Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Shop Popular Services gotS5 gotS5 gotS5  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Learn more

I bought this watch for one reason: to wake me up in the morning -- but without waking my wife at the same time. I avoid the usual alarms that sound off -- I want a "private" alarm that wakes only me. This vibrating watch does this perfectly. It has at least 4 alarms, and I use 3 to wake me in 10 minute intervals, to be sure I come awake. Once you know the sequence of buttons to push, it's easy to set the alarm and to turn them off (for example, at the weekend, when I sleep later). The construction is good, the backlighting is good, and the strap is very strong and easy to fasten (with Velcro). I don't use this for "hunting," which is the purpose given to this watch -- there are all kinds of other functions avauilable that I don't use. But for my purposes, it is perfect.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 6, 2007
I too bought this as a silent alarm, but I am enjoying the additional features (such as moon phase). This watch is an embarrassment of riches: I can't believe there are five alarms, back lighting, timers, water resistance, and all the hunting and fishing settings for such a little price! I've previously paid twice as much for a Timex Indiglo that did less. I wish I'd had this watch when I was in the army.

I would give this watch five stars if the settings were more intuitive. I had to sit with the instruction booklet to program it to my location; I also needed the instructions to set the alarms. Neither task was too hard, but usually I can figure such things out on my own. This watch isn't that simple.

By the way, this watch is too big for my wrist both in dial-size and strap length (I'm a 5'10" woman), and it's extremely homely. However, I don't think that should be held against a men's hunting/fishing watch. All in all, this watch is very pleasing.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon December 2, 2008
After considerable research of vibrating alarm watches, I bought this little item on Amazon and have used it now for about a month. It has far exceeded all of my expectations. I sleep best with ear plugs (I like Rite Aid Foam Ear Plugs, 50 pr, which I buy 50 pair at a time)and so either must wake without an alarm, or rely upon my angel wife to set her alarm and awaken me. The first night I set four of the five alarms at one minute intervals, worried that I wouldn't feel the vibration. I needn't have worried, as a single alarm will wake me from the most profound slumber. In fact, so effective is the vibrator that I worry that the shaking will also awaken my wife, although she swears that she doesn't notice it.

I couldn't be more pleased with this little item.

Three Months Later.... An Update

After using this watch every night for the past three plus months, I am more pleased than ever. In fact, so attached am I to this watch and so much a part of my daily and nightly routine has it become that I am tempted to buy a second identical model "just in case" something should happen to the first watch in the future. In the more than 100 nights I have used it, it has never once failed to waken me, and by the same token, it has not wakened my sleeping wife a single time.
on June 9, 2009
I've had this watch for a little over two years now and am extremely pleased with it. I did buy this originally for hunting.

PRO: Hunting timer gives you the both major and minor movement times for the current date as well as future dates (both with audible or vibrating alarms)

PRO: Sunrise and Sunset timers allow plannin for the day's hunt

PRO: Multiple Alarms (vibrating and audio) used in conjunction with the sunrise and sunset timer allows you to enter legal shooting time starts or when it ends. No one wants to be looking at their watch and calculating legal shooting hours or hearing an audible alarm when you have your prey right in front of you. Also give's you ability to set other reminder alarms.

Pro: Moon phase is nice, especially when I don't have my GPS (which has all these timers/calculators as well), I like to plan my hunts to be as close as I can to the new moon for deer and full moon for hog.

PRO: Very durrable. I wear it while beating through the brush, moderate to heavy yard work. No problems yet.

Con: My vision is not 20/20 up close. If I'm not wearing my glasses or contacts, it's hard for me to read anything other the time fields. Since my far vision is 20/20, I don't like wearing the contacts or glasses.

Con: Watch band configuration is not the best, and not easily replaced. 3 wallmarts and one bass pro did not have a replacement band. It has to be bought directly from Casio for $19.95.
on February 2, 2007
I really like this watch. I finally figured out how to set the hunting features. A rocket scientist I am not. I am still not sure about the memo thing. The vibration is great. I can't always hear a watches "beep", but this watch, when the alarms vibrate get my attention. Great for anyone who

