5.0 out of 5 stars Wake up in time
Published on May 12, 2007 by R. Potter

2.0 out of 5 stars One critical feature is not to my expectations
This seems to be a good watch full of functions. However, the only reason I bought it was the vibrating alarm. I get up very early and wanted not to wake up my wife with the regular beeping alarm.

Published on September 17, 2007 by Sergei

5.0 out of 5 stars Wake up in time, May 12, 2007
I bought this watch for one reason: to wake me up in the morning -- but without waking my wife at the same time. I avoid the usual alarms that sound off -- I want a "private" alarm that wakes only me. This vibrating watch does this perfectly. It has at least 4 alarms, and I use 3 to wake me in 10 minute intervals, to be sure I come awake. Once you know the sequence of buttons to push, it's easy to set the alarm and to turn them off (for example, at the weekend, when I sleep later). The construction is good, the backlighting is good, and the strap is very strong and easy to fasten (with Velcro). I don't use this for "hunting," which is the purpose given to this watch -- there are all kinds of other functions avauilable that I don't use. But for my purposes, it is perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully functional, August 6, 2007
E. Kelch (Alexandria, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I too bought this as a silent alarm, but I am enjoying the additional features (such as moon phase). This watch is an embarrassment of riches: I can't believe there are five alarms, back lighting, timers, water resistance, and all the hunting and fishing settings for such a little price! I've previously paid twice as much for a Timex Indiglo that did less. I wish I'd had this watch when I was in the army.

I would give this watch five stars if the settings were more intuitive. I had to sit with the instruction booklet to program it to my location; I also needed the instructions to set the alarms. Neither task was too hard, but usually I can figure such things out on my own. This watch isn't that simple.

By the way, this watch is too big for my wrist both in dial-size and strap length (I'm a 5'10" woman), and it's extremely homely. However, I don't think that should be held against a men's hunting/fishing watch. All in all, this watch is very pleasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wakes Up This Old Bear, December 2, 2008
This review is from: Casio Men's PAS410B-5V Pathfinder Moon Phase Hunting Timer Watch (Watch)
After considerable research of vibrating alarm watches, I bought this little item on Amazon and have used it now for about a month. It has far exceeded all of my expectations. I sleep best with ear plugs (I like Rite Aid Foam Ear Plugs, 50 pr, which I buy 50 pair at a time)and so either must wake without an alarm, or rely upon my angel wife to set her alarm and awaken me. The first night I set four of the five alarms at one minute intervals, worried that I wouldn't feel the vibration. I needn't have worried, as a single alarm will wake me from the most profound slumber. In fact, so effective is the vibrator that I worry that the shaking will also awaken my wife, although she swears that she doesn't notice it.

I couldn't be more pleased with this little item.

Three Months Later.... An Update

After using this watch every night for the past three plus months, I am more pleased than ever. In fact, so attached am I to this watch and so much a part of my daily and nightly routine has it become that I am tempted to buy a second identical model "just in case" something should happen to the first watch in the future. In the more than 100 nights I have used it, it has never once failed to waken me, and by the same token, it has not wakened my sleeping wife a single time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for rough activities as well as hunting, June 9, 2009
J. R. Williams (San Antonio, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I've had this watch for a little over two years now and am extremely pleased with it. I did buy this originally for hunting.

PRO: Hunting timer gives you the both major and minor movement times for the current date as well as future dates (both with audible or vibrating alarms)

PRO: Sunrise and Sunset timers allow plannin for the day's hunt

PRO: Multiple Alarms (vibrating and audio) used in conjunction with the sunrise and sunset timer allows you to enter legal shooting time starts or when it ends. No one wants to be looking at their watch and calculating legal shooting hours or hearing an audible alarm when you have your prey right in front of you. Also give's you ability to set other reminder alarms.

Pro: Moon phase is nice, especially when I don't have my GPS (which has all these timers/calculators as well), I like to plan my hunts to be as close as I can to the new moon for deer and full moon for hog.

PRO: Very durrable. I wear it while beating through the brush, moderate to heavy yard work. No problems yet.

Con: My vision is not 20/20 up close. If I'm not wearing my glasses or contacts, it's hard for me to read anything other the time fields. Since my far vision is 20/20, I don't like wearing the contacts or glasses.

Con: Watch band configuration is not the best, and not easily replaced. 3 wallmarts and one bass pro did not have a replacement band. It has to be bought directly from Casio for $19.95.

4.0 out of 5 stars This Is Not A Paid Political Announcement, February 2, 2007
I really like this watch. I finally figured out how to set the hunting features. A rocket scientist I am not. I am still not sure about the memo thing. The vibration is great. I can't always hear a watches "beep", but this watch, when the alarms vibrate get my attention. Great for anyone who

takes medications or insulin. I recommend it. It is working perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch!, August 8, 2007
I got this watch for my son who has difficulty keeping track of the time and misses appointments sometimes. I purchased this watch specifically for the vibrate alarm feature so the alarm will help him keep appointments but not disturb others. I am sure we are not using most of the features, but so far, he loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A mild electric shock, April 6, 2010
I bought this watch for one reason...to find out when sunrise and sunset was.
Not because I'm a hunter or a fisherman, which I'm not, but for photography and
general viewing purposes. It's nice to watch a sunset or sunrise, and it's nice
knowing precisely when it is.

I owned this watch for about a year before I realised it had a vibrating function.
True, I am a bone head, and when I first used this function it scarred the living
bejesuses out of me. I'll tell you a little trick. Set the vibrating buzzer at one
minute intervals for your normal getting up time in the morning and wear the watch to
bed. Don't worry, you won't sleep in.

The velcro band is interesting. Partial camouflaging so the animals don't see your
wrist watch, and has a little leather catch so the velcro band dosn't rip off when
your scurrying through the scrub, ducking and weaving dangerous game. Of course having
set the vibrating buzzer to alarm you when game is on the move, otherwise an audible
alarm would scare them off and you would have to have takeaway that night for dinner
instead of a bear burger.

It has all the bells and whistles you would expect from a Casio, and the moon phase indicator
has more moon info than most other moon phase watches. The telememo, although I don't use it,
is there to record your catch of deer, bears and big red kangaroos. Don't eat them all at once.

I think this is a fun watch not to be taken seriously and would make a great addition to anyones watch collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Reliable Watch!, November 1, 2012
I have had many casio watches over the years and when my friend, who has a casio fishing watch, told me there was a hunting watch I was anxious to try it. I purchased mine back in March and it has been one of the best watches I have owned. I admit I was skeptical about the paw prints and how they would tell you the best times to hunt, but through all the times it has been reliable and surprisingly accurate on when animals were on the move , even when you wouldn't think nothing was stirring. I owe many of successful hunts and adventures to this watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars A watch to wake up to., January 17, 2008
G. Evans (Marine City, MI United States) - See all my reviews
I've had this watch for several years and it has never let me down. The alarm on this watch is loud enough that this is the only alarm I need to wake up. Apart from the occasional arm-under-the-pillow I always wake up to the alarm. Timekeeping is only off by several second a month, which isn't all that bad. The watch band uses velcro and has lasted. Sunrise-sunset along the perimeter is a neat feature. The only down sides are not being able to find a replacement watch band and that the watch is thicker than most. The dial window feels more like plastic than mineral.

2.0 out of 5 stars One critical feature is not to my expectations, September 17, 2007

Unfortunately I discovered that vibrating alarm only lasts for ten seconds sending three just three pulses during that period. There is no way to change how long it lasts. Unless you are very light sleeper this WILL NOT wake you up. I am 0 for 3 so far...

Rate and Discover Movies