5.0 out of 5 stars Waveceptor
The watch is a excellent buy. It works well and with its ability to sync to WWV it is very accurate. It even changed when daylight savings time changed.
Published on March 8, 2009 by Byron H. Okada

2.0 out of 5 stars Customer service non-existent
Published on November 18, 2009 by John Reublin

2.0 out of 5 stars Customer service non-existent, November 18, 2009
This review is from: Casio Men's WV58DA-1AV "Waveceptor" Atomic Sport Watch (Watch)
Pro: I live in central Florida at the far edge of the reception zone and find that the watch sets itself on the first try every night no matter where I lay it, or how I point it, inside my house. All features work nicely. The display is a nice size and easy to read. I like the fact that all the essentials are shown.....hour, minute, seconds, am, pm, dst, month, date, year, day of week, and etc. without having to press extra buttons.

Con: This is a BIG, BIG, BIG con. My efforts with Casio customer support to learn how to change out the battery were fruitless, and after my first try........met with silence. They would have me send the watch to New Jersey to have the battery changed. Local jewelers are a no-no according to Casio. So $10.00 up, another $10.00 back, plus around another $30.00 for the battery and labor. How ever nice the watch may be, it will be a throw away after two years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waveceptor, March 8, 2009

3.0 out of 5 stars Stainless Plastic ?, January 23, 2010
Eric Strang (Santa Monica, California USA) - See all my reviews
This watch is fine and it is about what you would expect for the price but...
The only reason I have decided to break years of product review silence is because I greatly dislike being lied to. The case of this watch is NOT STAINLESS STEEL. It has some parts, mostly cosmetic, that might be stainless steel but the case itself (where the mechanism is housed and to which the band mounts) is PLASTIC. I am especially upset because the "Stainless Steel Case" feature was the final factor in my decision making process. Deep down I know that there is no way that a 32 dollar watch is going to have a stainless steel case but again, liars!

The watch is fine and it has worked as advertised so far. Given the lies about the case material I was a little leery of whether the face crystal was "mineral" and opted to put a clear protective film on it. The complaints about sizing the band noted by other reviewers did not befall me (the clips came out easily with a jeweler's screwdriver). I wanted a digital watch with a countdown timer that had a dress look and was not expensive. It is exactly that, but don't lie to me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Performs as advertised, August 19, 2007
This watch has a lot of features like stop watch, alarm, and automatic time sync. They are work well. It also has some negatives. This watch is heavy and big. My bicep has grown an inch in the first week. The wrist band is difficult to re-size. You must remove links unless you have a huge wrist. You will need an awl, or something slender and pointed. The keys that hold these links togeter came out very hard, I scratched the outside of the band with every link removed. I should have laid the band on a soft cloth (my fault). The watch is perfectly accurate, not bad looking, and priced under $40. That's a pretty good value for this type of watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch for outdoor night owls, March 1, 2008
Triformer (Nebraska, USA) - See all my reviews
First and formost let me say to another reviewer thank you for the comment you made that said in effect unless you have a huge wrist taking out the links is hard. I have a H U G E wrist and when I took the watch out of the box it fit perfectly as if it were made for me. I've been stopped by this part of me from buying many a cool looking, what ever watch for years. It's nice to have some thing for us big guys to have.
Now as to why only 4 out of 5 stars and an explanation for the title of my review. I am very zealous about being on time and this is why I love getting radio watches like this one. The add says it updates the time 6 times a day. Check the manual. For my part of the country (the Mid West) those 6 times are from 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. And to make sure you are getting a right reading you have to be near a window or better yet outside to get a decent reading. Who's up at that hour? Not me. Certainly not to set a watch. I know I can do it manually but what's the point of me buying it then if I have to reset it all the time. Casio should have staggarded out the reset times through out the day.
Other than that...good watch.
Thank you for your time in reading my review.

P.S. Such a good watch I had to order another one just like it. Woot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, January 6, 2009
The Casio Atomic Sport Watch has all the features I need and because of the automatic update of the time from WWVB, it keeps perfect time. Also, because of the built in light, you can check the time in total darkness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waveceptor, August 28, 2009
Mario Alvarez (California, USA) - See all my reviews
I received by mail this wonderful watch and I was very impressed by it the minute I opened the box. It took me a few minutes to reset the time since the year and date were already preset. The watch bracelet was big but every time I have bought a watch, I have to have the band adjusted so it was no biggy. I took it to Walmart and they adjusted it free of charge. I love the watch, the price and it's accuracy. I am a very satisfied and happy owner of this watch. I recommend this watch to anybody. I give it a five star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio WaveCeptor WV58DA-1AV, July 9, 2008
Good watch so far(6 weeks). I had to adjust the stainless steel band which is a pain, but only took about 15 minutes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, bad design., February 8, 2010
I bought this watch and was very happy with it until the end piece holding one side of the strap broke off. It was still in warranty and Casio replaced it with no problem. I have wore the second watch for six months and the same thing happen again. I read Casio's trouble report on the first watch and it said it was too tight or caught on something. Not true, I never caught it on anything. With the first watch the band was tight around my wrist and I thought that might have been the problem. When I had the strap installed on the new watch I had a link removed. It fit loose on my wrist and was never caught on anything. I have wore the second watch for six months and the same thing happen again. The piece that the strap is connected to is plastic and it is not strong enough for the watch. No one should buy this watch. If you get a Casio make sure the strap connection is metal. I am considering buying another Casio but it will be metal where the strap connects. The Wave Cepter feature is excellent. That is why I am considering another Casio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio WV58DA-1AV, November 29, 2008
If you like inexpensive digital watches that keep time to the nearest second, you can't go wrong here. The great part is that you never have to set it as long as it can pick up the signal from the national atomic clock. A radar icon on the face shows that is doing so. The only drawback is that it comes with a very large band, which I had to take to a watch repair place and have shortened.

Rate and Discover Movies