Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Size Name: N/A|Color: Silver analog/digital|Change

on September 30, 2011
i've been using this watch for almost a month now and i have to say that i like it. this watch is a replacement for my old black baby-g which i used for about 5 years without a problem. the only reason why i replaced it is b/c the LED light stopped working a few months ago and i am one of those people who are anal about being able to see my watch in the dark.

this analog watch is very nice looking. the features are great and i've had a lot of compliments.

the reason why i didn't give it 5 stars is because:

1. the resin band gets dirty very easily. if you are like me and wear your watch all the time (eg. to sleep, in the shower, working out), then it's probably better to get another color. i find that i am constantly cleaning the band. the inside of the band (the part that touches my skin) is already a bit discolored...probably b/c i wear self tanning body lotion. i am going to try cleaning it with a little bleach and q-tip and see if that will whiten it up.

i actually looked online yesterday to see if it was possible to replace the orginal band with a stainless steel one. i contacted a company that sells replacement bands for casio and i'm still waiting for a response. if they have it, i will likely replace it.

2. this watch (like the original baby g that i had before) doesn't have the ability to do intervals in stopwatch/timer mode. so, if you are a runner and you like to do 10/1s, there's no beep that goes off at the 10 minute mark and the one minute mark. this is an important feature for long distance runners so if you need that, i say, go for timex or some other brand.

3. the LED button is really hard to find and press in the dark. the old baby G had that great BIG button right on the bottom of the face of the watch. there was never a problem finding it in the middle of the night. with this watch, you have to press the top right button. i find that i'm always fumbling to find it and even when i find it, i seem to have problems pressing it. luckily the hands on the watch also illuminate so you don't necessarily need to use that feature as much.

All in all, i would recommend this watch. it's reasonably priced, sturdy, fashionable yet functional. my old one lasted forever and the face always looked new even though it was 5 yrs old. i did replace the band about 2 years ago though b/c if you wear it all time time like i did, the resin will start to deteriorate and fall apart. I am positive the mechanics of this watch will be just as good, but i'm pretty sure the band itself will need replacing a lot sooner (b/c it's white and will look pretty ugly in the not so distant future) and the face won't stay as 'clean/new' as the black one did.

hope this helps in making your decision.
22 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2013
I originally bought this watch because I wanted something tough but stylish. I am VERY hard on watches. After owning this watch for over 2 years I still love it. It has discolored a little but not so much that is doesn't look good. I still haven't had to put a battery in it and it seems to keep time just fine. It's also great for travel because I can easily change the display to reflect the new time zone rather than having to reset the watch.
on September 18, 2011
Very stylish, pretty watch. Major drawback: the numbers are silver on a white background which makes it hard to read - always.
on May 22, 2016
Seems a little expensive for what it is, but I guess you pay for the name. It's what my wife wanted and she is happy with it.
However after 15 months the time is wrong... With this watch you set the time digitally and the hands then move to match that digital time. The digital time is not visible in normal operation, only in the set mode. The problem is the hands stop 13minutes prior to the digital time meaning that we have to set the digital time 13 minutes ahead.
Giving 3 stars because I would think the quality of a watch with this price tag should be a little more reliable.
on November 13, 2015
Being a nurse, my hands are exposed to a number of chemicals and handwashings during the day. I wear my Baby-G everyday and it hasn't discolored AT ALL! The face is easy to read and offers all the information I use at a glance. I'm truly impressed by the quality of this watch and would recommend this product to anyone in the healthcare field!
on March 13, 2016
Very classy look of a Stainless Steel yet comfortable daily wear, Shock Proof and water proof. Very hardy and long lasting watch. Supplier was prompt with the delivery and the prices beats all the web sites I have browsed from. Amazon has all the best supplier.
on December 8, 2014
GOT THE WATCH FOR MY SISTER, AND SHE LIKES IT. SHES PICKY ABOUT STUFF, BUT I REMEMBER HER SAYING SHE THOUGHT THESE WERE OK. I HAVE A MENS G-SHOCK AND REALLY LIKE IT. THIS IS ONE OF THE MORE BASIC PLAIN DIAL FACE AND DIGITAL. 10 YEAR EXTENDED SOLAR BATTERY. EVERYONE LIKED IT A LOT. IT LOOKS GOOD AND IT IS NOT AS LARGE AND CHUNKY AS THE MENS G-SHOCK. GOOD BUY AND GOOD DEAL. THESE WATCHES DO HOLD UP AND THEY ARE PRETTY NEAT.
on May 27, 2012
Beautiful and functional, this is the perfect watch for spring and summer. Great size, not super bulky but substantial, the stainless detaling around the face enables this watch to strike the perfect balance between sporty and casual. It is a great everyday piece, will withstand taking the kids to the pool this summer too! Was easy to set up with the manual. Can't beat Casio quality-this is the first time in a very long time that I've bought this brand, and the quality is still wonderful. Buy it, you will love it. I do!
on April 9, 2013
The look is very nice and sleek. Problem I had with this is it fogs. I had it repaired for 3 times due to the same problem and the face and strap turned yellow in less than a year. I won't buy and recommend it.
on January 8, 2015
This is the second time I have purchased this watch. My first one is getting a bit beaten up after constant wear for a few years, so this was a replacement purchase. Have gotten platy of compliments on the watch. Nice chunky size, sporty look- particularly nice in the summer time. Good for sports activities as well as daily wear-to-work watch. Good value for money. On star is deducted because I usually have to consult the manual to change the time/date setting.