Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's PRG550-1A4 Pro Trek Triple-Sensor Tough Solar Analog-Digital Sport Watch
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on November 27, 2013
I have had this watch now for some 5 months. I have had it camping in Atlanta, fishing in the Rocky Mountains, and my daily work watch. I never had any issues with it. It has been exposed to various chemicals, cold water, heat and abuse. I would recommend it for anyone
on November 21, 2013
I have owned at least 30 watches, but this has been by far the hardest to set, as well as remember how to go back and re set. Even with the instructions, which are so small you cannot hardly read, this was terrible. I bought the watch because I am outdoors and hunting often, wanted something easy to read without glasses. The time is fine to read, but everything else is so small. the three sensor buttons are labeled in a dark grey and almost impossible to read.
The light on this watch is extremely bright, and that part I do like. The time is easy to read, however the band is hard to latch due to thickness.
overall, now that the time is set, works well. I have not tested the accuracy of barometer nor thermometer. But instructions tell you that you need to take it off and let it set for 20 minutes for any kind of accuracy.
on January 16, 2014
I bought my first "cheap" Casio digital watch at least 30 years ago and used it forever as a work watch. As the years went by I purchased another, more expensive and better one, this time a solar PAW 1300y. It has white numerals on a black background and is hard to see but has kept perfect time. This PRG550-1A4 Analog-Digital is easy to view. It keeps great time and looks good. I don't have much of a need for the sensors but it feeds the Walter Mitty in me and I enjoy playing with them. The weight is 2.5 ounces. I also have a Casio PAW 1100T (titanium) with a black on white display. This is also a nice watch, it weighs 4.1 ounces with a couple links removed. I prefer the analog display of the PRG550-1A4 for ease of viewing. The luminous hands are nice for night viewing.
on February 20, 2014
I really like this watch. I'd give it 5 stars except for 2 things:
1. the resin band snags my arm hair. I've thought about shaving just my wrist, but that would look really odd.
2. the temp sensor is totally off. Not sure why, or if it's capturing my arm tempurature,but it's like 10 degrees off.

All in all, really like the watch. Toying with the idea of getting the metal band. The alarm for the count down timer is really low, but that's actually really nice because I use it for interval training at the gym, 1 minute between sets. It's not loud enough to bother everyone else.
on June 25, 2014
Very easy to read although a bit complicated. I purchased this so I could read it workout my glasses on and it serves the purpose well. I use the barometer function more than elevation; temperature is useless if you are wearing it. Nice touch at the end of the band to keep it secure.
on December 15, 2014
I really like this watch so far. The compass works well and the solar and atomic synching features are very nice. I haven't had the ability to really test the altimeter/barometer features yet, so I can't comment on those. Aesthetically the watch is also very simple but beautiful in its simplicity. The hands glow nicely and the backlight is very clean and makes the display easy to read in the dark. I've only had the watch for approximately a month, so I can't comment on its long term reliability yet.
on October 29, 2013
I've wanted a good watch for outdoors use, and this one fits the bill. It has lots of features, you will need to read the manual or hit
youtube to figure them all out. It also has a nice rugged case that can take some abuse without looking worn out. I will update this
review as I use it further.
on March 17, 2014
If you like uber complex watches with tons of features then this watch is for you! Just changing time is not possible without reading the manual which by the way is a 4x3x1/2" thick booklet printed on super thin paper.

I'm not one who enjoys this level of complexity but I do like the number of features. I just wish it were Apple simple to use. Aside from that, it's been a great watch...
on December 18, 2013
This watch is primarily for use when I am out fishing/camping.

The sensors that I primarily use are the barometer and the compass. Calibration process was relatively straight forward, and have remained accurate since setup.

I am very satisfied with this watch for the price, it is light, looks great and with the solar charge functionality should last me for a very long time.
on March 1, 2016
Got this as a Christmas present for my husband a year ago. He is a fire fighter/ paramedic. He is fairly tough on things in general. This thing has held up. We are also big snorkelers, swimmers, kayakers, paddleboarders.
I have heard no complaints from him.