Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's W201-1AV Chronograph Watch
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 23, 2013
PROS
1) Very Low Cost - I paid $11.87.
2) Casio exhibits quality in their watches, even the low-end ones like this one.
3) Time, Day of week and Date are all displayed clearly on the "home" screen.
4) Interesting pattern of "lines" which appear in the center right. The # of lines changes with each second. There doesn't appear to be any significance to it, except to add something aesthetic quality to the digital screen.
5) Traditional functions: Alarm, Stopwatch, and Alternate time (and Miltary time option).
6) Amber colored light. I like it, because it's different than the usual green, and more pleasing to the eyes.
7) It's super comfortable to wear.

CONS
1) No countdown timer. But hey, I didn't expect one given the cost of the watch.
2) While I like the light, it goes off too quickly in my opinion. (1 second)
3) The 4 control buttons on the sides are recessed (into the watch). So if you have thick fingers, you might not like this one because it requires a little more effort to press the buttons. I don't mind so much though.

I bought this watch for two reasons- 1) I'm addicted to buying inexpensive watches... call me weird. 2) I grew up on these "classic" type watches... so I treated myself for nostalgic reasons.

I hope this was helpful. Happy shopping!! :-)
77 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2011
I just ordered this watch for the third time in 2 years. It has all the features I want, especially dual time zones that I like for frequent international and coast to coast travel. The reason I keep replacing it is that at least one of the 4 pillars holding the pins that attach the band snaps off about every 6 months. The same thing has happened to my more expensive stainless steel watch after 5 years so now I just buy this cheap one every time it happens. I like the back-light, the alarm, the size, and the light weight. I have to adjust the time about once every 2 months when it gets about 15 to 30 seconds off.
on June 7, 2009
I'm really pleased with this purchase. Accuracy is about two seconds per week and it is easy to reset. From past experience I agree with others that the band can be expected to break after about a year; however it will take a standard 20mm watchband. I like the fabric wrap-around "The Band" by Chisco which costs about seven dollars. In fact I swapped the band when I first got this watch because I prefer the wrap-around style. With a ten year battery, stop watch, calendar, easy-to-read display, back-light, and low price what's not to like?
on March 8, 2014
I love this watch. Man if you need a basic watch that will stand up to use and abuse for a bargain price, this is for you.
My eyes aren't what they used to be so the large display was a huge plus for me. All the other features of this watch are frosting on the cake. The crystal (not plastic) face is also a huge plus because it doesn't scratch up like plastic does so quickly. As other reviewers have stated, the band is prone to drying out and breaking after only 3 months to a year. Personally I HATE these watchbands that come with the watch. Even when new I find them uncomfortable. For $7 I immediately replaced the band with a much more comfortable nylon band that lasts for years. So even adding the cost of the cheap more comfortable watchband I consider this a great watch bargain. I found this watch a a local retailer for a couple dollars more. But hey took into the cost of gas, and the fact that Amazon delivered for free, it was a no brainer.
I highly recommend this watch.
on July 6, 2011
The item was exactly as described and fit my desired criteria just fine. I work with electronics and electricity and need a slim non-conductive watch with non-protruding buttons and an easy to read display. Nothing fancy, I mainly need to see the time; having the date is fine but not necessary. The watchband is extremely cheap and flimsy. I don't foresee it lasting very long at all, however I *will* be replacing it before then anyway. Interestingly, replacement bands cost more than I paid for the watch!
on March 6, 2016
This is my fourth Casio watch of same or similar model. Every one has been excellent. In fact the last two before this one still work. The reason the watches 'retire' is cost and the watch band. The watches are so inexpensive and replacement bands so costly I replace the watch when the watch band goes bad instead of getting a new band.
For years I worked in an ER with lots of hand washing and lots to remember, I also worked as a volunteer firefighter. The watches held up to much soap. water, and abuse and only gave a problem once. I was assisting in a surgery using a magnetic induction electro-cautary device and accidentally fried the poor watch in the powerful electric field. I have worn the watch into fires that were hot enough that my bunker jacket was too hot to touch coming out and have worn it while pumping at minus 23 degrees fahrenheit. Never a problem with the watch. The watch bands... that's another story. They only last about two to three years.
on May 25, 2015
I like my F-88W better but you don't offer it. It is thinner, lighter and just less bulky. I had lost but found my old F-88W and will still use it but I do like the new W201-AV very much. I need to know the time and wouldn't be with out a Casio. I did notice a change in the setting procedure but it is only one extra step. The old setting procedure was very intuitive and simple. Thank You for both watches.
review image
on June 29, 2013
I wear this watch daily to my job as an airline mechanic. It is holding up well to the inevitable bumps and scrapes as well as the various oils and solvents I've dripped on it. The large time numerals are easy to read even in low light without pushing the backlight button. The smaller day and date numerals are easy to read too. I picked this model because it shows the time, seconds, day, and date continuously without having to push a button. It took a bit for me to get used to the progressive segments located above the seconds field that alternately build and collapse every ten seconds. Not sure what purpose they serve. The low profile makes it sit close on the wrist which minimizes catching it on things. The band is comfortable and is holding up well. Accuracy is quite good and mine gains only about 5 seconds/month. Kinda doubt the watch will last ten years but with a ten-year battery included, battery changes should be unnecessary. Timex still makes a great watch but their prices have increased quite a bit in recent years. Casio is filling the void when an inexpensive but good quality watch is required.
on January 17, 2015
This is a good watch. It is easy and quick to read, and tells you date, time, day, and year, which covers all that I need it for. It also has chronograph and alarm capabilities. These are just extras for me and I do not use them much. I will complain that the alarm is not adequate in my opinion, it is too quiet and only lasts about 10 seconds at the most, then shuts off. I can easily sleep right through it. The alarm duration might be adjustable, but I don't not care or use it enough to figure out how to change it. The watch is very thin and light which I like. it does look small on my arm though, I'm about 6'3" with a 6'10" wingspan. The backlight is an amber glow which works fine. I love that is is water proof to 50 meters meaning I do not have to worry about breaking it when it is submerged. I like the fact that I can wear it in the shower in the mornings to be able to keep track of how much time I have before i have to head out to work. I can also keep the watch on when my hands are submerged while doing job tasks. So far the wrist band has held up, and I hope it continues to do so for atleast a few years of use. The band does seem flimsy and cheap. All in all, great watch, well worth the ~$12.
on March 15, 2014
Small, accurate, weighs next to nothing. Has day and date in addition to alarm and stopwatch functions as you'd expect. Only drawbacks are that the band doesn't hold up over time. My mom seems to break hers every year. I don't think I've ever broken mine so I don't know what she's doing with her watch. Hopefully I can find a cheap band somewhere so I don't have to keep buying the watch which seems kind of wasteful.

The special benefit of this particular model is that the numbers are the biggest I've found for a watch of this type. This makes reading time quick and easy!! A lot of the other digital watches I've looked at have a tiny time numbers and a bunch of other junk on the display that doesn't matter most of the time. Enjoy it!! I do!!!!!