5.0 out of 5 stars So disgusting, so beautiful
I love this watch. I have other watches that outclass this little number but there's something about the combination of the golden robot look mixed with the old school digital display that I like. So far it's worked like a champ.

Published on June 1, 2007 by W. A. Strand

3.0 out of 5 stars 1st Gold Watch in over 20 years
This is a beautiful watch with a good and Large digital display. It is easy to use and set. It is a little thicker than I expected. Compared to the Timex Chronograph that I retired after over 20 years of fateful service, this watch was no more expensive and has a 10 year battery life.
Published on September 3, 2009 by Thomas Martinette

5.0 out of 5 stars So disgusting, so beautiful, June 1, 2007
This review is from: Casio Watch - A178WGA1A (Size: men) (Watch)

Neat features? Well you know that cool blue indiglo light that is all the rage? Well this doesn't have it. What it *does* have is a green LED that lights up display in a very 1980's way. Want reliabilty? This watch (supposedly) will keep on trucking with a 10 year battery life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Casio Digital Watch, January 16, 2007
This review is from: Casio Watch - A178WGA1A (Size: men) (Watch)
Great looking digital watch that has a large digital screen with a bright back light easy for my legally blind husband to read. He flound the watch to look classic and the fit was very comfortable. Would strongly recommend this watch for the price and design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Husband loves his new watch, January 11, 2007
This review is from: Casio Watch - A178WGA1A (Size: men) (Watch)
My husband loves this inexpensive but classy watch. There are so many featuress -- a 10 year battery, dual time -- we have a daughter in Ireland so its very handy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bob, August 11, 2008
William Ayres (Albuquerque, NM USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Watch - A178WGA1A (Size: men) (Watch)
The watch is fine. If you're used to casio watches it is just like most of them. Be aware that the gold plating is only on the outside. The back of the band, sides of the band, and back of the watch are chrome (or silver) color.

4.0 out of 5 stars a lot for your dollar, December 16, 2008
This review is from: Casio Watch - A178WGA1A (Size: men) (Watch)
Purchase this watch for a inexpensive knock around utility watch, and it's good looking. I especially like the easy way the band locks on the wrist. The band is universally adaptable to virtually all wrists. The watch has been dependable in all the extreme beating my activity puts it through. If I did beat it up, I would buy another just like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good display and features - well worth the price, April 27, 2009
This review is from: Casio Watch - A178WGA1A (Size: men) (Watch)
My Seiko gold digital wristwatch suffered from internal rusting and couldn't be adjusted unless I opened the case and jumpered some contacts, so it was time to buy a new digital wristwatch. Very few watchmakers offer digital models anymore, so my choices were limited mostly to Timex or Casio. After reading many user reviews it seemed that Casio had the edge, so I looked for a gold Casio digital watch that included a light, stopwatch and alarm.

The model A-178WGA had all the features I wanted. Granted, it has a resin case (instead of gold-plated metal) and a cheaper looking watchband than the Seiko had, but it also cost less than $30 where the Seiko cost me over $100 about 12 years ago. It is also a bit thicker and wider than the Seiko, but not so much that it is a problem for me. I do like the larger numbers on the display and the light works much better than the Seiko did. In fact, the Seiko light really did not illuminate the display correctly and was essentially useless.

The only downside to the Casio A-178WGA is that the button that changes it from a 12hr to 24hr display is located where it can be too easily pushed when you put your hand in a hip pocket. I have occasionally found my watch in 24hr mode. It would have been better if it required the sequential pressing of two different buttons to change the time mode.

I liked the band better on the Seiko because it stayed in a closed circle and expanded with a "z" hinge to open. It could be easily slipped over my hand and then closed around my wrist using my other hand. Because the Casio band fully opens, it is a bit harder to drape the band around my wrist and then hold one end of the band in place while trying to get the other end to clasp in place. I would use the Seiko band with the Seiko, but the gold colors do not match. I am getting used to the Casio band and can get it snapped in place most of the time on the first try.

The controls are fairly easy to figure out without using the manual. If you are used to the usual settings of a digital watch, you should be fine with this one.

I have only had the watch one month, so I cannot comment on durability or long-term time accuracy. The specifications say it will keep time accurate to +- 30 seconds per month. That is as good as the Seiko.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best watch for the price, March 30, 2008
M. Robbins (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Watch - A178WGA1A (Size: men) (Watch)
I have always bought timex watches for years but they dont last long. This time I decided to try a casio on my brothers recommendation. The display is laeger and easier to read. The quality appears excellent. I did switch the band to a twist-o-flex for comfoft.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost a full-featured chronometer, July 20, 2009
This review is from: Casio Watch - A178WGA1A (Size: men) (Watch)
As other reviewers have reported, this Casio digital chronometer is very attractive with its gold-tone stainless steel band, plastic case, and blue display. However, it does not have a countdown timer, which is a handy feature to use when cooking. Casio may have thought the stopwatch feature could be used to count the elapsed time, but it doesn't have an alarm to ring at the end of a specified time. Nevertheless, I would recommend it to those who don't need the countdown feature.

3.0 out of 5 stars 1st Gold Watch in over 20 years, September 3, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Wristwatch, December 8, 2007
This review is from: Casio Watch - A178WGA1A (Size: men) (Watch)
Excellent product: attractive, sturdy, accurate, and inexpensive. And, the digital numbers are large enough to read easily, even for an old man like myself.
I highly recommend the product.

Casio Watch - A178WGA1A (Size: men)
$26.88