price for a wow of a watch.Very nice watch and speed delivery.It was here quick and on time and that really mattered.thanks all . WOW happy camper me

‹ Previous | 1 2 378 | Next ›