5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch! See correct photo (last pic)
Published on July 14, 2010 by leelee

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed in this watch
Published on January 27, 2010 by Alaya

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch! See correct photo (last pic), July 14, 2010
leelee (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Women's Baby-G Black Whale Digital Sport Watch (Watch)
This watch is awesome. Stylish, rugged and has all the necessary bells & whistles. Has world timer, 5 different alarm settings (do you really need to set 5 daily alarms?), countdown timer, stopwatch, and can store up to 25 phone numbers. I uploaded a correct photo of this model. See last pic with "notes" written below. The "Baby-G" logo is in white and not red as the other photos show. The stylish rod accents do not hinder the display. However, I had to wear reading glasses to read the tiny manual. The rods are encased in some type of rubber/resin material and are in place to prevent face from being damaged if you hit the watch against something. Pretty cool idea on Casio's part. The band is comfortable and I wear this watch outside when bicycling/tennis. The plastic band and watch case are made from shiny material which looks stylish. Great watch for the money. Matter of fact, now I want the Baby-G Ladies Reef watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife loves it !, January 13, 2010
My wife is very particular, and she seldom if ever wears a watch. This g-shock
was given to her for a gift during the holidays, and she wears it everyday. She
owns several other watches, all much more expensive, but this is the only one worn
on a daily basis. She has told me that it is comfortable, accurate, and rugged.
In the final analysis, those are the ideal features of a wristwatch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of bells and whistles, shiny band., August 17, 2013
I have a tiny wrist, so I was nervous about how large the face would be, but it's not too big. The time is easy to read, though the date is set up different from what I'm used to (year-month-day instead of month-day-year). I especially enjoy the small wheel that says if an alarm is set, daylight savings time is enabled, etc.. One thing I wasn't really expecting is that the band is as shiny as the face. I like it. I don't think the user manual was very well written, but it isn't too difficult to figure out. The ease of changing time zones is amazing. I enjoy that the zones are listed by city instead of those three letter codes. The stopwatch function has a few different options, so I don't have to fumble around with apps on my phone like I used to. I haven't beaten this watch up yet, but every other digital Casio watch I've had made it through all kinds of activities (hiking, being scraped on concrete, swimming in rivers, showering, military basic training, etc.), so I'm certain this watch will be no exception.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed in this watch, January 27, 2010
Alaya (Colorado rockies) - See all my reviews
Received this watch as a gift for bday. Ordered Casio G Force watch for a family member, it is really great, and looked forward to this watch. There are two metal bands on the face of the watch, difficult to see in the picture of watch, that obstruct easy viewing and the watch band is shiny black like paten leather. Sadly doesnt work for me as a Fire Fighter. Cant see face of watch easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a fun watch to wear, February 25, 2014
It's a really cute watch. Not what I expected weirdly because it had a shiny strap and was slightly bulkier. But I love it. I never really understand how to work all the features on these kind of watches but I got the directions on line and managed to set the day date and time and that is enough for me. It's comfortable and really cute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Women's Baby-G Black Whale Digital Sport Watch, January 17, 2014
I love my watch, easy to read and easy to set. The wrist band is comfortable and easy to get on and off.
It arrived promptly and on schedule.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch., October 4, 2013
I have a very small wrist and this watch was perfect. Very comfortable and great for the gym. Would buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm a fan, April 12, 2013
I like the appearance. I use it for running but I'd wear it around for casual use too--
Occasionally the buttons get pushed which is annoying and may change the time or something, but it's an easy fix.

4.0 out of 5 stars G shock is the adimantium of work watches, March 10, 2013
These are very trendy nowadays, I like them for the workhorse factor. Bang it all up you want, it keeps ticking. If you are hard on your watches you need a G shock.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handsome watch, March 10, 2014
I was looking for another Casio to replace an older one I've been using for years. I have been a Casio fan for decades, generally sticking to the very basic digital ones with an alarm, water resistance and light. This is the first "fancy" one I've gotten and had to get used to the shiny-ness of it. At first it was just too much for me and I thought immediately that I'd be returning it. I shopped for other Casio options on Amazon and nothing caught my eye. I finally made the decision not to return it and to wear it and got used to the shine. The watch is a little thick but not an obstacle. I now think it's a handsome watch -- and it's got many functions such as count down timer, data bank, multiple alarms, that make it a useful watch if you need all that. I do find the alarm chime a bit on the quiet side, so if you're outside in the city and it goes off, you most likely will not hear it. Overall a nice watch -- Casio has always been a go-to company for rugged, daily wear watches.