5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cost to Feature Ratio
Published 23 months ago by Chris

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as expexted
I've always had a casio watch, and i've always know the good quality of these watches. This watch arrived really fast, but it was not as expected. it is not heavy, poor metal quality but looks good. The altimeter must be always calibrated and the thermometer is not so accurate.
Published on May 4, 2011 by eli

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cost to Feature Ratio, February 14, 2013
This review is from: Casio Men's SGW300HD-1AVCF Twin Sensor Multi-Function Digital Stainless Steel Sport Watch (Watch)
This watch is of excellent value. I've read several reviews on here with people stating the sensors are not accurate and "it's not what I need it for". Well if you would stop whining and spend the 15 mins to properly calibrate it ( both sensors temp and baro off of another sensor or even local weather) it's dead accurate. It has accurately projected baro pressure temp and altitude( compared to a garmin foretrex 401) for a week now. To be honest if you take the few mins to calibrate, its features come at a cheap cost.
Experience - 9 years light infantry
Rating:
Cost: 5/5
Quality: 5/5
User Friendly: 4/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch for 50.00, July 15, 2014
I have only worn the watch for a few days but so far I am very pleased with it. This watch is replacing another model of the Pathfinder watch. I paid over 250.00 for the previous watch which required special bands that cost as much as the new Pathfinder watch. The biggest difference is the new one does not have a compass. I don't know why previous reviewers had issues with the weight of the watch being too lite. This watch looks nice and feels like the weight you would expect from a stainless steel watch. For the price I am very happy with this watch and it looks like I can use a standard band as well. Went swimming with it and it held up fine underwater. Seems to be pretty accurate as well and was giving very similar results as the other Pathfinder wstch right out of the box, no calibration needed. Great watch for 50.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as expexted, May 4, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Digital Watch, June 16, 2014
In the past, I have had hybrid watches with hands that would obscure the digital read out. I am glad to have lost the hands with this watch and still retain the metal band to keep the appearance of the watch nice enough for any occasion. I particularly like having the day of the week and date displayed simultaneously with the time. The perpetual calendar makes keeping dates/times accurate easy with leap years built right into the watch's memory. I also like having both a stop watch and count down timer, and having five different possible alarm settings as well as an hourly chime is nice, too. The thermometer is basically useless as your body temperature skews the results (the instructions say remove watch for 20-30 minutes to get an accurate reading), but I don't really need a temp readout anyhow. I do like the built in barometer, too. This watch is obviously built for the outdoorsy type (hikers, etc.), but it's also good for your average nerd!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch and features, December 31, 2012
I purchased this because I was dying to have one with all the features of this watch and loved the fact that it was silver and not black plastic. The watch works well and I am very happy with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review...., April 10, 2011
As with any Casio product, this one did not disappoint, does more than a watch should, barometer and altimeter are great but the cheap band really ticked me off. Not only does it not match any color on the watch but it feels so flimsy. I am looking to replace it with a plastic gray one if I can find the right color. No complaints about the watch itself, its a great tool and looks fantastic !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch for teenage son, June 26, 2014
This is exactly what my son was looking for. He likes "tech" and compared this watch to others before selecting this one. He (and I) are very happy with it's easy of use, comfort and durability.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap look, cheap feel, cheap price., May 11, 2014
I returned this item the same day I received it. Feels quite cheap and non-substantive. Makes quite a bit of noise too on the wrist.

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent, functional timepiece, May 6, 2014
I bought this to replace a more attractive (but less functional) watch that had broken.

Pros:
It keeps good time
Some of the other features are handy
It's very easy to read, even at the most cursory of glances

Cons:
More plastic than I'd expected. I like a heavier watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars My dislikes, April 22, 2014
This product is great, works just fine, but the metal strap was way too big. I had to discard it and get my own, which cost me more money! And the light for night time I don't like.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›