Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's Digital Compass Twin Sensor Sport Watch (Black)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 15, 2010
Other reviews of this watch sold by other sellers will tell you that the compass in inacurate, and that the termometer does not work correctly. These simply are not true. This is a great watch. The only catch to getting the compass to work properly is that it must be held level when taking a compass reading, and it must be recalibrated every 100 days. There are multiple ways to recalibrate the compass, but all work accurately.

The only problem with the termometer is the proximity of the sensor to the wearers skin. The heat given off by your body affects the relative temperature detected by the sensor. But it is possible ot compensate for this. The instruction book gives instructions on how to do this.

Please do not be deceived if you are looking for a larger than normal watch, as I was. This is an average sized watch, with an average sized band. I have a large diameter wrist, and was looking for a watch that had the functions I wanted as well as something that didn't look small on my arm.

But the functionality of this watch is too good to let size be a factor. I have gone hiking with the compass a number of times, and have found my way out every time. After recalibrating the thermometer, the temperature is accurate to within five degrees, provided it has been exposed to air for at least ten minutes. In other words, don't expect to be able to take it out of your pocket and get an instant, accurate reading. You can't even do that with a normal thermometer.

Seller was a super fast shipper, I bought it on Friday and received it on Monday, faster than anticipated. If you are looking for a good watch from a reliable seller, buy it. You will not be disappointed.
on April 25, 2012
The watch itself is, predictably, very accurate. No drift in timekeeping in several weeks.

Compass is accurate once I recalibrated it. Just keep the watch level with the ground when you take a reading.

Thermometer is affected by body temp - I haven't tried calibrating it to give a good reading while it's on my wrist. You need to remove it and let it sit for about half an hour in order to get a reliable temp reading.

Price is good for the features.
on July 8, 2012
Casio #SGW100-1V Men's Digital Compass Twin Sensor Sports Watch: An excellent watch - keeps time flawlessly - requires reading the instruction book carefully. If you take a trip through different time zones it would be smart to take the instruction book with you - especially because you may want to periodically re-callibrate the compass feature, which does work.
on February 7, 2013
I just got this watch and it is a very nice looking as well as feels solid but not heavy. I'm extremely glad I bought this watch rather than the more expensive watches ($150) and up that do most of the same things that this watch does , it's awesome!
on March 28, 2012
I am really impressed with this watch. I am a huge Timex IronMan fan but decided to step up and try this out. Since I have only had it for a few days I will be unable to praise its durability. It has a "glass" face not plastic and I appreciate the compass when driving and need orientation. The time is really easy to read and the night view is much better than the Timex. I chose this over the Timex Expedition because of the resin band and am glad I did. I downgraded it to four stars because the little catch that keeps the end of the strap tucked in kept sliding down and as a result I lost my watch when it somehow unlatched itself.... I know purchased a Casio DW290 and so far it has been great.
on February 11, 2015
Awesome watch. Forget about others saying the temp or compass is inaccurate, B.S. . This watch does what it says and more. Hard on watches(I use a watch!) I rate this like a G Shock without the name. Would've bought master of G, but I like this compass function better( the actual compass director is out by the bezel) the other style is much smaller. My preference. The watch is fantastic for countless reasons! Be your own judge, but the SGW line, like the G Shock is really hard to insult!
on July 19, 2015
Its functions and features work as advertised. Using or adjusting those functions is just as inconvenient as other ol' school digital watches. You won't want to lose the manual. (I downloaded a copy from Casio's web site, for future reference.)

The compass seems sufficiently accurate for using trail maps while hiking.
on December 1, 2014
I have owned this watch for years and love it. I have over a dozen watches ranging in price from $10 to over $1,000 and this is my go to watch for every day. It has a large easy to read display, its easy to operate and has all the features anyone could need including, 4 alarms, stop watch, countdown timer, digital compass and temperature gauge. Once the compass is calibrated and temperature is set to compensate for body heat, they are both very accurate. I also like the rugged look with the heavy canvas strap. Its also very durable. I am rough on watches but I have worn this one almost every day for over 2 years and it still looks nearly new.
on May 23, 2016
I've had this for quite some some and wear it daily and the work I do is "rugged" and I cant tell you how many times I've thought "oh no I just busted my watch". After everything I've done to it, it only has a small scratch on the lens. I'd buy it again, but doesn't look like I'll need to.
on April 21, 2015
One of the screws on the back or maybe it's the plate itself keeps snagging the hairs around my wrist, very annoying. Other than that... The watch works great. Even the compass seems to be pretty accurate.