5.0 out of 5 stars Tough durable watch
I have had this watch now for some 5 months. I have had it camping in Atlanta, fishing in the Rocky Mountains, and my daily work watch. I never had any issues with it. It has been exposed to various chemicals, cold water, heat and abuse. I would recommend it for anyone
Published 8 months ago by Rick Hall

1.0 out of 5 stars reviews removed is suspicious
Published 7 months ago by UnbiasedGuy

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough durable watch, November 27, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's PRG550-1A4 Pro Trek Triple-Sensor Tough Solar Analog-Digital Sport Watch (Watch)

4.0 out of 5 stars setting time very hard, November 21, 2013
I have owned at least 30 watches, but this has been by far the hardest to set, as well as remember how to go back and re set. Even with the instructions, which are so small you cannot hardly read, this was terrible. I bought the watch because I am outdoors and hunting often, wanted something easy to read without glasses. The time is fine to read, but everything else is so small. the three sensor buttons are labeled in a dark grey and almost impossible to read.
The light on this watch is extremely bright, and that part I do like. The time is easy to read, however the band is hard to latch due to thickness.
overall, now that the time is set, works well. I have not tested the accuracy of barometer nor thermometer. But instructions tell you that you need to take it off and let it set for 20 minutes for any kind of accuracy.

4.0 out of 5 stars great watch, great functions, February 20, 2014
nugent1021 (Tallahassee, Florida) - See all my reviews
I really like this watch. I'd give it 5 stars except for 2 things:
1. the resin band snags my arm hair. I've thought about shaving just my wrist, but that would look really odd.
2. the temp sensor is totally off. Not sure why, or if it's capturing my arm tempurature,but it's like 10 degrees off.

All in all, really like the watch. Toying with the idea of getting the metal band. The alarm for the count down timer is really low, but that's actually really nice because I use it for interval training at the gym, 1 minute between sets. It's not loud enough to bother everyone else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Casio watches., January 16, 2014
J. Starr (Henderson, NV) - See all my reviews
I bought my first "cheap" Casio digital watch at least 30 years ago and used it forever as a work watch. As the years went by I purchased another, more expensive and better one, this time a solar PAW 1300y. It has white numerals on a black background and is hard to see but has kept perfect time. This PRG550-1A4 Analog-Digital is easy to view. It keeps great time and looks good. I don't have much of a need for the sensors but it feeds the Walter Mitty in me and I enjoy playing with them. The weight is 2.5 ounces. I also have a Casio PAW 1100T (titanium) with a black on white display. This is also a nice watch, it weighs 4.1 ounces with a couple links removed. I prefer the analog display of the PRG550-1A4 for ease of viewing. The luminous hands are nice for night viewing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, December 18, 2013
This watch is primarily for use when I am out fishing/camping.

The sensors that I primarily use are the barometer and the compass. Calibration process was relatively straight forward, and have remained accurate since setup.

I am very satisfied with this watch for the price, it is light, looks great and with the solar charge functionality should last me for a very long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars CASIO PRG550-1A4, June 10, 2014
VERY NICE WATCH…..EASY TO READ DIPLAY……I LIKE THE TRIPLE SENSOR FUNCTIONS….I HAD TO SEARCH THE WEB TO GET PROPER BASE ELEVATION……WORKS AS ADVERTISED…..RJM.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice rugged watch with lots of features, October 29, 2013
I've wanted a good watch for outdoors use, and this one fits the bill. It has lots of features, you will need to read the manual or hit
youtube to figure them all out. It also has a nice rugged case that can take some abuse without looking worn out. I will update this
review as I use it further.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to read time, June 25, 2014
Davy R (North Beach, MD) - See all my reviews
Very easy to read although a bit complicated. I purchased this so I could read it workout my glasses on and it serves the purpose well. I use the barometer function more than elevation; temperature is useless if you are wearing it. Nice touch at the end of the band to keep it secure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, October 29, 2013
H. Kinney "PCWW" (New Orleans, Louisiana United States) - See all my reviews
I have an older model and it has been super. I really like the compass and altimeter. Ditto the light. Mine is self charging. Recommend without reservation.

1.0 out of 5 stars reviews removed is suspicious, December 4, 2013
i saw 9 reviews before the lightning deal which came at 2am today. When the deal became active the reviews were only 5. This is suspicious indeed. This watch was sold in 30% off 100 or more in november and it was a deep discounted item. Wonder Amazon is bringing thin in the lightning deal under a different garb. There is another similar watch PRG550-1A1CR for 170 on amazon without lightning deal.

Rate and Discover Movies