4.0 out of 5 stars Everything I expected it to be
I have an older Casio watch that I really love, but the battery died recently and I haven't had a chance to replace it yet. I bought this one to tide me over. This one looks good. It's light. It's comfortable. The default display includes the day of the week, date, and time, which is what I like to see on the watch face. The other functions are less useful to me but...
Published on May 9, 2009 by M. Salsbury

1.0 out of 5 stars READ IF YOU WANT ACCURATE ANALYSIS OF TERRIBLE WATCH
This watch is terrible. There are several reasons why it's only getting 1 star. Listed below are those reasons.
Pros:
- It has several time zones to choose from, so for being in the military and having a girlfriend in a different timezone it's great to not have to play the "what time is it there" game.
- The atomic clock is excellent (when it...
Published 5 months ago by Joshua

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use radio-controlled watch, July 22, 2010
This review is from: Casio Men's WV200A-1AV "Waveceptor" Watch with Black Band (Watch)
I bought this watch as a replacement for a Timex radio-controlled watch whose non-replaceable band had failed after a couple of years. The Casio is bulkier, but I think the band will hold up longer - and anyway it's replaceable.
The setup is typical for this sort of digital watch, and it goes well if you follow the instructions. This one synchronizes with WWVB at 4 minutes after midnight, and if it fails, tries again in an hour. A nice feature is one-button access to the most recent sync time, date, and signal strength. I leave the "world time" zone set to London without DST, which is UTC. The time display is big enough, but the date is a bit small. The only goofy thing about the instructions is that you're supposed to point the 12 o'clock side of the watch toward Colorado. This is not an analog watch, so there's no 12 o'clock side. The watch matches my other radio-controlled time sources, so I am happy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible. Undependable., July 25, 2014
This review is from: Casio Men's WV200A-1AV (Watch)
This thing is the most undependable watch I've ever owned. It's supposed to be atomic...meaning automatically "keeps time". HA

About once a week, it reverts to January 1, 2005....which apparently was a Saturday, in case you need to know :)

Also, at some point every night it changes itself to New York time. Unfortunately, I'm in Illinois, not even close to the "line", so why it picks me up in New York, I have no idea, but it's very annoying.

One more problem, although more minor than the time/date thing....the light don't work most of the time. Either it wont work at all, or it flashes for a split second (not long enough to read the time) and then goes back off. Once in a great while, it will work correctly and stay on for however many seconds it should.

A $4 watch from walmart would be better than this.

1.0 out of 5 stars I have bought more than one Casio with great results, but both of these are rendered useless ..., July 30, 2014
I bought this model once in December and then thinking I had damaged the first one ordered a second in June as a replacement. Both watches now sporadically reset to midnight January 1, 2005. The first watch, when not resetting to 2005, sets to a different time zone. I have bought more than one Casio with great results, but both of these are rendered useless for me as a teacher trying to use it for the classroom. a

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch., June 25, 2014
I purchased this watch to use as daily beater. I ride bicycle a lot so my regular watches were getting shaken apart. This one is very easy to use, looks pretty good, is lightweight and should be quite durable. The display window is actually mineral glass - not plastic like many cheap watches. It should stay longer unscratched - especially that bezel protects it from many direct impacts. My unit receives synchronising signal on first attempt if I leave it on bathroom counter on second floor of my house. It gets it despite the lack of window facing west (I live in Illinois). The display is clear and even smallish date digits are readable for me. I love that all time and date is visible without pushing buttons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Watch Ever, November 30, 2013
I never buy expensive watches. Usually I just go with a crap timex watch, but I grew tired of those, because those never kept time well, and they always broke down. This watch truly came to the rescue. I was elated when I heard it syncs to the satellite, AND it was only 30-something bucks. I thought those kinds of watches were only like $100+. And another thing - I have a really small wrist. Like, really small. And what annoyed me about the Timex Watches were that none of them fit. But this one was perfect - I didn't even have to use the tightest hole.