takes medications or insulin. I recommend it. It is working perfectly.
on August 8, 2007
I got this watch for my son who has difficulty keeping track of the time and misses appointments sometimes. I purchased this watch specifically for the vibrate alarm feature so the alarm will help him keep appointments but not disturb others. I am sure we are not using most of the features, but so far, he loves it!
on January 9, 2009
Been using it for a while cos i need a watch that has a BIG digits, clear digital display with the seconds digits, cos my job requires the exact time and i work until late so i need watch that i can see easily. Plus the light button position is perfect (front). I don't use the hunting or whatsoever functions, but i really loooove the vibrating alarm, cos to be honest those alarm watches are no good for waking me up. The major drawback of this watch is the band is so bloody ugly. The pattern, and folding up the band and using velcro while we have to sneak the tip into it's belt .. i don't think that's a good idea (cos i have a small wrist, and the tip of the band is over the belt). Looks ugly and cheap the band is. But i don't care, the watch itself is great, very very easy to see the time. Other than the band, i totally recommend it if you have the same needs like i do.
review image review image review image review image review image
on November 30, 2012
I found this when looking for a watch with multiple alarms (at Walmart), 7 years ago, for $29.95. Boy was I shocked to see what I got. The biggest watch bang-for-the-buck I could imagine. I use every feature nearly every day - though I do not hunt or fish. I am an amateur astronomer though - and get asked questions ALL the time. 1 button press yields Moonrise, culmination, set and anti-culmination times as well as age of Moon (since last New Moon). A 2nd press gives sunrise/sunset times to 5 minute resolution (Not navigational accuracy, but neither is this expected to be a chronometer!). The memo feature is handy for any kind of quick date/time stamp of an event in progress. I used it for keeping track of time and frequency of a patient's seizure activity. Also to note a chronicaly tardy-to-meeting individual's actual arrival times - to later review the issue - armed with factual examples (It resolved well). I've never run out of memo memory - though I do clear it when I don't need the data there anymore.
I use both the 10-second beeping alarm and the vibrating one. I DO wish one could assign that choice to discreet alarms though.
The Bezel is cool too. It is a 24-hour dial and a pixel flashes at the current time as a representation of the Sun. If you point that flashing pixel at the Sun then "24" is North, "12" is south, "6" east and "18" west. You can also see graphically a picture of the length of daylight vs night, or, when the Moon will be where in the sky.
OK, after 5 years I realised how much I like this watch. The watchband tail-keeping ring had long gone - but I just tuck the end underneath the band (I have a small wrist for a man). Anyway - I got to worrying that something this good would probably be discontinued. Indeed Walmart no longer had any - but I found it online and got a backup piece for about the same price. Now, after 7 years, (still using the original watch) the band came off from the leathery bit and I sewed it back on with needle and thread. But now I want a second backup and I find it here at Amazon - GREAT.
on January 7, 2009
It's the first vibration watch I bought. It works pretty well. I heard that people were saying the vibration alarm is so weak that they need to set up multiple alarms in order to wake them up - it's not the case for me.

It also features a "time memo" function, which allows you to record multiple time points that are appropriate for hunting/fishing activities. I don't use this function at all. But you might be interested.

It does not have a count down timer, which is a shame.

One thing worth mentioning: Although this watch is 330 feet water resistant, its strap isn't. Its manual recommends that you replace the strap if you intend to wear the watch during swimming or diving.
on April 6, 2010
I bought this watch for one reason...to find out when sunrise and sunset was.
Not because I'm a hunter or a fisherman, which I'm not, but for photography and
general viewing purposes. It's nice to watch a sunset or sunrise, and it's nice
knowing precisely when it is.

I owned this watch for about a year before I realised it had a vibrating function.
True, I am a bone head, and when I first used this function it scarred the living
bejesuses out of me. I'll tell you a little trick. Set the vibrating buzzer at one
minute intervals for your normal getting up time in the morning and wear the watch to
bed. Don't worry, you won't sleep in.

The velcro band is interesting. Partial camouflaging so the animals don't see your
wrist watch, and has a little leather catch so the velcro band dosn't rip off when
your scurrying through the scrub, ducking and weaving dangerous game. Of course having
set the vibrating buzzer to alarm you when game is on the move, otherwise an audible
alarm would scare them off and you would have to have takeaway that night for dinner
instead of a bear burger.

It has all the bells and whistles you would expect from a Casio, and the moon phase indicator
has more moon info than most other moon phase watches. The telememo, although I don't use it,
is there to record your catch of deer, bears and big red kangaroos. Don't eat them all at once.

I think this is a fun watch not to be taken seriously and would make a great addition to anyones watch collection.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...