Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on October 16, 2009
I have only had this watch for a few days. So far so good. The main reason I ordered it is for the number of Alarm options (I think the main difference between this and the 1AV)
PROS:
- Lots of Alarm Options (Daily, monthly, certain day of the month...)
- Classic "Ordinary" style
- Stopwatch and other functions
- "10 Year Battery"
CONS:
- Case is big and crystal is prominent, sort of raised, I see how it would scratch easily

Probably I would get it again, we'll see how it lasts.
UPDATE: Roughly a year later. I swam with it, went to Iraq with it, and in spite of the raised crystal is not very beat-up. Keeps good time.
on May 2, 2013
The watch functions perfectly; however, the picture and writeup do not adequately convey that the watch face has a gold tint to it that makes it less readable. The plain silver version of the identical watch provides a much clearer and much more readable watch face (which I give 5 stars) and I have both versions.
on May 1, 2008
Great watch for little money. I love my G shock g5600 atomic solar, however it is a little uncomfortable to wear all of the time. I was looking for a watch with similar styling but that was not as bulky. This watch meets my needs perfectly. I am 6'2" and 240 lbs. and the watch does not look too small on me. The band is plenty long for people with thicker wrists. The only downsides are that it does not have a count down timer and it has an led light. But neither of these items are necessary for me. It is a nice alternative for people who like the styling of the classic g shock 5600 series but do not want a watch that is quite as large. As far as atomic time: it is nice, but digital watches usually keep very accurate time. With all of these watches the bands will break before the battery dies, so solar is kind of a gimmick as well.

It is nice to be able to see day, date and year at the same time on the watch as well. It looks like this one will be unavailable in the US soon. It is not listed on the Casio website for the US, but it is listed on the casio website for other countries.

Good throw away watch.

UPDATE: 3 DAYS LATER:

Watch face is extremely easy to scratch. I have had other watches for years with no scratches. But this one got a scratch in less that one day. I barely wore it. I don't think that I would get this watch for that reason in the future.
on January 17, 2010
Thus far, have purchased 4 of these watches for gifts and the recipients have been
more than happy. The display of this watch is easily seen due to the large display,
and also offers straightforward information to the viewer ( time, day, date ). The
backlight is the "illuminator" type, lighting up the entire face, making seeing the
display nothing less than ' remarkable'. Water resistant to 100 feet, the case is
also low to the wrist, fitting easily under a shirt sleeve cuff due to its short
height. The braclet may last only 2 - 3 years, but is easily replaced at a low cost;
the battery is stated to last 10 years, but I know of these batteries lasting con-
siderably longer.
The best part for last - these watches are available for less than $20.00. Who
could ask for anything more?
on October 30, 2012
The watch does everything as advertised. I have owned one of these in the far past so I knew what I was getting.

It is a bargain because it is a very old model that is still available at a very low cost. It has most of the features of a contemporary model. The materials are good but not excellent. Expect at least a year of serviceability before the strap breaks.

It is what we all thought of as " state of the art "not too many years ago.

The negatives:

The strap is somewhat brittle and will break from ordinary daily use in about a year.
The lens is a inexpensive plastic so scratching is likely.
The fonts are smaller the most current models.

Positives :

You can't go wrong at this price !
on March 16, 2015
Tells the time, what more can you ask for? Problem is that sometimes I'll press the bottom right button accidentally, and that may cause issues if you're in the shower and etc. Water resistant. After a week I only have one small scratch, it's pretty durable.

updated review 7/4/2015
watch is a beast. It takes a beating and keeps on ticking. Plastic wristband makes it so you don't have wristwatch stank after prolonged periods of usage. No velcro to wear out. gold tint makes it easier to see the time in full daylight. Yea the face is pretty scratched up but not to the point where it's hard to read, again this watch takes a beating and keeps on ticking. Stays on my wrist until i forget it's there and for 13 dollars, you really really can't go wrong here.

updated 12/21/2015
The watch is still going strong. Face is a little more scratched but still clear to see. It makes you wonder what people are doing if the strap breaks. I've tossed this watch around, had stuff hit it right in the face. Even my ex broke the wrap off, you know the little pins that connect the watch to the strap? Just put the pin+ strap back in and it's still working as bought. I will definitely buy a new one of this if this one breaks, if ever.
on January 4, 2013
I've been a big fan of Casio watches for decades now. I loved their reliability, no maintenance, robustness. However, I'm noticing their watch bands do not hold up the way they use to which is very alarming. This is the third Casio watch of this type I've purchased where the band has busted in a couple of places after less than 4 months of use. Very disappointing!
on January 2, 2014
It really is men's size. I usually wear men's watches because I like a bigger face than most women's watches have. However, this is really a men's length band. If you have a small wrist, like me, the strap will go all the way around and almost start to cover the face.
on February 14, 2014
my husband is a large guy. he has a very large bone structure and has a hard time finding watches that will fit his thicker than average wrist. i was a little hesitant to buy him this even though he said he was sure it would fit him. he was sure other watches would fit him and they didnt! but i got it for him.... and much to my surprise, IT FITS! he was actually right, somebody stop the presses!
on January 16, 2014
Many Casio watches within similar price ranges should work equally well. This is the third Casio I purchased for the past 20 years or so. This watch is quite unique regarding appearance. Its kind of light amber, not typical greenish gray, colored surface makes it standout. Surely this is very much a personal preference. Accuracy? The one I have picked up about one second in three days.