5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect travel alarm clock
Published on November 27, 2007 by D. Tarr

3.0 out of 5 stars A missed target for CASIO
Published on September 22, 2006 by Tony P.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect travel alarm clock, November 27, 2007
I've had one of these for at least ten years, and it's still going strong. I think I've only changed the batteries 3 times, and I use it as my primary alarm clock almost every day. It has traveled with me to at least 3 continents and been through countless airports, train stations, bus stations, docks, suitcases, hotel rooms, and campgrounds, and still sits by my bed every night. The only problems I've had with it are when I've forgotten to set it. I'm tempted to buy another one only because I'm afraid they'll quit making it; I want to be able to replace it when it finally gets crushed or stepped on or lost in transit.

On a more objective level, it has a well laid out display, showing the time, date, day, temperature, and alarm/snooze indicators. The time can swith to 24-hour format, and the temperature can display either in F or C. The snooze button is big enough to hit with my eyes closed. The snooze button also turns on the greenish backlight for 5 seconds or so, letting me see what time it is in the dark. The base flips around and protects the buttons from getting pressed while it's in my bag, which is important as I usually just toss it in with my keys and flashlight and mp3 player and other things with hard pointy bits.

My only real complaint is that the snooze function only waits 5 minutes, I'd prefer about 10. Still, when you're travelling, who wants to sleep in all day? There are things to do! This is small enough to take anywhere no matter how I'm traveling. This is easily the best travel alarm clock I've ever had.

5.0 out of 5 stars great little clock, June 7, 2006
I've owned this clock for several years - it's dependable, durable and reliable. I find it great to have the temperature readout, in both Fahrenheit and Celcius (that way I can whine bi-lingually when it's hot..). I've travelled with it, camped with it, and use it as my everyday bedside alarm. My only complaint is that the snooze button is set for only 5 minutes per "snooze" - hardly enough.

3.0 out of 5 stars A missed target for CASIO, September 22, 2006
Tony P. "Alpha Technoid" (Del Mar, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I've owned a CASIO PQ-10 Travel Alarm Clock for about ten years, traveled with it thousands of miles in my bicycle panniers, and it's still running on the original batteries! The alarm switch finally failed, and I really loved this clock, so I decided to try the PQ-15 as a replacement since the PQ-10 is no longer available. I'm dissapointed - the PQ-15 is more than twice the size and weight (4" tall compared with the PQ-10's 1-3/4" height, uses 2 AAA batteries instead of 2 small watch batteries) and bulges in the back for the battery holder.) With a much larger snooze/LED button, although slightly recessed, its size makes it all too easy to activate the LED display and use up the batteries during travel. I'll keep the PQ-15 for some travel, but I think CASIO took a basic, simple, clean design and went too far. In fairness, the PQ-15 control butons are better spaced and easier to use than the PQ-10, but I wish they would have upgraded the PQ-10 and kept the same form factor.

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing feature makes this ONLY 3 Stars !!!!, March 18, 2010
This review is from: Casio PQ15-1K Travel Alarm Clock with Thermometer (Watch)
I'm a gadget guru. I love gadgets, and when I find something different and unique I'm really happy. So I'm not really happy with this clock. It's MY fault. I didn't take the time to research it's features and I was overwhelmed by the cheap price.

YEAH, it does all the usual stuff, time, date, temp, but what it's missing is the ALARM TIME ON THE FRONT LCD DISPLAY. It also suffers from the the tiny function switch that's very hard to move and the TIME and ALARM settings are reversed. What do set the most? Set the Alarm, well, it's the second click on the sliding function switch. You have to go through TIME SET to get to ALARM SET. Not very ergonomic - in fact not very well designed. Also, the backlight is USELESS. Two little incandescent bulbs try to side light the LCD to NO avail.

I would recommend you buy the La Crosse Technology WT-2165U Travel Alarm Clock here on Amazon. It's a few $$ more, but it has a built in receiver that sets the time automatically from the U.S. Naval station in Ft. Collins, Arizona. I have many of these so called Atomic Clocks in my house, and I carry a version of this clock for business when I travel. MOST important it allows you to display the Alarm Times on the LCD so you can confirm you have the right time set for your wake up call. If you miss the plane, it won't be the clock's fault. The Time Zone setting makes it easy to change the display time when you move from one time zone to another without having to change the clock's time. Lastly it uses 1X AAA battery which is rated for one-year of operation. The Lacrosse WT-2165U is the clock I should have bought.

4.0 out of 5 stars Time: Great Temperature: Not So Great, May 5, 2006
This clock is compact, easy to read, portable, and inexpensive. There seems to be a defect with the thermometer function, however, at least in the one we bought. It was fine for the first couple of days, but on the third day or so it registered the temperature in our house at over 90 degrees farenheit (about 30 degrees higher than the actual level). Probably not worth sending it back for, but disappointing nonetheless.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Clock, November 22, 2007
Dolly (Burlington, VT USA) - See all my reviews
I really love this clock, but didn't realize how perfect it was until I tried to find a similar one for my husband at local stores. I bought it almost 10 years ago. I use it bedside (really great when the power goes off!), but take it when I travel, and so I've bought a couple of other similar ones for my husband. But my husband's beeps as you set it - not great when your wife is asleep. His snooze button is very close to the set button, so when you go to hit snooze in the dark, it can take a few tries to get it right. Another one had confusing controls that made you wake to waves or birds - not loud enough for him, and so annoying to set that he ripped it apart one night in frustration. But the Casio has a nice wide snooze that also turns on the light - great for sleepy fumbling. The temperature is great, esp. when traveling. It's really the perfect clock.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesnt keep time...which is a big deal on a clock, May 31, 2009
This review is from: Casio PQ15-1K Travel Alarm Clock with Thermometer (Watch)
had this around 3 years... at year 2 and since it has been consistently loosing EXACTLY 30 min... its the weirdest thing. we tried new batteries.. no change... never seen anything like it - but frankly who wants to 'add' 30 min to the time every time they want to check the time...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good & Dependable, March 4, 2006
This has got to be the best travel clock I have ever had. I purchased it in the spring of 1997 and it has served me well in my travels to eastern Europe. In that time I have only changed the battery one time. For the price it is very hard to get a better travel clock.

1.0 out of 5 stars Evil, evil alarm!!, October 10, 2007
scientific illustrator (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Wow. Words can't describe the evilness of this alarm clock. It gives you all of 7 seconds (yes, I timed it) to wake up to the calm beep... beep... beep... of a normal alarm clock. Then it busts into a heart-attack-inducing frantic "bee-bee-bee-bee-bee-bee" which should only be reserved for the most shameless snoozers. The only thing it wakes in me is an irresistible urge to throw it out the window.

Unless you need the equivalent of a jumbo jet flying through your bedroom to wake you up, I'd recommend trying something else. Good grief!

1.0 out of 5 stars Tiny buttons, June 2, 2010
This review is from: Casio PQ15-1K Travel Alarm Clock with Thermometer (Watch)
I am quite sure, knowing the Casio name, that the alarm will work out. The set up
buttons, especially the button to turn the alarm on and off, are extraordinarily difficult
to manipulate. Downward and simultaneous lateral pressure is required.

Casio PQ15-1K Travel Alarm Clock with Thermometer