5.0 out of 5 stars One cool piece of gear.
Published 21 months ago by T. Bryant

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the Pathfinder to get..... Face too small.... to read even with backlight on
This watch is a wonderful design.... I've had others of the same PRW-2500 vintage.... but I could at least see and read the face on those. Something about not being able to read the time/tide info without bright sunlight or a flashlight leaves me wondering. And the face is just too small. The camo wristband is tacky and the whole watch does not feel even close the...
Published 13 months ago by SailorMike66

5.0 out of 5 stars One cool piece of gear., November 21, 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's PRW-2500B-3CR ProTrek Tough Solar Atomic Digital Watch (Watch)
I am pleased with this purchase. The watch performs as advertised after setup. The camo band is understated, which I like. That is to say that it is unquestionably camo, but it does not attract attention as such like, say having every possible camo truck accesory or having a camo recliner in your living room might, if you know what I mean. The watch is a bit larger than I usually prefer, but it is not too large so as to be uncomfortable or attract too much attention. I have a medium/small wrist and fortunately the band fits without extending past the point where the elastic retainer can hold it. So far the rotating bezel has stayed put all but once, when it moved about 15 degrees - likely from going in and out of a pocket multiple times.

The key here for me was to have a durable multi-function watch with the compass/alt/barometer functions that is cool looking but doesn't exist purely as a techie or outdoorsman status symbol. This watch was a bit more expensive than some other options, but I wanted a solar powered one that was perhaps a bit less obvious on the wrist than some other options. I actually enjoy and use the moon phase display quite a bit for some reason. The backlight illuminates the entire face and all aspects of the display are readable.

In all I reccomend the watch if it falls in your price range. Casio makes a much less expensive model (SGW300HB-3AVCF) that runs on batteries and is not atomic that I would suggest if you wish to have similar features under $75 and don't mind tons of lettering on your wrist. That said, this watch is much much cooler looking, understated, and solar powered...

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch!, July 1, 2013
This is really a great watch. I've been looking for a while and had my eye on the same watch with a different color. The price on this one was very good, but not many pics. After reading the reviews, I bought this knowing I may need to buy a new band for it. Indeed, the band sucks (in my opinion)..I will try and add pictures but I just bought a band from Fossil and I'm happy with it.

Lost one star for the band, watch gets 5 *****
I would recommend for anyone into tech stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooler than poop, July 20, 2013
Great watch for military use as it conforms to uniform standards. The band has a kind of ruberized coating on the inside that presses against your wrist so the cloth won't get easily ruined. The review that claims the face size is too small has no idea what he's talking about. My buddy ordered the titanium one at the same time I ordered this one. The faces and displays are exactly the same size and layout. The only difference is the case color. (Titanium vs Green)

5.0 out of 5 stars Only My 2ND Casio & MAGIC, July 3, 2014
Only My 2ND Casio & MAGIC. Had to say it twice. At my age I am an analog guy, always wondered why people ever even wanted anything digital. I mean, Analog gives such a better actual "picture" of time. But then I got old, got crippled, got so I was always around my iPad for reminders, alarms etc just to remember when to take meds etc. Yeah, don't get old.

The folks who use these on a regular basis can tell you ALL about how they work, but how important it is to first take the time to SET THEM UP CORRECTLY for YOUR specific region of the world. Well I never read direction in 65 years. But I do watch YouTube videos. Trouble is, nobody has one explaining how to set this particular module up that I could find. Luckily, there were tons of videos last week that taught me how to set up my somewhat similar GShock G7900A Rescue Concept Watch. Being a former surfer who surfed all over the world, oh how I WISH I had these watches before I got crippled. But life & War happen....

I wanted an Atomic watch since they were invented. Why? No reason, I am just a gadget junkie and HAVE to have everything. Well if you are like me, THIS is your watch! It did take me over an hour to figure it out. I went to bed depressed since I was unable to do any manual set using the Colorado Atomic Clock. I got the L1 signal (the weakest but at least showing me it was seeing SOMETHING. But then after a few minutes got the dreaded ERR error message. I have bought weather stations before that just never got their signal so NEW it would never work. Had all my alarms set, tides and barometer set, moon set etc. But to be honest, the part of my gadget junkie was just seriously let down when I went to bed. Yes, I read all the reviews on watch forums as well as at Amazon about put them in a window and at midnight that magic Atomic Clock Fairy would make everything all work. Yeah right....

Or so I thought. Got up at 5 AM this morning and ran for my watch. OK, crawled to my watch. Sure enough, the trick of placing my watch face down and aiming my big honkin sensor towards Denver worked. I was honestly like a teenage kid again. Dumb as it may be, I am just beside myself that I have every single feature on this watch working within 10% of anything my GPS and weather station confirms in ALL categories. I'll be honest, unlike anyone else I read who wrote any review, I really didn't care much if ANY of it was accurate except that stupid Atomic Clock. I just wanted another toy to constantly play with. I am beyond excited it to discover that mine at least is a surprisingly useful tool as well as being a new toy.

