Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 28, 2015
I'm extremely pleased with this watch. The "atomic" time-keeping feature is very valuable to me and works fine on this watch. I wanted a battery-powered watch since the previous, and much more expensive, solar-powered atomic time-keeping watch would not stay charged. Obviously, I didn't leave it in direct sunlight enough and over 2 years, the battery failed. That's when I decided to keep it a little simpler and go back to a battery-powered watch where the battery is easily replaceable. I think this watch is a better choice for me. It has great features and has a "look" that allows me to wear it for all occasions. I couldn't be happier with this choice.
on September 18, 2013
I have another Casio waveceptor that receives the correct time in the USA. I've had it about 10 years and other than the light on the watch face no longer working the watch is great. Now when I travel abroad I will be able to receive the correct time, and the watch lites up again. It's all good and the price is about 25 percent of what I paid for my original one.
on April 9, 2014
I like this watch in every way but one. It just so happens that the one thing I don't like is the very feature that caused me to buy the watch. I live in central North Carolina and the watch will not pick up the atomic signal. I have left the watch, facing west, in my upstairs window overnight. I have climbed multi-story buildings to try for a signal. NOTHING. I have left it in my office window right next to two atomic desk clocks. They reset, the watch did not. It must not be very sensitive at picking up the signal. Having read the instructions a dozen times and still not getting the reset, I gave up.
on September 5, 2013
There's not much I can add to what others who like this watch have already said.

I DO positively like having this, and after setting it up it is working great.

The minor caveat is that when I tried to synch it with the time signals shortly after I received it, I kept getting the "ERR" message; it just wouldn't work. But when I followed all the instructions and let it sit near a window overnight, it had synched to perfect time during the night, matching my "atomic" alarm clock's time when I got up.

This IS a larger-faced and fairly "thick" watch, though not the largest I've seen. Yes, some of the display numbers / text (i.e., date and alarm) are small, but, again, not the smallest I've seen, either.

I found instructions online for removing the links to get it to the size of my wrist and got that done with some careful use of jeweler's-sized screwdrivers.

Reading that tiny-print manual that came with it really helps!!! :^)
on July 15, 2016
I've only had this watch for about a week. So far, so good! It's a great looking watch and wears comfortably on my wrist. It seems to always pick up the signal and the time is spot on. However, I find the date numbers to be very small and difficult to read. I have another Casio that I have had for over 20 years and still works perfectly but is showing it's age. The older Casio's date display is larger and much easier to read. I wish this watch had larger numbers. When ordering on the internet, I did not realize this.
on May 8, 2015
Great watch. This is actually the second WAVECEPTOR watch that I now own. The first is almost 8 years old and still runs great. it's showing signs of wear (of course) and the button that makes the light work doesn't really depress any longer and it has a black resin band. This one is new, yay ! and much dressier.
on September 28, 2014
bought for family member who likes it a lot; it was HUGE so he had to pay another $20 to have links removed. I suggested that its likely they send large as better to have to remove some links to wear than to have too small and not be able wear at all. If I missed it sorry, but believe total circumferance not noted or not noted possible cost of half purchase price again to get to fit average mans wrist.
on August 2, 2014
This watch worked for slightly over one year. During that time I really liked this watch a lot, but then, it tells the wrong time and displays the date of 1/1/2005. You can reset the time manually (not by telling it to get the atomic time, it says it's doing that but continues to display the wrong time). After resetting the time manually, I've tried this several times, it lasts for less than a day before again, the wrong time, and date of 1/1/2005. Maybe I got a lemon that did work for a year, or maybe it's just a good for a year watch. I don't know.
on July 6, 2015
Initial impression was good. Operation for the first 9 months was as it should be. Now, at month 13 the watch will not consistently abide by its atomic clock updates, pressing the backlight causes it to completely stop working and it randomly diverts back to a date and time in 2005. Unacceptable.
on July 8, 2014
So far looking and working great! I had a semi-hard time understanding how to program the time, but once I READ THE MANUAL it was very straightforward. I would give it a 4.5 star rating but there is not such a thing, my only minor complaint is that the date is a bit small for my sight (which means I am getting old...40yo).

******************
October 14, 2014 Update
Was a great watch until it started to constantly (4 times in 3 weeks) resetting itself back to 12:00 January 1st 2005 (it is not the battery). I guess some users have experienced the same, perhaps some bad apples among the hundreds (thousands) of waveceptors and I happen to get one of them.

******************
November 30, 2014 Update
Still suffering from random resets, now after daylight savings the watch keeps going to NYC time (not Chicago) where is set at. Spoke with "Customer Support" and it was a waste of time. Sad to see such a long time brand have such terrible support. I called the 1-800-435-7732