5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed for the price
->water proof/resistant for swimming
-> under $50

Published on December 5, 2011 by BalboaMom

3.0 out of 5 stars Self push buttons
Works fine but some buttons is very soft to push.
When my wife flex the wrist the buttons is pushed.
Published on December 19, 2011 by Seiji

->stopwatch
->easy to read numbers w/o my readers
->water proof/resistant for swimming
-> under $50

This watch met all of my requirements and then some. I uses the countdown timer to make sure that I don't sit at my desk too long. I like that it is very easy and intuitive to set and has the automatic repeat option so I don't wait to start it again - much better for my productivity. The stopwatch is good, but I agree with the other review saying it would be nice to have the buttons on the side. I keep inadvertently hitting the lap button.

I've only had to go back to the instructions 2x. for a sports watch, of which I have had many, this is very intuitive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Casio STR300C-1V a good value for the money, July 6, 2011
For about $24, you get a decent watch that can record up to 60 splits.

For watches I've owned in the past, I had to delete old timing logs to make space for new ones. I prefer the way the STR300 works and allows you to delete individual logs, or it simply deletes the oldest log to make room for newest timing measurements. I no longer waste time deleting old logs.

I like how there are 5 alarm time settings. Depending on my morning activities I need to wake up at different times. With this watch I don't need to constantly adjust the alarm time back and forth. I just turn in the one out of five available alarm times that suits my needs.

I think that the distance measuring feature is kind of silly. You have to keep pace with a beep on an interval you set, and you have to match your average stride length with a stride length you enter. I don't think this is a useful feature.

The Timex Indiglo lighting makes the Timex watches easier to read than the Casio STR300 with its LED backlight.

I've been wearing my STR300 while I swim and haven't had any issues.

I am happy with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, affordable watch, December 16, 2012
I've had this watch for around 5-6 months. My previous watch, a Timex, lasted a few years but eventually died due to water seal failure. I can't yet comment on the long-term durability of this watch as I haven't used it much in water/outdoors. Anyway, here's the rundown:

Hardware

- Very cool, perhaps even futuristic-looking body and digits. Main reason why I bought it and I'm satisfied with it.
- Color is nice and looks almost identical to the picture, although the strap is slightly darker than shown.
- Strap is hard but not stiff. It takes a little getting used to and if worn super tight the buckle will bite into skin. So I wear it looser, and it doesn't usually slip.
- This is a small watch. Both the strap and face are small. I have a thin wrist so it fits me fine but adults with thicker wrists will have trouble keeping it on.
- Button placement is unconventional but I like it. My gripe with the buttons in that the top and bottom buttons -- start/stop and lap, respectively -- are difficult to push. These are used for other functions, namely cycling through hour/minute so it can be frustrating when setting alarms and such.
- The light is possibly my biggest gripe with the watch, second only to the buttons. It's an okay light -- kind of greenish -- but lasts for just two seconds... what!? Massive inconvenience when trying to set up a stopwatch or timer in a dark area. This would not be a good watch to get if you expect to use it in dark locations often.
- Good water-resistance, although testing was limited.

Software

- The watch display is broken into three compartments, designated by two horizontal blue lines. Check out the picture to see what I'm talking about. What this means is that features are displayed in the top two compartments and the time is displayed in the bottom compartment. This is GREAT. So I can be setting my alarm and still know what the current time is. The only section the "universal time" is not displayed is when I'm flipping through pace records (see below).
- There are six "sections," if you will. Sections can be navigated by pressing the bottom left button and a beep is heard. When I finish cycling through, a beep of a higher pitch is heard to signify that I've reached the first section. This is a great, subtle feature.
- Sections are (in order): Time/Date/Year, Stopwatch, Records, Timer, Alarm, Time (same as first but no date/year)
--- Time/Date/Year: What you'd expect. Watch supports both 12-hour and 24-hour. No apparent support for multiple clocks, which is kind of irritating but not a big deal.
--- Stopwatch: Noticeable beeps for starting (three fast beeps) and stopping (one long beep) which is nice. There's some kind of lap feature but I haven't used it much.
--- Records: I haven't used this at all. I'm not a runner. :) Looks like it saves Stopwatch history and orders it by date. It appears to store a lot of records (28 at least).
--- Timer: Your typical timer except seconds can't be set, gah! This is a bizarre and annoying restriction. Other than that the timer is fine.
--- Alarm: There are five alarms, which is great. When an alarm is activated a little icon is displayed all throughout the watch. The first (and only first) alarm appears to have a snooze setting, but I haven't used it. The alarm sound is a simple beep rhythm: 2 beeps, pause, 2 beeps, pause, etc. When I had it on while I slept I had trouble hearing it. It's loud enough to be heard normally but it was too quiet when under covers. That was easily fixed when I placed it on a counter beside my bed. My only complaint here is that the alarm lasts for a measly ten seconds.
--- Time: Looks like this is just a cosmetic feature for those who don't want a crowded display. Personally I think it's silly.