This watch arrived direct from Amazon with a charge showing at medium battery level. I played with it for a couple hours last night and all morning inside. I then took a 1 hour cruise in 82 degree bright sunshine on my electric mobility scooter. I got home and it now reads FULL. All my alarms for medications worked, all my features worked, and I could not be happier. I was shocked to find this cheaper and DIRECT form Amazon, and not from one of their third party sellers a the next to cheapest price. I bought it for about a dollar more than that third party seller since THAT gives me the full and REAL factory 1 year warranty. Plus I used my American Express Card to pay so if it dies in TWO years, THEY will pay me in full for a new watch. Been there done that twice now with home surround theater systems whose HDMI pass through's failed on me. Saved me a couple thousand bucks now on free extended warranties.

The green tinted face on this does make it somewhat harder for my eyes to see. I regret that and knew/expected that ahead of time over the cheaper black version.with a white face. But I wanted the military green with camo band more than anything. My years in the USMC and all the fun I had getting myself crippled for life and all, well, I just didn't want all that fun to stop:-) Honestly, the way they set this watch up is wonderful! (to ME). The band is very dark and the camo very mild & understated. In other words, you don't look like some kind of deranged GI Joe wanna be out waiting for a flashback...This watch is just a very dark, muted and VERY nice looking, expensive and professional looking watch. It looks like exactly what it is. A tool, a tool that you can use in a pinch to do a lot of various things to help you. And if it didn't do a DARN thing, I would still love it since it just looks so darn cool. Maybe I just got lucky? Mine shows Made In Japan, NOT China. Don't know, don't care. If you are worried this looks too military, it does NOT. It still pulls off looking like a piece of professional equipment (again, to ME). The trade off for the muted green over the black, or other color choices, will be the fact that the face sort of washes out the colors. Yet, it also ADDS some color in doing so. In other words, it is a trade off. I still have mixed feelings on that. I somehow think it would look strange if it had the white face of the standard watch? And it is a very light, almost shaded green that you see. However I end up feeling about it, I wouldn't trade it for the world. And now, I can even play with this thing and see what the time & tides are all over that world I used to go surfing in. I don't think you can go wrong with this watch. In ANY color you choose. The last point I would make is the size of the face. One reviewer here thinks it is too small. NO IDEA WHAT HE WAS COMPARING IT TOO? Maybe a girls watch? All I can say is mine is actually BIGGER than on my Casio GShock G7900A Rescue Concept Watch. And that is significant since this watch is actually physically smaller than it! I have a smaller wrist than most so that is another huge selling point about this watch. It is thinner and has a smaller diameter than my bright red GSHOCK model. And there is something else. Pick a screen, ANY screen. I have lived 65 years somehow, yet never found any watch that shows CLOSE to as much information on EVERY screen as this watch. It is simply stunning, just how much info they managed to cram into this double screen set up they created building this computer on your wrist. Also being former Law Enforcement, I will have my eye out for the Dick Tracy Model I expect any day now:-)

UPDATE July 4 2014: I found that I don't even need to place this watch near any window to sync with the Atomic Clock. Last night it did it's thing at 1:04 AM Pacific Standard Time-using daylight savings time. The prior night with it in the window, facing upside down it did it at 12:03 AM PST. So it looks like for me, here in Oceanside California (USMC Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Back Gate Area), this watch has no issues with the Auto Sync Function for me at least.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the coolest watch! I got it for ..., July 31, 2014
This is the coolest watch! I got it for my husband, but I've been playing with it too! In fact, I want one now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I Expected and More, July 30, 2013
After taking a few minutes to read the user's guide, which was well written and easy to understand, this Casio has been a joy to wear and use.

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOO Many Functions, May 11, 2014
I won't repeat the functions of this watch and they're in the description.

I bought this for my brother who is an avid hunter and outdoorsman. I love watches, and I loved that it was tough solar, and included moon and tide clocks. The altimeter and compass functions are nice too. He really liked that it automatically updates the time to NIST.

Overall looks like a tough outdoorsy watch with every piece of information you could ever want. I'd wear one if I liked digital.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, April 16, 2014
2nd 2500 series Protrek I own. Purchased this one for its stealthier profile (no shiny parts). Very accurate after calibration; very functional piece of gear. Would be 5 stars if a black resin band was included. As always, Amazon delivers promptly (before estimated delivery) & has great customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent watch with many features, April 8, 2014
I have purchased several Casio watches over the years and this one is my fave. It is a cool Army green color and has about every feature you could ever expect from a watch except sunrise/sunset. For traveling or adventure, this is one of the better watches you can buy for the money. If you are a Casio fan, this watch is one of their best values.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, March 28, 2014
This watch is fantastic for any level outdoors man.

Lots of features and easy to use.

Some calibration is required but again easy to complete.

Rate and Discover Movies