Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Cole Swindell Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on October 19, 2012
I've been playing piano for most of my life (24 years), and Casio keyboards for almost 15 years. I've used several different kinds (and brands) of pedals with my keyboards.

At first, I had a Casio Pedal in a lower model - Either the current SP3R or the equivalent that was available 15 years ago. Either way, it was a small black plastic square, which is obviously different than the sustain pedal on an actual piano. Likewise, it felt just about as real as it looked; it consstantly slid out of place was very stiff - i pretty much had to stomp on it to make sure it was all the way down. One night, it literally broke into pieces in the middle of a gig, and I started using more life-like pedals from other keyboard brands.

I had borrowed friends' pedals from Yamaha (and a few more brands i don't remember) and quickly learned that they worked the opposite way of how they were supposed to work; when i didn't step on the pedal the notes would sustain, and stopped when i stepped down. Appearantly, all Casio keyboards are made with the opposite polarity of most brands ... great. I knew a couple of keyboardists who could play with a pedal like that, but I could never get the hang of it.

So I eventually got a "universal" pedal from OnStage Gear. It has a polarity switch on the bottom so that it should work with any keyboard. For a year or two, it worked fine (with a little slippage here and there). But gradually it became unreliable. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I tested the switch on a friend's Yamaha keyboard and it worked, but not on my Casio. I got another one that immeadiately started acting funny on me, and the third one didn't work for me at all, though they all worked fine on my friend's Yamaha.

Then I finally found the Casio SP20. It looked and felt real, the rubber textured bottom kept it from slipping, and most of all IT WORKED! The only reason i just got a new one after three years is because I sold it with my old Casio keyboard (in order to get a higher model Casio). So far, this new pedal works just as great as the last one does. The Casio SP20 truly is the ONLY sustain pedal I've found that works RELIABLY with Casio keyboards.
55 comments|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 19, 2011
This pedal works very well!! It isn't anything special, but it does what a piano pedal should do. Very easy setup, just plugged it into my Casio, and it worked beautifully. It also feels much like the real thing, I feel like I'm using my real piano when I play it. Overall, it was worth the money!
on January 20, 2012
This sustain pedal completes the keyboard. I bought this to go along with the casio wk-200 keyboard because on casio's site they had this pedal listed as an accessory to that model keyboard. It works as expected, no issues, no complaints.
on July 12, 2013
After purchasing several universal keyboard pedals, I decided to do a little researching. After searching the internet, I decided to just check reviews of pedals on Amazon. I wish I had done this a few wasted pedal purchases & months earlier. I discovered via the reviews that Casio had a "reversed" polarity in their keyboards - thus the reason why non-Casio pedals worked briefly or not at all with my Casio-WK3800. The Casio SP20 works great. It looks & feels like a sustain pedal from any grand piano - with no slipping or sliding on carpet or non-carpeted floors. Thanks Amazon for posting reviews on items purchased. They led me in the right direction.
on August 26, 2013
I got this pedal a few years ago and am still using it. However, if you are using the pedal on some types of carpet it is hard for the pedal to stay in place. In all, this is great for the casio pianos and sustains the sound clearly.
on July 16, 2012
I bought this pedal after purchasing a Casio keyboard that came with it's own small foot pedal, which was inadequate for my purposes. I tried to use my Yamaha foot pedals (I have more than one) and they wouldn't work at all. When I connected the Casio pedal it worked perfectly.
on October 15, 2014
I had a sustaining pedal that was hard to use. You had to put your foot in exactly one spot and press hard. Not with this one. It really works like a piano pedal. It does, however, slide on a wood floor so I used Velcro under it. Glad I bought it.
on June 1, 2014
This is ideal for my Casio keyboard. It is universal and will work with most keyboards. Small enough to fit in a carry bag, it is lightweight as well. The non-slip base keeps it in place under your keyboard stand.
on November 26, 2013
Works good. Slips a little, depending on your floor type, but it's sturdier than the default version you're generally provided with in the Privia line. Mine's paired with a Privia 330 and it does the job, functions as intended.
on July 3, 2015
Excellent addition for my CASIO Privia PX-350M. Even if the piano comes with a plastic sustain pedal, it is too small and lightweight so it moves around while you are using it. This one is heavier, has better "touch" and stays put while in use. it also looks a lot better than the plastic one.