Outstanding Pros

- Slick appearance, color; neat button placement.
- Time is always visible when browsing through watch.
- Stopwatch/records could prove useful if I ever take up running. ;)
- Beeps are intelligently designed.
- Lots of alarms.

Outstanding Cons

- Top/bottom buttons difficult to press.
- Light duration is a joke.
- Can't specify seconds in timer.
- Alarm noise could last a little longer.

Overall: Great consumer watch for the price. I might be irked if it costed more, but $21 is a steal.

Hope this review helped! Let me know if there's anything specific you'd like to look at.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value pacer watch, December 13, 2006
I've used various pacer watches over the years, and Casio has by far more available than any other maker. I use it to keep my running at a pace I'm targeting as well as to measure the distance of a run if I'm on an unfamiliar route (or at an unmarked portion of a distance race). Previously owned the solar version of this same model, but the solar function began failing after a couple years (and after once losing it at my tennis club when the finder stashed it in a dark cabinet where it sat "lightless" for a couple weeks). This model is cheaper without the solar power and I expect it to be more dependable for that reason as well. Tremendous functionality and value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Self push buttons, December 19, 2011
Works fine but some buttons is very soft to push.
When my wife flex the wrist the buttons is pushed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, February 1, 2014
Listen when I made this purchase I thought 1. Im getting a great deal ( for the price Im getting everything I was looking for)
I wanted the watch because I wanted to record my distance while I ran. Plus I wanted the stop watch. Well let me say for this watch you have to set your stride length the different menus on the watch were difficult to navigate and I just ended up getting frustrated with it. To find the distance calculator is a process. Really I just keep it now as a cheap work watch.....buy something else if your mainly looking for distance calculator. Hope this helps someone;)

5.0 out of 5 stars I have owned this watch for 7 years, October 24, 2012
I have owned this watch for seven years and it is still working perfectly. I have not replaced the battery since new, but I had to change the wrist band when the original one broke three years ago. My watch is still water resistant after and I continually use it for jogging and everyday use. I understand that this watch may be small for some people, but it fits perfectly in my wrist. I will consider buying it again when the one I have breaks down.

3.0 out of 5 stars eco friendly part and sporty style, August 4, 2011
I purchased this watch in the hopes it would suit my needs for marathon pace training. Unfortunately the "pace" feature does not support what I need it to do.

However, the seller was fantastic, and was very helpful and understanding regarding a shipping snafu.

The watch styling is sporty but still comfortable and girlie. Additionally, I liked that it is water resistant to 50m, so I can swim with it. The screen is big enough to see, unlike my Timex sports watch. The owner's manual explains step by step how to program it and I had zero problems figuring it out.

Overall a good, cute watch, but not exactly what I needed for my upcoming 1/2 marathon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Review Casio Women's STR300-1C Runner Eco Friendly Digital Watch, March 8, 2013
I bought this watch because of the nice price, and it has the timing features that I want (lap memory, repeat countdown timer as well as single countdown, and alarm). I am disappointed that the shortest increment in the countdown timer is minutes (so you can't have a timer for 30 seconds, or 5 minutes and 30 seconds). The programming sequencing is a bit awkward, and the "stop start" and "lap split" buttons are very stiff and sometimes do not engage. I like the very visible screen - nice large numbers. I am keeping the watch, as it was a good price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke immediately. (Watch band chipped), September 16, 2013
Andrew McIntosh (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
My daughter got this watch at Sports Authority two years ago. The watch band finally broke on it (well, sort of, the plastic notch where the spring-loaded pins attach the band to the watch body broke in such a way that I couldn't fix it.

So we went looking for a replacement watch online (my daughter is only 10, so an inexpensive watch is best). We found the same model and I thought, "What the heck, that last one was a freak accident."

So we order the exact replica and within 90 days she broke the band in the same corner in the same way!

My daughter is not particularly tough on products so I'm thinking it is a design flaw (perhaps the left-right asymmetry).
Think we'll try a different model...

Casio STR300 60lap Sport Running Watch