4.0 out of 5 stars baby-g white bga-110
i've been using this watch for almost a month now and i have to say that i like it. this watch is a replacement for my old black baby-g which i used for about 5 years without a problem. the only reason why i replaced it is b/c the LED light stopped working a few months ago and i am one of those people who are anal about being able to see my watch in the dark...
Published on September 30, 2011 by m

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost made it
Very stylish, pretty watch. Major drawback: the numbers are silver on a white background which makes it hard to read - always.
Published on September 18, 2011 by Susanne

4.0 out of 5 stars baby-g white bga-110, September 30, 2011
This review is from: Casio Women's BGA110-7B Baby-G Shock Resistant White Analog Sport Watch (Watch)

this analog watch is very nice looking. the features are great and i've had a lot of compliments.

the reason why i didn't give it 5 stars is because:

1. the resin band gets dirty very easily. if you are like me and wear your watch all the time (eg. to sleep, in the shower, working out), then it's probably better to get another color. i find that i am constantly cleaning the band. the inside of the band (the part that touches my skin) is already a bit discolored...probably b/c i wear self tanning body lotion. i am going to try cleaning it with a little bleach and q-tip and see if that will whiten it up.

i actually looked online yesterday to see if it was possible to replace the orginal band with a stainless steel one. i contacted a company that sells replacement bands for casio and i'm still waiting for a response. if they have it, i will likely replace it.

2. this watch (like the original baby g that i had before) doesn't have the ability to do intervals in stopwatch/timer mode. so, if you are a runner and you like to do 10/1s, there's no beep that goes off at the 10 minute mark and the one minute mark. this is an important feature for long distance runners so if you need that, i say, go for timex or some other brand.

3. the LED button is really hard to find and press in the dark. the old baby G had that great BIG button right on the bottom of the face of the watch. there was never a problem finding it in the middle of the night. with this watch, you have to press the top right button. i find that i'm always fumbling to find it and even when i find it, i seem to have problems pressing it. luckily the hands on the watch also illuminate so you don't necessarily need to use that feature as much.

All in all, i would recommend this watch. it's reasonably priced, sturdy, fashionable yet functional. my old one lasted forever and the face always looked new even though it was 5 yrs old. i did replace the band about 2 years ago though b/c if you wear it all time time like i did, the resin will start to deteriorate and fall apart. I am positive the mechanics of this watch will be just as good, but i'm pretty sure the band itself will need replacing a lot sooner (b/c it's white and will look pretty ugly in the not so distant future) and the face won't stay as 'clean/new' as the black one did.

hope this helps in making your decision.

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost made it, September 18, 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars Not solar powered, November 20, 2013
Henk (Denton, TX United States) - See all my reviews
The commeent " Today, Casio is focusing its efforts on solar-powered radio-controlled watches: the built-in solar battery eliminates the nuisance of replacing batteries, and the radio-controlled function means users never have to reset the time., makes it soudn as if this watch is solar powered.
It is not: See [...]

Battery: SR726W x 2
Approx. Battery Life: 2 years

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, September 27, 2013
I originally bought this watch because I wanted something tough but stylish. I am VERY hard on watches. After owning this watch for over 2 years I still love it. It has discolored a little but not so much that is doesn't look good. I still haven't had to put a battery in it and it seems to keep time just fine. It's also great for travel because I can easily change the display to reflect the new time zone rather than having to reset the watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, August 23, 2013
function-able!! only the stop-watch is limited to 59minutes and 59seconds. others are awesome. I travel a lot. so I can see two different time-zone

5.0 out of 5 stars G shock watches are the best!, July 29, 2013
I love my baby G. This is my second. My first, I made the mistake of having a local person replace my battery and they bent a piece inside and put in batteries (this watch has 2) and then put it back together and they batteries were pushed too hard when the screws were tightened and it smashed the module. I found this out by taking it to a jeweler and I had to order a new one. So, do not have anyone but a professional jeweler or casio change your batteries. It may also make it so the waterproof seal won't work. I never take mine off and I am a hairdresser so it gets a lot of water!!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect watch, really nice and chick looking watch, March 2, 2014
very nice watch, perfect for my use in medical field. i am really happy for my choice. received the item rt away

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby-G, April 18, 2013
The watch is a perfect size and thickness for me. I wear it everyday since I got it! Thank you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Turns Yellow, April 9, 2013
The look is very nice and sleek. Problem I had with this is it fogs. I had it repaired for 3 times due to the same problem and the face and strap turned yellow in less than a year. I won't buy and recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally... a watch my daughter wears!, June 9, 2011
My daughter had been nagging for a baby g watch although she already has a watch that she never wears!! Although a little reluctant I brought her this one and she doesn't go anywhere without it! Easy set up and looks good. My daughter absoloutely loves this Baby G and has no trouble using the functions.

Rate and Discover Movies