5.0 out of 5 stars face scratches too easily
Published on May 1, 2008 by John Doe

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch function is fine, but
The watch functions perfectly; however, the picture and writeup do not adequately convey that the watch face has a gold tint to it that makes it less readable. The plain silver version of the identical watch provides a much clearer and much more readable watch face (which I give 5 stars) and I have both versions.
Published 20 months ago by Gargoyle

5.0 out of 5 stars face scratches too easily, May 1, 2008
Great watch for little money. I love my G shock g5600 atomic solar, however it is a little uncomfortable to wear all of the time. I was looking for a watch with similar styling but that was not as bulky. This watch meets my needs perfectly. I am 6'2" and 240 lbs. and the watch does not look too small on me. The band is plenty long for people with thicker wrists. The only downsides are that it does not have a count down timer and it has an led light. But neither of these items are necessary for me. It is a nice alternative for people who like the styling of the classic g shock 5600 series but do not want a watch that is quite as large. As far as atomic time: it is nice, but digital watches usually keep very accurate time. With all of these watches the bands will break before the battery dies, so solar is kind of a gimmick as well.

It is nice to be able to see day, date and year at the same time on the watch as well. It looks like this one will be unavailable in the US soon. It is not listed on the Casio website for the US, but it is listed on the casio website for other countries.

Good throw away watch.

UPDATE: 3 DAYS LATER:

Watch face is extremely easy to scratch. I have had other watches for years with no scratches. But this one got a scratch in less that one day. I barely wore it. I don't think that I would get this watch for that reason in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Style & Function, A little Big, October 16, 2009
This review is from: Casio Men's W800HG-9AV Classic Digital Sport Watch (Watch)
I have only had this watch for a few days. So far so good. The main reason I ordered it is for the number of Alarm options (I think the main difference between this and the 1AV)
PROS:
- Lots of Alarm Options (Daily, monthly, certain day of the month...)
- Classic "Ordinary" style
- Stopwatch and other functions
- "10 Year Battery"
CONS:
- Case is big and crystal is prominent, sort of raised, I see how it would scratch easily

Probably I would get it again, we'll see how it lasts.
UPDATE: Roughly a year later. I swam with it, went to Iraq with it, and in spite of the raised crystal is not very beat-up. Keeps good time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional, practical, and rugged = Great gift, January 17, 2010
This review is from: Casio Men's W800HG-9AV Classic Digital Sport Watch (Watch)
Thus far, have purchased 4 of these watches for gifts and the recipients have been
more than happy. The display of this watch is easily seen due to the large display,
and also offers straightforward information to the viewer ( time, day, date ). The
backlight is the "illuminator" type, lighting up the entire face, making seeing the
display nothing less than ' remarkable'. Water resistant to 100 feet, the case is
also low to the wrist, fitting easily under a shirt sleeve cuff due to its short
height. The braclet may last only 2 - 3 years, but is easily replaced at a low cost;
the battery is stated to last 10 years, but I know of these batteries lasting con-
siderably longer.
The best part for last - these watches are available for less than $20.00. Who
could ask for anything more?

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch function is fine, but, May 2, 2013
Gargoyle (Cincinnati, OH USA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonably price wristwatch, April 24, 2010
This review is from: Casio Men's W800HG-9AV Classic Digital Sport Watch (Watch)
This watch does everything I want in a watch, and then some. I really only need to tell time (to the second), but the day and date are handy.
The stopwatch feature is difficult to use - not important to me, but it is one of the "features" of the watch. The four side buttons on the watch don't react to my finger pressure - I must use my fingernail or my pen to depress them enough to activate them. The alarm is so quiet that I cannot hear it - unless I am holding the watch to my ear. As with all the watches I have tried, the light fails to light up the information sufficient to read it at night.
I suppose the new plastic bands wear better than leather, and they are no doubt cheaper than stretch bands - but I don't find them comfortable.
Since the watch tells time - to the second - accurately and has an easy-to-read large display, I am content with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Casio, January 4, 2013
G. Strout (Chula vista, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Men's W800HG-9AV Classic Digital Sport Watch (Watch)
I've been a big fan of Casio watches for decades now. I loved their reliability, no maintenance, robustness. However, I'm noticing their watch bands do not hold up the way they use to which is very alarming. This is the third Casio watch of this type I've purchased where the band has busted in a couple of places after less than 4 months of use. Very disappointing!

2.0 out of 5 stars Straps broke 6 months into wearing, September 25, 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's W800HG-9AV Classic Digital Sport Watch (Watch)
I wish I could give this watch a better rating. I loved the design and functionality of it, which is why I bought it for my husband to replace his old one. Unfortunately not 6 months into wearing it, the straps broke away from the watch face and cannot be replaced. I expected better from Casio as his last watch from them lasted years before breaking.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, April 3, 2014
This review is from: Casio Men's W800HG-9AV Classic Digital Sport Watch (Watch)
Very self explanatory. My son figured it out in less than a minute with no guidelines. He is always timing stuff and is correcting us on the time such as: Its 5 o'clock. he tells us: no. its 5 o'clock and 37 seconds!!! :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch for the price., October 12, 2014
This review is from: Casio Men's W800HG-9AV Classic Digital Sport Watch (Watch)
I haven't worn it out in public yet but I can say that this is a good watch for the price. The band feels a little cheap but that's my only issue with the watch so far. I wore it around the house and yard and almost forgot that it was on my wrist until I got in the shower that night (good thing it's waterproof). It's a light watch and it doesn't protrude from my wrist like other watches I've had. There is a gold tint to the watch that makes it a little difficult to read but you can just turn the light on, even during the day, to read the time perfectly. I have no tried any of the other features but setting the time was a breeze. I recommend this watch for anyone who wants a cheap thing they don't mind getting a little beat up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, easy to use, amazing price, December 5, 2014
This review is from: Casio Men's W800HG-9AV Classic Digital Sport Watch (Watch)
This watch is so simple and easy to use that I didn't even need to look at the instructions to set it up. It's lightweight design, easy to read face, water resistance, and $10 price tag make it an ideal work out/travel watch; I use it for running, adventuring, and general wear. My favorite feature is the timer function but I also appreciate the alarm setting as well. The 10 year battery adds even more value to an already amazing watch. Props to Casio for making such a great product.

Casio Men's W800HG-9AV Classic Digital Sport Watch