4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Casio digital watches
I have owned hundreds of watches and this Casio sports digital watch is one of the best. What I like is that the atomic timekeeping functions works well and was easy to set up. The face of the watch displays the day of the week, month, date, and year, hourly time and alarm signal indicators, daylight savings time indicator for world time and home time, and time in hours,...
Published on March 18, 2010 by L. Robbins

1.0 out of 5 stars Casio Men's WV200DA-1A Multi-Task Gear Waveceptor Sports Watch
I purchased this watch on 5/27/2011. On 02/21/2012 about 9 months later I purchased a different watch as this one had given me problems very soon after purchase. The stopwatch feature would reset the watch to factory settings. I thought it was a low battery and I purchased a new one guessing it had sat in storage for awhile before I received it.

The watch...
Published on April 7, 2012 by Anthony

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 413 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very smart!, October 11, 2012
This review is from: Casio Men's WV200DA-1A Multi-Task Gear Waveceptor Sports Watch (Watch)
Great, good looking lightweight watch which looks great on. Very happy with the product! Is as described and glad I bought it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Casio WV200DA-1A Muti-Task Wavecepter, July 19, 2012
Time is easy to view, but date is a little small. Study and secure watch band. Wavecepter time update is a plus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch, if the 1st vendor sent a new, and not damaged watch., May 8, 2012
I have owned a Casio Wave Ceptor for 7 years, and it's still working. It's been a good Watch. I decided to purchase a second one, similar to the current one I own (Its currently no longer made). I ordered this model last week, (From NYwatchstore.com) and it arrived yesterday, very prompt service, However, the watch's stainless steel band had been damaged by someone before I received it. It looked like someone had hammered on a couple of Links with a pointed tool, possibly trying to remove them ? Three of the Links were damaged, very obvious damage. So much for a "NEW" product. I contacted both the seller and Amazon. I heard back from Amazon right away, I am still waiting to hear back from the seller. I requested a replacement watch of the same model, in NEW condition, and the address to return this damaged one to. I also emailed the seller a picture of the damaged band. I hope the seller corrects this issue soon. As to the watch, I can't really comment on the performance of this model since I don't have one yet.

The one that I have had for 7 years has been a really good watch, the remote WWVB time setting has always worked well, and the battery CR1620, was just replaced after of 7 years of use. I will try and post a follow up to this order once I get a response from the vendor.

5-14-12; Follow up, Amazon sent me a RMA #, and I spent another $10 shipping the damaged watch back to NYwatchstore.com. I am now waiting for a refund, which the vendor indicated (by email) would be less their handling costs of $10, so I will have spent $20, and two days of wasted time with nothing to show for it. This was not a very good out come and I can't really recommend this vendor. The product was advertized as NEW, and turned out to be used and damaged.

So I have ordered another watch from ANOTHER vendor, it arrived today.

I received the 2nd watch from another Amazon vendor (TNT Watch and Jewelry of Ca) This watch was received in NEW condition, and works great. I would recommend this 2nd vendor, they shipped promptly and the watch arrived in good condition as was as advertized. I would recommend TNT Watch and Jewelry.

As to the watch, this is a nice, inexpensive watch with a lot of nice features. The WWVB time receiver and updater feature is the best. It also has a back-lit display, built in World time, Calender, stop watch feature and some alarm features. This is a fairly large watch, as most Wave Ceptors are large. The display is sharp and displays the time, full date and day, and if it is currently daylight savings time. It also has the WWVB signal strength indicator. This is only active when the watch is in active signal acquisition mode. Some of the other indicators are small, such as the DST, and ALRM. There are four buttons on the two sides for Mode, Adjust, Light, and Receiving functions. You can perform a manual time check anytime. This takes several minutes, and the watch should be removed and in a stationary position while is receiving the WWVB signal. The watch arrived promptly in good condition and was as advertized. The price was a bargain.

The bad experience with the first vendor is not typical. I have purchased a lot of items and in the majority of the cases, the products arrive promptly and as advertized. I am still waiting for the refund from Nywatchstore, and, of course I will not be purchasing anything else from them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, works great, January 20, 2012
Nothing can beat an atomic clock in accuracy; this watch is reset every night by radio waves (pulses)emitted from Colorado with great accuracy (one second in millions of years); while for practical purposes this is an overkill, this is a modern marvel. Technology never ceases to amaze me.
JuanJ. Ramirez
(HotSmart Plates Inventor)

P.S. It is difficult to adjust the bracelet and/or to remove links. It is time to invent a new system.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love the Wave-Ceptor series, September 6, 2011
I have owned WaveCeptor watches from Casio now for the past 5-6 years, and have always enjoyed them. I like this one also, though it is a bit big in form factor, and smaller with the digits that I really enjoy. The old model I really wanted was no longer manufactured, so I chose this one. It works well though, and keeps my time synchronized every night to the atomic clock, and that is what I really wanted. The metal band was another requirement, as I do not really like the plastic watchbands a lot of the newer watches have. I like the metal band supplied with this watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, clear display. Date should be bigger, year shortened, January 29, 2011
I bought this watch to replace a Casio G-shock Solar when it's battery would no longer hold a charge. This watch is thinner and lighter. More comfortable to wear as well as less expensive. My only complaint is the date display could be larger if they shortened the year display ie: 11 instead of 2011. Nonetheless, I'm pleased with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking watch, November 18, 2010
This watch has a good look and feels rugged.
My only complaint was when I had to take links out of the band to fit my slim wrists.
I wanted to scream! Very hard. I eventually got it to work by using two very small screw drivers.
One to leverage, one to push the link out. Yikes, that was a pain.
But the watch itself is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Waveceptor with metal band, November 9, 2010
Great watch for the price. Once I found the right location to get updates at night, it works very well. The watch band is very comfortable, but finding the directions for adjusting it are almost impossible and once you find them they are not the easiest to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars because of previous wave captors that I had used and bought for others all worked fine until eventually wearing out, August 15, 2014
Watch resets on a regular basis to midnight January 1, 2005. I initially thought that I had done something to cause this, because of previous wave captors that I had used and bought for others all worked fine until eventually wearing out.. I bought a second one of these same watches with a plastic band and had my jeweler change the metal band form this watch to the newer one. The second watch soon developed the same problem as the first. I then sent BOTH watches to Casio repair under warranty. I received both back with the SAME problem still existing. Casio has quality control issues and an INEPT repair center. DO NOT BUY CASIO WATCHES!

2.0 out of 5 stars worthless atomic feature, April 9, 2014
I like this watch in every way but one. It just so happens that the one thing I don't like is the very feature that caused me to buy the watch. I live in central North Carolina and the watch will not pick up the atomic signal. I have left the watch, facing west, in my upstairs window overnight. I have climbed multi-story buildings to try for a signal. NOTHING. I have left it in my office window right next to two atomic desk clocks. They reset, the watch did not. It must not be very sensitive at picking up the signal. Having read the instructions a dozen times and still not getting the reset, I gave up.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 413 | Next ›