About the syncing, I know some people are gonna complain about it, but it's fine. Here's how it works - every night, at midnight, it starts the sync mode. If it doesn't work, it waits till 1 and tries again, then 2, and so on until I think 5 or 6. I don't do all that crap about taking it off and facing it towards a window - I leave it on my wrist and it usually works. The satellite's in Utah or Colorado or something, and I live in Atlanta, so it's a pretty good range. You can also use the manual mode, but that almost never works for me; you have to be really still.

Anyway - this is the best digital watch I've every had.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the synchronization, January 24, 2013
N. Bartscher (Mint Hill, NC USA) - See all my reviews
I originally owned a WV58A-1AVCR Waveceptor, but after two years the band began to crack. I looked into replacing the band, but decided to replace the watch. The WV200A-1AV is a little wider and thicker and seems to look a little better on my wrist. The watch syncs itself 9 nights out of 10. Even if it isn't able to sync it remains "on time". I work in a facility with a clock driven by a signal from one of the nations atomic clocks, and even when not synced this watch matches the atomic clock second for second.

1.0 out of 5 stars Died a slow death, April 3, 2013
Amazon Customer (Redwood City, CA USA) - See all my reviews
The back lighting ever only worked intermittently, which was annoying. The atomic clock sync was cool, but was not useful on trips, so I just reset the timezone manually. Lately it would decide on its own that I was in Eastern time, even though I am on Pacific time. Last gasp was it resetting itself to January 2006 at some random time. Enough, time for a new watch. Probably lasted 18 months.

3.0 out of 5 stars I probably had a defect, but..., December 1, 2014
I have enjoyed this watch for a long time; I've owned 2 of them (the first one I lost). It has a nice set of features and works great. I have never had a problem with it not syncing and its nice to know that it always shows the correct time down to the second. The reason I gave it 3 stars is because my second watch started to develop problems that became just a little too annoying. First, sometimes when I would press the "light" button, or even the "mode" button, and the light would stop working for a few minutes along with its beeps (like when you switch modes or an alarm goes off). This wasn't a big issue and I was just going to deal with it because the rest of it worked fine. However, more recently, it developed a much worse problem. The watch would periodically reset itself to factory settings. This would randomly happen when I pressed the "receiving" button when I was in one of the settings like the stopwatch or timer. This meant I couldn't use any other setting besides the main watch because they all use that button. It didn't happen every time I pressed the button, but it was often enough I avoided pressing it, which killed half the usefulness of this watch. It now had effectively no extra features. Eventually the resetting became more frequent and would happen at random times during the day from accidentally pressing the button on the back of my hand. Sometimes I would look down and see it was 12:14 am on January 1st, 2005. That's not what you wanna see when you are running a little late to an appointment. Overall I just can't give this watch the review it deserves because of this resetting problem. Even if this was just a one in a million problem, it kind of killed the vibe for me on this watch. Since this was probably just a defect, I gave it 3 stars instead of 1, because not knowing when your watch will reset is basically a useless watch. Don't get scared by this review, just know it has happened.

1.0 out of 5 stars Casio Watch is Defective, September 8, 2013
The watch does not receive satellite update,the watch does not keep good time. The watch resets itself to 1200 when performing operations pursuant to instructions. The first product from Casio which is so defective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, September 10, 2010
I had my watch for over 2 weeks. The Wave Ceptor has a clean classy (yet sporty) look so it looks geat as an everyday watch. I paid $35 for it and it doesnt look like a $35 watch. I bought it mostly for the looks and Casio's reputation. My buddy bought one also with the steel band and since I liked the Grey and blue look and he liked the red look, we ened up trading bands so now I love it even more. I love the fact that the glass is set deep so its makes it less prone to scratching the glass. All functions work great and are easy to read, yes the date might be a little small but I'm usually lost to the day of the week rather the Date itself. I use it for my daily run and the display it easy to read in stop watch or timer mode. I like the world time but dont do a whole lot of world traveling so its not the most important feature. the Atomic time is dead on. I figure it wont need to set to auto So ill calibrate it once a week. Wish this model came in solor power but her for $35 what do I expect. If it was lost today I'd buy a new one the next day, Get it you'll love it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 330 | Next ›