5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive and yet no one can tell.
Published 17 months ago by Beth

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap watch so don't expect a Luminox product
Published 18 months ago by jonnii

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive and yet no one can tell., July 23, 2013
Beth (CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP, PA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Unisex MRW200H-2BV "Neo-Display" Black Resin Watch (Watch)
Bought this for my son and he loves it. People think that i bought him a more expensive watch. It glows and can be seen at night. His friends want one and love it. He hasn't taken it off except for his Taekowndo classes. He really likes it and WOW did it help him learn to tell time. He just didn't care to learn, so I got this watch to make it easier and to help him memorize it faster. It WORKED. He is and expert and can even do it with the roman numeral clock on our wall now. So much faster than his classes in school. Thanks to this watch he can tell time and he is more confident. Loves the fact he can swim with it and never really has to take it off!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap watch so don't expect a Luminox product, June 14, 2013
I used to own Luminox Men's 3003 Original Navy SEAL Dive Watch. I love it till it ran out of battery one day. I brought to a watch repair shop and it went down from there. The watch kept running out of battery and die. I replaced another battery and it ran for 6 months and it died on me again and then again. At night, it was very bright. I loved it because I worked night shift as law enforcement officer.

I found this Casio look-a-like Luminox on Amazon.com. Casio is a well-known reliable watch and cheap. I own several of Casio watches. Well, after I read some reviews and did a little research, I bought it through the Amazon. I had some Amazon points and I only paid about $7. It was delivered as scheduled. Great job, Amazon, for prompt delivery. I don't expect a Luminox product but it's cheap.

It's totally dark at night. If you want to see what time it is at night, you have to turn on your lamp or use a flash light. It looks good during the day, though. Since I work now day shift, it is okay for me. I have not tested it going into the water yet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Display is not "neo" anything, other than that, it's solid, May 8, 2013
Pros
Very long band. I usually end up using the first or second hole on most bands. On this one, I'm in the 5th notch.
Lightweight, won't be annoying to wear.
Easy to set. Took about 30 seconds. Of course, it's purely analog, so it should be simple.

Cons
Not sure what they mean by "neo-display. I guess, given the brightness of the numbers on the display, and the "neo" I was expecting it to be fairly visible. It's not. I really didn't think it illumnated, but it sure gives the impression it's going to be visible. The hands are NOT glow in the dark, although they look like it, and the blue is much, much darker than shown in the photo. I'm in a room with 3 bright halogen bulbs in the ceiling fixture, and it's all I can do to see the numbers,

I like the way it fits, but given the dark display, it's about 70-30 that it gets returned tomorrow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money; reasonable build quality, October 29, 2013
I've purchased this as my 'basher' watch that will be worn whenever I don't want to risk my $250 Seiko. In this role, the watch performs admirably. Would definitely buy again. Some thoughts in no particular order:
- Watch is exactly as pictured and the band is a decent length.
- Sits on the wrist nicely; is comfy and looks good.
- Movement isn't noisy and seems accurate (back bezel says 'Japan movement; cased in China').
- Hour, minute and second hands all glow after exposure to UV light (sunlight or electric lamp)
- On mine, the watch face is very slightly misaligned with the movement/arms. That is, the second hand doesn't quite align with the second markings on the face, which is a shame as this is an otherwise excellent watch for the money. Your mileage may vary of course - I'd definitely buy again if this needed replacement.

Easy to recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars ok, June 17, 2013
only drawback you cant see the time at night. should have been made with a light. not bad for a simple watch

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, May 23, 2013
Would be perfect if it had backlight illumination, or at least luminescent hour markers. Blue markers are not as bright as it looks in the picture.

Build quality is awesome for a watch this inexpensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars luminox-like, May 14, 2013
looks like a LUMINOX! Casio is a must have. I mean any model not just this. I own over 30 models of different Casio digital and analog watches, not a single broken watch. take note, I AM FROM MANILA and my items are shipped from amazon warehouse(wherever that is) to NY (my carrier Johnny Air) then to China (stopover) then to my area Makati (Manila Philippines) DAMN I LOVE AMAZON AND CASIO!

4.0 out of 5 stars Only the hands glow, September 3, 2013
Only the hands glow in the dark. Display is smaller than pictured and day and date are a little hard to see for middle-aged eyes. Great watch for younger eyes.

5.0 out of 5 stars feeling moody blue, August 19, 2013
This watch is not a g shock BUT its the next best thing I work outside alot, i have hit the watch with a shovel handles, i have dropped this watch, got sand and dirt on it, i wash my hands with it on
IT KEEPS GREAT TIME, its not heavy, i have had mine for a year and a half.Some people are telling you they can't get the day and date to work right well try reading the instructions AND when it comes time to change the day and date because of 30 days or 31 days always adjust the watch at night around 6;00 to 9;00 o clock this will give its cycle enough time to rotate for the next day by the time you wake up at 6;00 in the morning the watch will show the correct day and date. finally thought GO to cableas and look at the watches that look alot like this one they want $300.00

5.0 out of 5 stars good waterproof watch - easy to set and use - reliable, August 16, 2013
I bought this watch because I wanted a simplistic watch that I could easily set that would reliably tell the time and could go to the pool or shower or wherever with me - ie is waterproof. This watch fills the bill. It is easy to set, the large bold lettering is easy to see and read, and it seems to reliably tell the correct time. It is so much more my style than some of the other waterproof watches I have purchased in the past that had all the buttons on the side whereby you had to navigate the buttons to set the time and also whereby it seemed if I had pushed the wrong button on the side of the watch then it was doing something other than telling the current time.